Date of Birth : 02.03.1985
Nationality : United States of America
Marital Status : Single
Feb. 2017 – Present Senior Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions, Inc. Houston, Texas
• Analysis of optimal sensor/window placement on spacecraft in Near-rectilinear Halo Orbits in the Moon-Earth system using FreeFlyer.
• Agile development of Orbit Determination and Maneuver Calibration FreeFlyer mission plan scripts on the FreeFlyer Meridian Project (Telework for Goddard Space Flight Center). Generated test data and authored verifcation test plans for geosynchronous space mission.
• Prepared Orbit Determination feasibility analysis using single and multiple ground tracking data observation sources for a geostationary satellite performing station- keeping maneuvers.
• Leader of Collision Avoidance and Orbit Determination application development. Responsible for task assignment & management for six developers. Designed developer workfow to migrate software applications from MySll database to Oracle SLL database. Responsible for application architecture changes to support Oracle interface as well as software testability.
May 2015 – Feb. 2017 Technical Lead, Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions, Inc. Houston, Texas
• Leader of Collision Avoidance function, responsible for a team of up to five developers for two operational releases. Responsible for requirements authoring, developer task planning, developer workfow and software component verification testing.
• Software architect, developer, and task leader for several JSC flight dynamics software applications, including Trajectory Drag Fit Analyzer, Attitude Maneuver Rate Predictor, Vehicle Blockage Configuration Builder. Development in FreeFlyer script, Java, Oracle SLL, MySll.
• FreeFlyer scripting subject matter expert on JSC FDS FreeFlyer project.
Jul. 2013 – Apr. 2015 Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions, Inc. Houston, Texas
• Development of FreeFlyer mission plan scripts used to analyze risk of collision between ISS and space debris objects and determine effective debris avoidance maneuvers.
• Development of Trajectory & Attitude control Flight Controller console applications in C# and Java.
Apr. 2012 – Mar. 2013 Software Developer (student), Astronautics Dept., Technical University of Munich, Garching, Germany
• Lightweight Inter-satellite Antenna (LISA) Project: developed a software application in C# for testing an electronically pointed, phased-array antenna designed for Geosynchronous Satellites in a high frequency performance experiment. Performed analysis and optimization of LISA antenna control algorithm using MATLAB.
• Developer and tester for image capture, de-mosaic and compression for Munich On-Orbit Verifcation Experiment (MOVE) cube sat project. Launch 2014.
Oct. 2010 – Jun. 2011 Fulbright Grantee Researcher, Technical University of Munich, Garching, Germany
• Guest Researcher in On Orbit Servicing related activities in the Astronautics Department. Developed Heads-Up Display used in experiments involving human-in-the-loop manual spacecraft rendezvous and docking. Results of research activities published in Journal of Aerospace Information Systems.
Jun. 2010 – Aug. 2010 Software Test Engineer (Intern), Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Everett, Washington
• Developed user interface improvements to accelerate Environmental Control System controller software testing and certification.
• Conducted hot weather condition flight testing of 747-8F Environmental Control System.
May 2008 – Aug. 2009 Boeing Space Exploration, Houston, Texas Intern for combined 6 months during two summers.
• Environmental Control and Life Support Subsystem Engineer for Space Shuttle during missions STS-124 and STS-127.
• Tasks included learning function and operation of Space Shuttle life Support systems as well as data retrieval and preparation for preflight tag-ups and post mission reviews. Supported Space Shuttle Endeavor from MER Console on STS-127.
Sep. 2004 – Aug. 2007 Boeing Integrated Defense Systems, St. Louis, Missouri
• Four intern rotations (three month duration) in Jet Propulsion, Mechanical Substructure
Design, Airflow Systems Laboratory and Airframe Fatigue Tracking groups. Project highlights include migration of a Unix console program for flight profles to Windows, CAD design of airframe repair part, analysis of wind tunnel results, and airframe crack growth analysis.
Master of Science, Earth-Oriented Space Science and Technology (ESPACE) Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany, Apr. 2013
Bachelor of Science Cum Laude, Mechanical Engineering Minors : Computer Science, German Texas Tech University Honors College, Lubbock, Texas, Dec. 2009
Certifications / Training
STK Certification, Analytical Graphics Inc. Feb. 2019
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer Mar. 2017
Technical University of Delft (DelftX) Professional Leadership for Engineers Oct. 2016 NASA Johnson Space Center Orbital Debris Mitigation APPEL Short Course Jun. 2014
"Utility of Head-Up Displays for Teleoperated Rendezvous and Docking", Markus Wilde, Andreas Fleischner, and Sean C. Hannon. Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Vol. 11, No. 5 (2014), pp. 280-299.
“Evaluation of Head-Up Displays for teleoperated Rendezvous & Docking”, Markus Wilde, Sean C. Hannon, and Ulrich Walter. March 2012 IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, DOI: 10.1109/AERO.2012.6187302
Honors and Awards
a.i. solutions Mission Services Division Team Award, Meridian Build 2 delivery, 2018.
NASA Group Achievement Award – JSC FreeFlyer Flight Dynamics Software Project, 2017. NASA JSC Center Director’s Innovation Team Award, FreeFlyer Project Block 2, 2015.
a.i. solutions Spot Performance Bonus Award, JSC Collision Avoidance development team, 2014.
Fulbright Grantee, Lehrstuhl für Raumfahrttechnik – TU München, Germany 2010-2011.
Best Undergraduate Poster Award, North American Thermal Analysis Society (NATAS) conference, 2009.
Rick Husband Memorial Scholarship Recipient, Texas Tech Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, 2007-2009
Boeing Pride Award Recipient, 2004, 2006, 2009
English – Native Speaker
German – Professional Working Proficiency, Goethe-Zerti kat (C1) Jun. 2017
French, Spanish, Swedish, Greek – Elementary Proficiency (A1,2)
Volunteer at SystemsGo Launch Event Pad Crew Member
- Helped prep student-made liquid fueled rockets for launch at South Texas launch event in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and Willow City event in 2016.
Volunteer at various NASA-affliated activities at Johnson Space Center, including:
- Mentoring Teachers and Students as part of the Microgravity University for Educators (MgUE).
- MATE international ROV competition at Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL): student group escort.
- Mentoring with NASA interns via Intern lunchbox and speed networking event.
Ice/Inline Hockey (10+ years experience), Photography, Travel (visited 40+ countries), Language, Cycling
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.