ICT Senior Professional
Proven success leading engineering innovation for high-growth organisations
Senior professional ICT consultant with a strong track record of accomplishments in communications technology, programme and project management.
History of directing multiple projects to successful completion through effective management and team collaboration.
In-depth knowledge of developing and streamlining large, complex projects and using program and service Delivery life cycle approach.
Hands on experience in Telecom/ISP, IT, governance, and control for professional managed services, PMO, pre-sales, solution design and procurement management in IT and telecom domains.
Highlights of Expertise
• Support Change Management • Program Management Life Cycle • Organisational Development • Client/Market Need Analysis • Business & Risk Management • Innovation Management • IT Infrastructure & System Integr. • Continuous Process Improvement • Team Training & Development • Program/Project Management • Data Switching & Networking • Digital Transformation
ICT Knowledge and Consultancy (ICT K&C) Jul 2017 to Aug 2018 Founder ICT Knowledge and Consultancy services agency for the local and regional market. Services scope covers customer technical, organization and project/program management needs and Digital Transformation.
Licensed Innovation 360 Practitioner , January 2018 UAE IEEE Branch Seminar speaker ; “ Digital Innovation” , April 2018 Emirates Advanced Investments, Abu Dhabi
Jul 2009 to Jan 2017 Project and Program Manager Subject Matter Expert (May 2009 to Jan 2017) Project Manager UAE Armed Forces (AF) Central Logistics Platform Program (SAP) Designed and executed change management process accurately that saved the Armed Forces millions costs, also per diem cost controls including templates and transparent reimbursement process with appropriate channels of authority.
Revealed cost difficulties and non-transparency in staffing, travel payments, explosion in scope, and work procedures.
Efficiently decreased the cost with review of the ICT standard frameworks of the central ICT logistics platform program by using the cost-effective methods, as well as followed best practices by the AF. Project Management Consultant
• Developed a strategic high level UAE armed forces messaging communication system Tactical Data Link plan, and developed the other alternate roadmap scenarios programme.
• Set a high level plan long term plan for the prospective “UAE AF Digital Transformation” in a scenario engaging assuming project portfolio management evolvement in sync with current and future knowledge management
• Hold the monthly in-person meetings to discuss the travel expenses by organising and applying on alternative monthly teleconference solution with the local telecom operator
. • Streamlined ICT logistics business risks register for the performance review of the senior officer’s.
Satellite PMO Project Manager (Jul 2009 to May 2013) UAE Armed Forces MilSatCom Program (YahSat) Delivered the services for a complex, 6-year, $1.7 Billion MilSatCom Information and communications program/project, and ensured that used the most cost effective methods. Introduced and carried out all necessary satellite program management office processes and operations, recognised operation while consisting of several simultaneous and interdependent projects. Led the five CoE SMEs and one logistics expert, as well as promoted the programme/project management methodology throughout the SPMO. Effectively revised processes, roles, and responsibilities in the Project/Program and job descriptions. Originated and actively delivered the necessary Satellite Program Management Office IT infrastructure.
• Built strong working relationships with program stakeholders, “Turn Key Contractors” (EADS ASTRIUM, Thales), “Operations and Management” (Paradigm), YahSat and with the customer.
• Recognised the necessary corporate liaison with the “Centre of Excellence” Project Management Office by creating the needed reporting channel and man hours reporting.
• Significantly reduced scope creep approximately 15% by arranging and supervising management review process changes to retain control over change requests and the configuration baseline.
• Issued and distributed “program integration management, the program life cycle and relation to the project management Office” as part of the Knowledge transfer to the IPT.
• Hold the monthly in-person meetings to discuss the travel expenses by organising and applying on alternative monthly teleconference solution with the local telecom operator.
• Received an award “Certificate of Appreciation” from the UAE AF General Headquarters.
Smartworld, Dubai Director of Projects and Quality (Jul 2006 to Apr 2009) Aligned the strategies to enable the business to achieve multiple strategic projects and operational goals, and headed 18-person project team for PMO 2009 Strategy development/ implementation like Smartworld Services (hosted Unified Communication services) to small and medium business clients.
• Successfully managed access agreement consultancy project, and provided the best solution to implement Enterprise Payment Gateway services by Etisalat for a secure e-Payment platform.
Giesecke & Devrient Egypt, Cairo Information Technology Manager (Sep 2003 to Jan 2006)
Directed all the IT projects for the management of the IT infrastructure, security, services, operations, and budget compliance. Fabricated and instigated the Cairo Branch G&D IT Enterprise after IT security audit success, and expansion of the G&D IT network to include three additional offices in Egypt.
• Updated and improved the new processes with the Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) Corporate Security measures, also approved corporate headquarter IT security audit after some previous failures.
• Carried out the ICT control, agility, and flexibility to Egyptian branch by transferring Lotus email accounts from headquarters in Germany to Cairo.
Additional Experience Freelance Consultant (Oct 2002 to Sep 2003)
- Cairo Transmission Program Manager (Nov 1998 to Sep 2002)
- Vodafone Egypt, Cairo Systems Engineer (Jan 1996 to Jan 1997)
- MCI-WorldCom, USA
Education & Credentials
M. S. Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems University of Notre Dame, Indiana, U.S.A. B. S. Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Ain Shams University, Cairo Egypt Certifications / Training
• Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP), COBIT5 Foundation
• Training: The Project Management Office, Introduction GSM/SMS and Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM), Satellite Telecommunication Networks, Soft Skills in Pre-Sales Engineer, U.S.A. Languages • Arabic, English, and German (fluent, written and spoken)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.