Some key large implementations led by me include:
Significantly added to the security of the United States by leading the launch/operational deployment of first-of-a-kind satellites and planetary probes in the >$1B class for NASA and Department of Defense.
Preserved and protected historic Apollo landing sites on the Moon by leading innovative government policy.
Saved manned spaceflight programs significant funding with innovative Zero-Based Budget process as Deputy Director of Spaceflight Safety/Mission Assurance.
Saved government significant funds while providing high value to commercial lander companies by inventing strategy, funding milestones and acquisition planning for procuring commercial lunar lander data.
Created international recognition for State of Hawaii by developing an innovative planetary robotics test center.
Business strategy and Road-map building
Creating strong relationships
Coaching & Mentoring team building
Integration of complex space programs
Austin College ▪ Sherman, Texas
Bachelor of Physics
University of Houston - Clear Lake ▪ Clear Lake, Texas
Masters in Business Management (MBA)
NASA ▪ Houston, Texas
Senior NASA Flight Director, Space Shuttle
1988 – 2000
· Directed 25 Space Shuttle missions (1988-2000) in the planning and execution of spacecraft, flight crew and ground communications network in the conduct of Shuttle mission operations.
· As Lead Flight Director, led many of NASA’s flight operations for highly classified Department of Defense (DoD) spacecraft flown on Shuttle.
NASA ▪ Houston, Texas
Manager, Lunar Commercial Initiatives
2006 – 2011
· Managed NASA agency’s strategic initiatives for lunar and NEO commercial efforts.
· Led the strategy, funding milestones and acquisition planning for leveraging emerging capability of Google Lunar X-Prize (GLXP) in commercial lunar transportation/data
· Served as the NASA agency co-lead in crafting commercial / international / NASA partnership options for early lunar flight testing of water/oxygen extraction technologies
State of Hawaii - Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems (PISCES) ▪ Hilo, Hawaii
2012 - 2016
• Led the innovative research in Hawaii for technology development of planetary surface systems.
• Responsible for overall strategic planning, legislative funding bills, financial management, organizational development, staff management and program operations of PISCES.
• Represented Hawaii at National Lt. Governor’s forum of Aerospace States Association (ASA).
• Establish key partnerships with federal (NASA), international, private sector and academia for joint research with PISCES.
• Directed the planning and coordination of space-related activities and promoted opportunities for expanding and diversifying aerospace-related industries in the State of Hawaii pertaining to the space center.
Outstanding Leadership Medal (OLM) ▪ NASA
Exceptional Service Medal (ESM) ▪ NASA
Ran four (4) Houston Tennaco Marathons.
Assistant Coach for college baseball - University of Houston, University of Hawaii-Hilo: produced two All-American catchers.
Served as Board of Director for four organizations, including Chairman of Advisory Board, Texas A&M University Space Engineering Research Center (SERC).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.