Expected Graduation: May 2019
• Physics-Astronomy Major, Mathematics & Statistics and Ceramics Art Minors, GPA 3.9
• Relevant Coursework: Physics I&II, 20th Century Physics, Optics, Waves Electronics & Quantum Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, Mathematica for Contemporary Physics, Galactic Astronomy, Cosmology, Stellar Astrophysics, Observational Astronomy, Computational Problem Solving, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics & Functional Programming, Calculus III, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations,
• Mathematica, Python, C++, Excel, SolidWorks, Maple, LaTeX, Linux, Adobe Photoshop
• Clear written and verbal communication; interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on teams
• Reliably and consistently ensure completion of tasks; work precisely with numerical data
• Proficient in Spanish
• Modelled telluric absorption to aid precise detection of exoplanet transits
• Wrote Python radiative transfer code with HITRAN database for absorption lines
• Retrieved molecular abundances with a Python code utilizing the Monte Carlo Markov Chain sampling technique
• Collected data and effectively utilized observing time at telescope
• Worked with research team to determine future steps to be taken and implement code in pipeline
• Presented weekly findings to research team and gave final presentation
Society of Physics Students
• Collaborate with other students to construct an electric car
• Write grant proposals and attend grant proposal panel interviews
• Measure Kuiper Belt occultations with 30in telescope to determine object’s dimensions and orbital parameters
• Attended Spring 2017 Regional SPS Conference and Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics
Physics and Astronomy Teaching Assistant and Tutor
• Teach individual physics and astronomy tutorials; address conceptual understanding and specific problem sets
• Assemble telescopes during astronomy labs; assist students with observations; reinforce concepts learned in class
• Independently created and implemented 12 hours of instruction for Study Skills high school camp
• Office assistant, schedule coordinator, and parent-teacher conference Spanish-English translator
Women in STEM Club President and Co-Founder
• Create stronger presence on campus and inviting environment for women in STEM disciplines
• Organize weekly meetings and projects including club activities, outreach programs, lab tours, and events
• Coordinate with speakers, alumni, and professors; plan campus-wide events
• Panel presentation during annual conference on privilege
YWCA Girls' Empowerment Leader
• Completed Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault CORE Advocate 40 hour training
• Generate and teach interactive life skills and empowerment lessons at local elementary schools
• Engage 5th grade girls with topics including nutrition, peer pressure, self-esteem, and bullying prevention
• Spoke about girls’ leadership and empowerment at YWCA’s Annual Fundraising Luncheon
• Train other leaders and expand program to be implemented at additional elementary schools
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.