Software Development Consultant, Project Manager, Principle Software Engineer
>18 years Software Engineering, Software Development
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Sr. Software Engineer, TDKC (03/2018 – 09/2018)
* Site lead for an Air Force Research Laboratory team. Enhanced and developed new software for a Java based satellite tracking and ground station system. Software was created within a secure environment on contract to United States Air Force in partnership with the Joint Space Operations Center. Java development followed an agile software approach and applied Scrum principles within a secure environment.
* Work within Engineering organizations, Integrated Product Teams, Supply Chain, Operations, Program Management, Document Control, and other groups to support product data management development to meet customer requirements while complying with Configuration Management guidelines. Working effectively with all levels of management, peers and subordinates.
* Development follows an agile software development approach and applies Scrum principles. Technologies include but not limited to Java, Eclipse IDE, SQL, JIRA,SVN.
Software Development Consultant, Self Employed (AppDynamics, PPC, GAITS) (08/2016 – Present)
* Lead projects following agile , waterfall methodologies through all aspects of the SDLC including requirements definition, designing, developing, testing, and deployment.
* Experience working with Engineering organizations, Integrated Product Teams, Supply Chain, Operations, Program Management, Document Control, and other groups to support product data management development to meet customer requirements while complying with Configuration Management guidelines. Working effectively with all levels of management, peers and subordinates.
* Experience developing software within secure environments for Sandia National Laboratories, Air Force, DoD, and DOE customers. >18 years development experience, last 8 leading technical teams.
Sr. Software Engineer, Lockheed Martin (01/2015 – 07/2016)
* As Project Manager, lead teams of software engineers in the design, planning, development, testing, and implementation of Software Engineering development projects for the United States Air force.
* Collaborated with customer, software development teams, and senior management to determine feasibility of design strategies for proposed software within secure software development environments for efficiency and performance.
* Familiar with software development within a secure environment.
Lead Software Engineer, DOE National Training Center (08/2014 – 11/2014)
* Managed software development projects utilizing an Agile Software Development/SCRUM approach. Lead weekly configuration management meetings and daily SCRUM sessions.
* Experience in Finance, Program Management, Engineering or Program Planning & Scheduling, and sustainment principles, practices and standards. Acted as a formal and informal mentor to Engineering and technical team members.
Lead Applications Development Analyst, Honeywell Aerospace / BendixKing (02/2012 – 07/2014)
* IT Software Project Manager. Managed project budgets, resource allocation (>15 member teams), and time lines. Served as a liaison between business stakeholders, operating organizations and IT. Defined project mission, goals, tasks, resource requirements, and resolved conflicts within and between projects.
* Built relationships with On and Offshore stakeholders to understand applications, software designs, and architectures to implement successful technical solutions.
* Worked with third party vendors to determine solutions to technical challenges. Recommended, purchased, and implemented best software solutions for SW development projects and IT department.
Sr. Systems Analyst, Presbyterian Health Services (10/2007 – 12/2011)
* Led the planning, design, development, testing, and deployment of Java based web applications.
* Analyzed, tested, troubleshot software errors associated with applications supported by the web development team including server, network, and software errors. Tested and provided feedback regarding new functionality and features of software and hardware solutions. Maintained relationships with vendors, internal customers, and IT staff providing technical expertise. Installed, configured, and administered operating systems, application software and hardware used for enterprise wide web applications.
Software Engineer V, Sandia National Laboratories (03/2006 – 09/2007)
* Contributed to the development of an open source program used for parallel, interactive, scientific visualization. ParaView utilized client-server architecture to facilitate remote visualization of datasets to generate level of detail models to maintain interactive frame rates for large datasets. The application was built built on top of the Visualization Tool Kit (VTK) libraries. ParaView was designed for data parallelism on shared-memory or distributed-memory multicomputers and clusters.
* Member of a team that developed an aircraft-based atmospheric material collection system for use in military aircraft. System required real-time interfacing (Ethernet) to several subsystems in an effort to provide capabilities for gas and particulate sampling and radiation analysis. Responsible for software development, documentation, and testing of operational system software to meet US DOD military standards (MIL-STD) requirements. Data analysis, process control, object-oriented software design and development, sensor or collection system development, and systems engineering.
Senior Programmer Analyst, Honeywell International Inc. / FM&T NM LLC (12/2000 – 03/2006)
* Developed Java web applications per Sandia National Laboratory and NNSA requirements in an effort to create quality components and systems for nuclear security enterprise sites as well as the military.
* Member of an Engineering team which developed a precision aiming software application for the defense threat reduction agency (DTRA). Project demanded hardware and software integration solutions that provided DTRA with commercial-grade software which met DOD customer requirements for speed, performance and stability. Served as project lead for the development of the precision aiming user interface.
* Created an automated machine visioning system to inspect and validate high explosive material for Los Alamos National Laboratories. The system utilized motorized stages and a digital camera to acquire images. Custom image processing algorithms were then applied to the images in an effort to determine micro scale characteristics unique to each type of high explosive.
Experience: C#, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, TFS , CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap, XML, SQL, HTTP, C/C++, Visual C++, SCRUM, SharePoint Designer, VSS, IIS, Java, Java Script, J2EE, Angular, Vue, Eclipse, NetBeans, Git, Jenkins, Atlassian Confluence, Tapestry, Java Struts, Tomcat, BEA WebLogic Workshop Studio, MS Project, Basecamp, Asana, SVN, Git, JIRA, JUNIT, Trello
B.S. Engineering, 1998
New Mexico Institute of Technology, NM
University of New Mexico, NM
DoD Secret Clearance (Active)
DOE Q Clearance (Inactive)
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Lean Six Sigma and DFSS Certification
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.