16 Oct 2017–Present Development engineer
Rockwellstraße 3, 38518 Gifhorn (Germany)
- Protection of networked vehicle functions
- Analysis of system and software architectures
Business or sector Professional, scientific and technical activities
10 May 2007–9 May 2017 Research fellow
Remote Sensing Technology Institute (Department: Atmospheric Processors), German Aerospace Center (DLR), Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
▪ assessment of the scientific algorithms developed for the SCIAMACHY L1-2 retrieval by external institutions with the special attention on an algorithm adaptation to the existing processor's architecture
▪ implementation of the new products (e.g. BrO, SO2, HCHO, CHOCHO, H2O total columns, NO2 and BrO tropospheric columns, etc.) into the existing SCIAMACHY L1b-2 operational data processor including the documentation and testing. Participated in releases of 4 versions of the SCIAMACHY L1b-2 processor (number of products increased from 6 to 18)
▪ choice of optimal calibration settings to be applied on L1 spectra
▪ consultation concerning an optimal set-up of processing streams for the operational near-real time and off-line L1b-2 data processing
▪ participation in the design of the final format for L2 products (cleaning of the product content, harmonization with the climate and forecast conventions, user friendliness)
▪ support of the system engineer with the physical background of the algorithms written in C++
▪ verification and validation of the algorithms results as well as support of such activities undertaken by partner institutions
▪ automated testing of new L2 products. Regression tests for existing L2 product. Statistical data analysis
▪ analysis of product anomalies
▪ support in issue resolutions in the processor code by prototyping in IDL
▪ visualization of L2 products using Python (matplotlib, basemap), GMT and IDL
▪ experience in usage of the radiative transfer models LIDORT and DOME
▪ documentation (algorithm theoretical baseline documents, verification reports, detailed processing models, product READ_ME files, etc.)
▪ presentation of the scientific results at conferences and technical meetings to the international community and project partners
▪ participation at the SCIAMACHY Quality Working Group progress meetings
▪ cooperation with the ESA Atmospheric Toolbox project (BEAT) developers in order to clarify peculiarities of the SCIAMACHY L2 product
▪ student Master thesis supervision
16 Apr 2002–30 Apr 2007 PhD researcher
Institute of Chemistry and Dynamics of the Geosphere, Institute I: Stratosphere, in the Research Center Jülich, Jülich (Germany)
▪ laboratory calibrations of the instrument before and after every field campaign as well as technical maintenance of the instrument during the campaigns;
▪ measurements of the halogen radicals in the stratosphere
▪ field research (participation in the EUPLEX aircraft field campaign in the Arctic as well as in 4 balloon field campaigns in frames of ESABC Project);
▪ modelling of photochemical processes in the atmosphere
1 Nov 2001–15 Apr 2002 Researcher
Czech Technical University, Department of Electrical Engineering, Chair of Physics, Prague (Czech Republic)
▪ study of the polymerisation in corona discharge at atmospheric pressure
1 Oct 2000–31 Oct 2001 Researcher
Charles University, Department of Mathematics and Physics, Chair of Macromolecular Physics, Prague (Czech Republic)
▪ production of polymer/metal composite films in plasma, their characterization by optical methods
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
16 Apr 2002–29 Mar 2007 Dr. rer. nat.
Department of Mathematics and Natural sciences, Chair of Physics, University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal (Germany)
PhD thesis: "In-Situ BrO Measurements in the Upper Troposphere / Lower Stratosphere: Validation of the ENVISAT Satellite Measurements and Photochemical Model Studies"
