A competent engineering professional knowledged in Flight Test Data Analysis, Fluid Mechanics and Structural analysis is passionate to explore new challenges in both Application and R&D engineering sectors. Independent, hardworking, meticulous and curious individual takes pride on assigned tasks and willing to push to the next step and beyond. Never afraid to explore the unknown territories and thinks outside the frame.
Interested to further explore the areas of Flight Physics, Flight Dynamic Modelling & Simulation, Vehicle Safety & Flight Test Data analysis & Fluid Dynamic modelling (High-speed Aerodynamics).
JANUARY 2016 – AUGUST 2018
ANALYST, MECHANICHAL ENGINEER MARTIN AIRCRAFT, CHCH, NEW ZEALAND
Flight Test Data Analysis (1 year) on Martin Jetpack
Projects - Flight Test Data Analysis for Vibration and Spectral Analysis on the Martin Jetpack flight missions.
- Vibration and PSD Estimations based on high vibratory accelerometer data using MATLAB Signal Processing Tool box, Spectral Analyser, Window Designer.
- Flight Test Instrumentation (FTI) data, Flight Data Recorder (FDR) and GPS Test data analysis - Digital Signal Processing (Digital filters, CFC filters, Windows, FFT, DFT, PSD, RMS)
- Acceleration pulse calculations from drop test senor data and validation against simulation test data. - Mathematical foundations and knowledge behind Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
- Familiar FAR 27 regulations for Vibration and Flutter requirements.
- Familiar MIL-STD requirements for substantiation of Vibration (PSD/ASD/RMS)
Stress and FEA Analysis (1.5 years)
Projects - Static & Fatigue analysis on the Manned Jetpack Airframe structural components both rotary and non-rotary components (shafts, pulleys, brackets) and UAV Jetpack (Airframe frames and Tubes).
- Import CAD geometries (SolidWorks) ready for meshing (Msc. Patran and Msc. Apex)
- Mesh optimisation, Mesh refinement (Hex mesh/Tet Mesh)
- Contact Analysis (linear and non-linear analysis), MSc Apex and MSc. Patran
- Establishing Loadcases for Post processing based on Transient Analysis (PAMCrash Drop tests accelerations) - Normal Modes Analysis (Modal Analysis) Msc. Nastran
- Linear Static Analysis, Implicit Non-Linear Analysis (Non-Linear Static Analysis)
- Airframe tubes, bars and joints analysis
- Preparation of Stress reports and technical documentation
JULY 2010 – SEPTEMBER 2014
STRESS ENGINEER, GKN AEROSPACE/QUEST ENGINEERING, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Projects - Hands-on application of Fatigue and Damage Tolerance (F&DT)/Static analysis on Airbus projects involving A400M, A380-800, A380e, A350, A330.
- Static analyses on critical failure modes in A380 Ribs Structure redesign and A380e weight variants.
- A380 Main Wing Box ribs modifications (retrospective repair/modification) Static and F&DT justifications.
- F&DT ESG Assessments on primary structures of FS/RS Spar attachments (Composite and metallic primary/secondary structures) on A380e weight variants.
- A380 Main Wing Box ribs modifications (retrospective and serial repair /modification) to counter future rib cracking. Static and F&DT Justifications.
- A330/A340 Stress Repair Manuals (SRM) for Extended Service Goal (ESG).
- F&DT Checkstress Assessment on primary structures on A400M using Nastran, Patran, DAMTOL (Airbus).
- Pear review and feedback Fatigue analysis, technical support and documents & aircraft certification documents for EIS Certification A330/A340 weight variants.
- Providing technical engineering support and solutions along with weekly customer meetings with Airbus UK & North A. - Preparation of F&DT reports for validation.
MARCH 2009 – DECEMBER 2012
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH STUDENT, RMIT UNIVERSITY, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Research & Development skills and hands on experience in Aerodynamics/Fluid dynamics and CFD.
- Experience in CFD Softwares: ANSYS CFX (12.1 Ver.) & ANSYS Mechanical (Basics).
- Mathematical knowledge on flow dynamics, fluid flow governing equations and discretization of PDEs.
- Turbulence modelling and application of turbulence models: k-ε, k-Ω and SST.
- Well-developed theoretical and modelling skills in high-speed Aerodynamics (Supersonic flow regime).
- Internal flow through nozzles/diffusers and their applications towards supersonic flow simulations,
- Theoretical knowledge and flow modelling in Supersonic flow, Boundary layer Aerodynamics and Near Wall treatments. - Excellent understanding of Mesh Generation techniques in both Structured/Unstructured Grid generation and Boundary Layer mesh/Near wall treatments.
