• Highly competent engineering professional with 18 years of experience in satellite communications (SATCOM) spanning Military and commercial systems.
• Respected leader of specialised teams, with a proven ability to develop a highly capable organisation that achieves results in a complex environment.
• Identified as top leadership talent and selected for Senior Executive Talent Management Program. Successfully completed the program with an assessed “above peer-group” performance against the Integrated Leadership System/Capability Framework.
• Systems Engineering Management
• Satellite and Satellite Ground Segment Engineering
• Radiofrequency Engineering Expertise
• International Liaison and Negotiation
• Stakeholder Management
• Project Management
• Procurement and Contract Management
• Strategic Thinking
• Organisational Development
• Specialised Team Leadership
CAPABILITY ACQUISITION AND SUSTAINMENT GROUP (FORMERLY DEFENCE MATERIEL ORGANISATION), Canberra ACT - Australian Government agency responsible for the acquisition, through-life support and disposal of equipment for the Australian Defence Organisation.
Chief Engineer - SATCOM SPO, 1/2013 to Present
Chief Engineer – Australian Satellite System Expert - SPACE SPO, 12/2010 to 1/2013
Engineering leadership for the SPO, with 40+ engineering and technical staff working across several major capital acquisition, minor and rapid acquisition projects, and sustainment portfolio. Director of the Australian SATCOM System Expert (SSE), a team of specialised engineers and support staff responsible for certifying SATCOM systems intended for use on Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS).
• Grew, developed and matured the SSE from a fragmented, emerging need, into a fully functioning and high-performing engineering organisation that is successfully delivering WGS certification services to Defence, other Government agencies and Industry.
• Secured bi-partisan agreement with the US DoD for the Australian WGS Certification Authority role as part of the Australian SSE. The Australian SSE is the only recognised Authority worldwide, outside of the US DoD.
• Oversaw the development and set to work of a dedicated SATCOM test and integration facility, along with the development and procurement of specialised test equipment and processes, to enable the SSE certification capability.
• Represented Australia at a US Government MIL-STD working groups, successfully negotiating Australian technical requirements into the MIL-STD framework.
DEFENCE MATERIEL ORGANISATION, Canberra ACT - Australian Government agency responsible for the acquisition, through-life support and disposal of equipment for the Australian Defence Organisation.
Principal Engineer Ground Segment - SPACE SPO, 1/2008 to 12/2010
Satellite Systems Engineer – SATCOM SPO, 9/2003 to 1/2008
Advanced through a series of roles of increasing responsibility, culminating in the leadership of a small team providing specialist engineering support to Defence satellite communications systems, during the acquisition and in-service phases of their life cycle.
• Project and engineering management of a civil infrastructure upgrade project to develop a satellite ground station in collaboration with the US Navy. Successfully negotiated a cost sharing arrangement which lead to savings ($3M+) for the Australian Government.
• Engineering management of major capital acquisition project, successfully leading the engineering effort through Request for Tender, Offer Definition and contract negotiations.
• Closure and transition into service of a major Ground Segment acquisition project. Including significant engineering upgrades and development of SATCOM terminal standards in conjunction with the US DoD and UK MoD.
AUSTRALIAN COMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY, Canberra ACT – Independent statutory authority responsible for regulating radiocommunications services in Australia.
Radiofrequency Engineer, 11/1999 to 9/2003
Performed satellite coordination engineering, specialising in radiofrequency interference analyses and sharing studies. Conducted technical coordination of Australian satellite networks, launch vehicles and Earth stations and research and development of RF propagation models.
• Completed and presented to leadership a major technical study into sharing the 2GHz band between existing fixed microwave services and upcoming mobile satellites service systems, as part of the International Telecommunication’s Union (ITU) IMT-2000 initiative.
• Presented satellite coordination methodologies to an international delegation to assist in the development of their space industry.
• Researched, developed and presented a peer-reviewed scientific paper to the Australian Radiofrequency Study Group on RF propagation, which led to the findings being incorporated into an ITU Recommendation.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
Master of Engineering Science, 2008
• Electrical Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF CANBERRA
Bachelor of Engineering, 2001
• Electronics and Communications Engineering
CANBERRA INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY
Diploma of Government, 2014
• Procurement and Contracting
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.