1 Sep 1994–3 Jun 1999 Engineer-physicist (Dipl.Ing.)
Sumy State University, Sumy (Ukraine)
Chair of physical and biomedical electronics
▪ two months internship at Institute of Applied Physics, Ukrainian Academy of Science, Sumy
▪ two months technological internship at Open Joint-Stock Company "SELMI" (electronic microscopes production), Sumy
Mother tongue(s) Russian, Ukrainian
Foreign language(s) UNDERSTANDING SPEAKING WRITING
Listening Reading Spoken interaction Spoken production
German C2 C2 C2 C2 C1
English C2 C2 C2 C2 C1
Czech C2 C2 B1 B1 B1
French A1 A1
Levels: A1 and A2: Basic user - B1 and B2: Independent user - C1 and C2: Proficient user
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
▪ coordination of the L0-1 and L1b-2 processors development teams
▪ good teamwork skills gained during collaboration with international partners
Organisational / managerial skills
▪ good organizational skills through an engagement in workshops arrangement
▪ coordination of implementation and verification procedures with external institutions
▪ good skills in learning of complex issues (through necessity to asses algorithms developed by external institutions)
▪ ability to work under pressure, e.g. when team member dropped out or in case of delays on the previous development level
▪ mentoring skills (I supervised a Master Thesis student at DLR)
▪ practical laboratory skills (assembling of a calibration stand, handling of gases)
Digital skills SELF-ASSESSMENT
▪ experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems (since 2002 on a daily basis)
▪ proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
▪ good office skills (LibreOffice, LaTeX, lyx, Kate)
▪ programming languages:
▫ IDL (since 2002 on a daily basis)
▫ Python (since 2011 occasionally; matplotlib, basemap, maps creation, data gridding)
▫ Fortran (in 2011 DLR scientific ozone limb retrieval algorithm written in Fortran was validated; basic understanding of the code was necessary to undertake modifications in order to test various input data)
▫ TurboPascal (1994-1999, university course)
▫ C++ (in 2011 three-day training program for DLR staff; since then support of the system engineer with physical meaning of the code parts). At present - Coursera online course "C++ For C Programmers" organized by University of California, Santa Cruz
▫ shell command line tool
▪ good knowledge of image editing software (GIMP, Gwenview, ImageMagic)
▪ good knowledge of mapping software (GMT)
▪ familiarity with Eclipse (integrated development environment) and KDE Development Kit (KDevelop)
▪ good mastery of CANoe (test software for analysis, simulation, testing, diagnosis and start up of control units manufactured by vehicle suppliers)
▪ experience with a revision control system SVN- and StartTeam software (the SCIAMACHY processor code including all internal and external documents managed by SVN)
▪ good command of awk (powerful tool for processing or analyzing text files)
▪ familiarity with Cmake and Gnu Make (gmake)
▪ familiarity with netCDF4, HDF5 data and EPS graphics formats
▪ relational database management system MySQL (Managing Big Data with MySQL by Duke University on Coursera. Certificate earned on February 17, 2017)
▪ UX Concepts (certified by Brainbench on August 30, 2017)
▪ MS Project 2013 (certified by Brainbench on August 30, 2017)
▪ Certified Tester ISTQB (certified on May 31, 2018)
▪ Data mining with WEKA (certified by the University of Waikato on November 24, 2018)
▪ history: I regularly take on-line courses on Coursera and evening courses at adult education center (VHS)
▪ long-distance running: finished 23 marathons
▪ translation: translated the book "I, Humanity" by Jeffrey Bennett into Russian and Ukrainian (publishing pending)
Driving licence B
▪ European Geosciences Union
▪ COSPAR( COMMITTEE ON SPACE RESEARCH)
▪ Heim-statt Tschernobyl e.V.
▪ Aktion Tier - Menschen für Tiere e.V. (animal protection society)
▪ Malteser Hilfsdienst
▪ Prof. Dr. Thomas Trautmann
Head of Department, Atmospheric Processors, Remote Sensing Technology Institute, German
Aerospace Center (DLR)
▪ Dr. Günter Lichtenberg
Leader of the Project "SCIAMACHY Engineering and Data Handling", Atmospheric Processors
Department, Remote Sensing Technology Institute, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.