- Knowledge of theory and problem-based applications experience in fluid dynamics and turbulence modelling.
- Knowledge of Turbulence boundary layer theory, Shock Induced BL and BL simulation.
- Journal publication, conference presentation and technical writing skills.
MARCH 2009 – JULY 2010
COMPUTER LABORATORY ASSISTANT, RMIT UNIVERSITY, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Tutoring undergraduates in Chemical and Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge familiarity and laboratory assistant during assignments and projects.
- Subjects taught; Mathematics (Calculus/Algebra), Mathematics for Aerospace engineering (Numerical methods), Nonlinear equations and Mathematics for Engineers.
- Software ANSYS GUI 12.0
EDUCATION AND PUBLICATIONS
MARCH 2009 – DECEMBER 2013
MASTERS IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS BY RESEARCH, RMIT UNIVERSITY, MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Thesis - “Numerical simulation of a 2D Supersonic Convergent - Divergent Nozzle” using ANSYS CFX. Department of Mathematics and Geospatial Sciences
Course work: A two dimensional convergent-divergent nozzle with a rectangular cross section is modelled under ambient conditions experienced by a supersonic jet engine at cruising altitude. The numerical simulation is modeled for three geometry shapes, NAR (Nozzle Area Ratio). Instability due to shock wave formation at the divergent section of the nozzle and Mach shocks downstream of the jet plume region are investigated. The numerical study is carried out to understand the influence of the nozzle geometry and pressure ratio on flow properties downstream of the nozzle and the external jet plume region. The computation is solved with Reynolds Average Navier-Stokes Equations inbuilt to ANSYS-CFX solver with the SST Turbulence model.
MARCH 2001 – DECEMBER 2004
BACHELORS IN AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, RMIT UNIVERSITY, MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA Undergraduate Thesis - “Rendezvous and docking model with ISS” using MATLAB.
Department of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
POST GRADUATE PUBLICATIONS
Ekanayake, E.M.S., Gear, J.A. and Ding, Y., “Numerical Simulation of a Supersonic Convergent Divergent nozzle with Divergent angle variations for Underexpanded Condition”,
17th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference Proceedings, University of Auckland, New Zealand. Dec 2010. Journal ~ 17th Australasian Fluid Mechanic Conference Proceedings 2010 http://www.afms.org.au/conference/17/327_Paper.pdf
Ekanayake, E.M.S., Gear, J.A. and Ding, Y., “Flow Simulation of a 2D rectangular Supersonic Convergent Divergent Nozzle”,
9th Engineering, Mathematics and Computational (EMAC) Conference, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 2009.
Journal ~ ANZIAM Journal 2009 http://dev.journal.austms.org.au/ojs/index.php/ANZIAMJ/article/view/2577/1332
- MatLab programming, Signal Processing Tool Box, Spectral Analysis Tool Box, Window Analyser, MATLAB GUI
- C, C++ Programming
- Msc. NASTRAN, Msc. PATRAN and MSc. Apex (2017)
- ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS CFX (release 12.1 Ver) and ANSYS Mechanical
- SolidWorks and CATIA V5
- AIRBUS APPROVED F&DT SOFTWARES (DAMTOL Programs)
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010, VBA
- LaTex /WinEdit programming
DR. NORMAN FREUND
SENIOR FEA ENGINEER/ SENIOR DESIGN AND SUBSTANTIATION ENGINEER MARTIN AIRCRAFT COMPANY, Wigram, Christchurch, New Zealand Email: Earth.Sky.Surf5(at)gmail.com
CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER, VIP of Engineering
MARTIN AIRCRAFT COMPANY, Wigram, Christchurch, New Zealand Email: Simon.topping(at)gmail.com
DR. YAN DING (MASTER’s DEGREE SENIOR SUPERVISION)
SENIOR LECTURER/ CFD ANALYST
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND GEOSPATIAL SCIENCES, RMIT University, City Campus, VIC, AUSTRALIA Email: yan.ding(at)rmit.edu.au
DR. JOHN GEAR (MASTER’s DEGREE SUPERVISION)
SENIOR LECTURER/ MATHEMATICS
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND GEOSPATIAL SCIENCES, RMIT University, City Campus, VIC, AUSTRALIA Email: jag(at)rmit.edu.au
MATHIEW RICHMOND (F&DT TECHNICAL LEAD/SPECIALIST) QUEST GLOBAL ENGINEERING, (Previous)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.