Researcher · Ph.D. in Astrophysics
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue), English (C2 CEFR), Italian (A2 CEFR), Chinese (A2 CEFR)
Creative, versatile and thorough person, adept at proactive teamwork, able to provide efficient solutions while enhancing a healthy and social work environment. I earned my Ph.D. in Astrophysics after carrying out a very international thesis in research centres from several countries (see Education section below). In this period, I learned and pieced together the technical, observational and theoretical aspects of state-of-the-art astronomical science, focusing on imaging techniques with data from some of the top and most complex observatories of the world.
Seeking to broaden my background as a research and data scientist in the aerospace industry focussing on astronomical and geophysical missions (both space and ground segments) and related areas. Immediate availability.
INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS OF ANDALUSIA (IAA−CSIC) - Dec 2012 – Jul 2018
– Ph.D dissertation: Study of the origin of HI asymmetries of the highly isolated galaxy CIG 96 by means of deep optical and HI observations. − CSIC Digital Library
– Observed, acquired, calibrated, imaged and analysed optical and interferometric data (Python scripting, notebooks and astronomical software).
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA-ESAC) - Jan – Sep 2012
– M.Sc. dissertation: The Galactic Super-massive Black Hole: merging X-ray spectra.
– Calibrated and analysed X-ray data from ESA’s XMM-Newton telescope Scientific Archive.
– Selected ESA/ESAC 2012 Trainee.
DPTO. ASTROFISICA Y CC. ATMOSFERA (UCM), iTec Astrónomica - Sep 2010 – Sep 2012
– B.D. dissertation: Sky brightness and atmospheric extinction with AstMon-UCM.− UCM e-prints
– Developed a meteorite tracking and detection station at UCM in coordination with iTec Astronómica S.L.
* Scientific consultant
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA-ESAC) - Dec 2011 – Feb 2012 & May 2012 – Sep 2012
– Project: III XMM-Newton Observatory Literature Database Review and Update (1st and 2nd stage)
– Data mining and advanced database usage of XMM-Netwon telescope Scientific Archive at ESAC. Acknowledged in publication.
Ph.D. in Astrophysics - Grade: outstanding - Dec 2012 – Jul 2018
Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA−CSIC), University of Granada (UGR) - Granada, Spain
– Grant: 2012 FPI research program (Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Spain).
– Associated stays and visits: European Southern Observatory (ESO, Chile, 2014, 2015), Pete V. Domenici Science Operations Center (NRAO, NM, USA, 2014), Dpt. Astronomy, University of Massachusetts-Amherst (UMass-Amherst, MA, USA, 2014), Kapteyn Astronomical Instituut (The Netherlands, 2015, 2017).
M.Sc. in Astrophysics - GPA: 3.30 (7.6/10) - Sep 2011 – Sep 2012
Complutense University (UCM), Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM), ESA−ESAC - Madrid, Spain
– Additional course: ESA projects management - Aerospace Formation Institute (INSTAE).
Bachelor’s Degree in Physics - GPA: 3.0 (6.4/10) - Sep 2001 – Sep 2011
Complutense University (UCM) and Valencia University (UV) - Madrid and Valencia, Spain
– Grants: Aerospace Engineering and Services (INSA) and High Energies Group (GAE-UCM).
– Fluent: Python (NumPy, SciPy, imaging and scientific libraries, Pandas, iPython, notebooks, sklearn - acquainted).
Operative systems, technical software and utilities
– O.S.: proficient in Linux/UNIX, Mac OS and Windows based OS.
– Technical software: MySQL (database creation and maintenance), GitHub, GIS, Latex, HTML,astronomical software (CASA, IRAF, DS9, KARMA, VO tools - all in Mac OS/UNIX based OS).
– General: creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, project management, communication.
– Technical: experiment design, image processing and analysis, statistical analysis.
– Computational: scientific programming, cloud utilities.
PUBLICATIONS, CONGRESSES AND OUTREACH
Complete academic publications report: SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System
– First author or coauthor in different peer reviewed publications in first quartile journals, contributions to national/international scientific congresses, online data and image catalogues.
Oral contributions at congresses and public outreach
– Speaker at EWASS congress 2015, poster at IAU 321 Symposium, invited speaker in astronomy courses and public outreach talks (UMass-Amherst, ESO-Chile, UCM, IAA).
Stéphane Leon, Ph.D. - >sleon(at)alma.cl
Position: System Astronomer at ALMA observatory, ESO/JAO.
Relation: Ph.D. advisor.
Javier Blasco Herrera, Ph.D. - javier.blasco.herrera(at)gmail.com
Position: Data Scientist at Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.
Relation: close collaborator in my scientific group as postdoctoral researcher.
Víctor Terrón Salas - quintanar(at)gmail.com
Position: Site Reliability Engineer at Google.
Relation: close collaborator in my scientific group as software engineer.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.