Spatial Data Research Fellow
Direçao-Geral do Território, Lisbon (Portugal)
• Generate GIS models, themed cartographic maps, and plans to support and accompany reports and Copernicus land surveying products by applying state-of the-art analytic software tools with R, QGIS, ArcGIS and SNAP.
• Uncover insights, hidden patterns, and knowledge in the data being used.
• Research, develop, and implement alternative work-processes and methodologies to detect land use/land cover changes with Earth Observation.
• Formulate workshops and tutorials on geospatial tools and data for PhDs and professionals.
GIS and Remote Sensing Analyst
United Nations Platform for Space-based Information for Disaster Management and Emergency Response, Bonn (Germany)
• Involved in project work and co-ordination with international partners including Stanford University, German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission.
• Prepared GIS models and themed cartographic maps to support and accompany UN reports and products.
• Supported activities of updating, managing and enhancing the UN-SPIDER databases.
• Created technical content for publication, missions and info material for partners
Head of PR and organisational team member
GeoMundus Conference, Munster (Germany)
▪ Exponentially increased external attendance by over 500% compared to 2016.
▪ Developed marketing strategy for defined target groups, coordinated Social Media activities, created PR material and personalized contact letters.
▪ Lead a team of 3 to 23 people.
▪ Used Scrum and Trello for project management.
▪ Wrote and published articles for the event.
GIS Research Assistant
Queen's University Belfast, Belfast (United Kingdom)
• Developed and conducted a research project on land use change.
• Convert data complexity to graphic simplicity.
• Managed three separate geoscience-related events targeted towards children, adults, and combined as part of the Northern Ireland Science Festivals in cooperation with Ulster Museum Belfast.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
▪ Exploring weather trends using SQL and Excel
▪ Explore US bike share data using Python
▪ Exploratory data analysis with R
▪ Data visualization in Tableau
M.Sc. Geospatial Technologies (Erasmus Mundus)
NOVA Information Management School Lisbon (Portugal), Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster (Germany), Universitat Jaume I (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal)
• Spatio-temporal mapping of the Zika Virus in Brazil with R.
• User study on comparing interactive and dynamic information displays.
• Regression analysis of environmental influences on habitat pollution in Belfast.
• Flight planning for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and habitat analysis.
Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Reference Systems, Geostatistics, Data mining and Database Management, Project Management, User Studies, Scientific Writing, Research, R, QGIS, ArcGIS
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitat Bonn (Germany), Queen's University Belfast
(UK), Bonn (Germany)
Geographic Information Systems, Statistics, Scientific Working, Research, Human and physical geography
Mother tongue German
|Listening||Reading||Spoken interaction||Spoken production||Writing|
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.