I'm a Space Engineer focused on both development of software based control systems and system engineering. I have on-the-job experience on satellites, telescopes and aircrafts.
Avionics Software Engineer at TXT-E Solutions, Milan, Italy
June 2018 - present
Real-time embedded software development for the M346 Master military trainer aircraft. Worked on low-level software requirements definition to fulfill system-level ones, object-oriented software development (Ada 95), testing and code auditing activities to ensure compliance with the DO-178 development standard.
Mechanical System Engineer at OHB Italia (Telescopes Division), Milan, Italy
July 2017 - June 2018
Final integration and testing activities concerning the Fly-Eye Telescope:
- specification of software and hardware requirements for an optical adjustment system controlled via stepper motors; design of the electronic control system as well as the related Python based software layer employing CAN protocol libraries; final hardware and software testing;
- implementation of automated procedures for testing of the equatorial mount of the Fly-Eye telescope employing EPICS libraries via Python API;
- design of both the procedure and experimental setup to measure telescope natural frequencies;
- CAD design of an opto-mechanical alignment system;
- testing and re-design of the sealing system between the mechanical interfaces of optical cameras and telescope structure;
- supply management concerning the aforementioned activities.
Structural Analyst Intern at OHB Italia (Satellites Division), Milan, Italy
Jan 2017 - June 2017
- Post-processing of data acquired during vibration, acoustic and shock tests performed on PRISMA satellite Structural Model. Verification and analysis of acceleration levels measured at equipment interfaces;
- Writing of technical reports prepared for internal or external distribution;
- Experience in vibration and shock testing of satellite equipments, according to ECSS standards;
- Responsible of phase-B structural analysis of the VEnUS module designed for the VEGA launcher, developing the preliminary static and modal FEM analyses.
M.Sc. in Space Engineering at Politecnico di Milano (2014 - 2016)
Principal subjects covered: orbital mechanics, space mission analysis and design, aerothermodynamics, satellite ADCS, dynamics and control of aerospace structures, space propulsion and power systems, heat transfer and thermal analysis, aerospace structures and materials, telecommunications systems.
B.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano (2010 - 2014)
Principal subjects covered: calculus and applied numerical analysis, physics, automatic control, thermodynamics, circuits and electronics, aerospace structures, aerospace propulsion, aerospace technologies and materials, fluid dynamics, atmospheric flight mechanics, aerospace experimentation, business economics and organization.
Design and Optimization of the Restraining Device of a Space Telescope Primary Mirror, master thesis at Politecnico di Milano
Re-design of the restraining devices of the Optical Breadboard (OBB) mirror, a small scale demonstrator, designed and built within the Large Aperture Telescope Technology (LATT) ESA project -- commissioned to OHB-Italia. Building of Nastran FEM, opto-structural optimization (with custom designed optimizer in Python) of mirror flexures to minimize wavefront error and to ensure mirror stability under launching loads. Identified new numerical and experimental activities to estimate and measure wavefront error in a 0-g and low-temperature environment.
TETRIS: Tethered Debris mission. Project carried out within the university course of Space Mission Analysis and Design at Politecnico di Milano
The in-orbit-demonstration (IOD) mission aimed to assess the feasibility of capturing a non cooperative space debris by means of a tether-net system. The phase-A design of both a chaser and a satellite employed as target debris was investigated. Relevant for the objectives of the project was the design of both the shooting system of the net and the release mechanism of the tether. I was in charge of the design of the structure and configuration subsystem. I was team leader/system engineer during the third month of the project, coordinating 10 colleagues.
Languages: English (full professional proficiency), French (basic proficiency), Italian (mother tongue)
Programming: MATLAB/Simulink (proficient), Python (proficient), Ada95 (proficient), .NET (proficient), C (basic), Bash (basic)
GUI Development: Qt Designer - PyQt (work experience)
Communication Bus Standards: CAN (work experience), MIL-STD 1553 (work experience)
Version Control System: Git (work experience), Serena Dimensions (work experience), TortoiseSVN (basic)
Modeling and FEM: MSC Patran (proficient), MSC Nastran (proficient), HyperMesh (work experience), Femap (basic)
CAD: UG-NX (work experience), Solid Edge (work experience), Solid Works (work experience), Inventor (work experience)
Office Software Suite: Microsoft Offce (proficient), Libre Office (proficient), LaTeX (proficient)
Requirement Management Tools: Doors (work experience)
Data Analytics: Pandas (work experience)
Vectorial Graphics: Inkscape (proficient), graphviz (work experience), tikz (work experience)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.