An experienced, conscientious individual consistently demonstrating the ability to effectively react to all situations whilst remaining calm and collected at all times, showing total commitment to providing an outstanding level of professional service to all internal and external customers. Communicates well at all levels and makes a significant contribution to the efficiency of any company. Highly motivated professional who is both ambitious and confident and works well within a team and/or individually. Reliable and punctual individual adapting quickly to change and works effectively under pressure. Determined to develop professional skills further.
Spacecraft Operations Engineer. September 2015- April 2019
To ensure the effective implementation of satellite operations and to assure efficient deployment and continuous 24x7 operations of the Satellite Control Centre (SCC) and ground TT&C subsystem. Supervising the Spacecraft Controller (SC) or Senior Spacecraft Controller (SSC) as appropriate.
Lead the commanding team for nominal platform/payload operations and contingency operations, providing direction to and supervising the actions of the Spacecraft Controller or Senior Spacecraft Controller.
Ensure that all scheduled routine spacecraft and ground segment operations are carried out as per the approved schedule and timeline.
On the job training of the Emerati graduates and Spacecraft Controllers.
Check all manufacturer supplied procedures prior to execution, in accordance with approved processes and memos.
Perform initial assessment and escalation of non-nominal situations as defined in Yahsat approved policies and processes. Carry out any FDIR that is required.
Raise and track Observation Reports (ORs) to ensure that the operational documentation, files, databases, TT&C hardware are maintained in a safe and effective state.
Maintain close liaision with the on-duty/on-call Ground Engineering team and Software Support Team as required to ensure that the integrity and configuration of the ground segment and SCC hardware/software is maintained
Maintain close liaision with the Network Operations Centres for both military and commercial (MNOC and CNOC) as required, and maintain coordination with the payload operations to ensure operational configuration of TT&C assets are maintained.
Maintain close liaison with the Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SSOE), ensuring accurate and precise information is provided at all times, especially during anomalous situations.
Airbus Defence & Space (Skynet 5) Serco Contractor.
Senior Spacecraft Controller August 2007-August 2015
This role requires strong leadership with the responsibility of looking after the largest constellation of military satellites in Europe. Reacting quickly to any anomalous condition, often leading to prioritisation of tasks to maintain the health and safety of the spacecraft at all times. The constellation comprises of three ageing geo-synchronous Skynet 4 satellites, one NATO satellite and four geo-stationary Skynet 5 (E3000) satellites. I was part of the Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) Team for the Skynet 5D Launch in December 2012.
· Monitoring, controlling and maintaining the health and safety of the spacecraft and ground segment at all times.
· Ensuring all scheduled routine spacecraft and ground segment operations are carried out in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
· Engineering diagnostics and the instigation of solutions during anomalous situations, a designated spacecraft engineering SOE role in most control centres. Carry out any FDIR that is needed on the E3000 Spacecraft.
· Liaising with the Network Manager with regards to the Skynet 4 payload, Skynet 5 payload, NATO SHF payload and TT&C ground segment asset configuration.
· Collecting spacecraft ranging and tracking data for use during orbit determinations.
· Ensuring preparation and checking of all command sequences in accordance with the relevant operating procedures/task sheets/(EAOS) Enhanced Attitude Orbit Software print-outs and associated PPF/SAT files.
· Making sure the configuration and integrity of the control rooms, telecommand and telemetry paths are maintained.
· Ensuring the operational documentation, databases and software are maintained in a safe and effective state.
· Automating the Skynet 4 spacecraft software procedures. Producing the associated AND’s, Mimics and Plots to be used on the I4S Storm/JADE user interface.
· Training Co-ordinator for the shift running Simulations to make sure all Personnel are kept Current with their Spacecraft Operations.
European Space Agency (ESA). Based at the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC)
Contractor for Alcatel Space GmbH
Spacecraft Controller October 2001- June 2007
Monitored and remotely controlled the Cluster II’s Spacecraft. Prepared reports, analysed data and performed health checks of the equipment. Prepared and performed operations in accordance with established procedures and verified results. Periodically training (mandatory) of emergency cases with the simulator was carried out.
Each spacecraft carried an identical set of eleven instruments to measure the electric and magnetic fields and electron and ion distributions
· Accessing telemetry, confirming nominal spacecraft configuration as required by scheduled operations. Taking necessary actions in case of telecommand failure and out of limit parameter detection, in accordance with approved procedures.
· Performing satellite and control activities under strict procedural guidelines as written down in the Flight Control Procedures and Critical Recovery Procedures.
· Interfacing with relevant operators using pre-defined voice procedures (ground segment operators, computer operators and ground station operators).
· Performing all monitoring, routine and special operations as required by the engineers and analysts. Informing the on‑call engineer in case of spacecraft anomaly.
· Applying approved procedures and taking corrective action(s) in case of anomalies and requesting additional ground station support if necessary.
IT Recruitment Agent / Technical Manager February 2000-September 2001
On joining Eclipse ITR my main role was to source and contact candidates in order to assess their application dependant on the job specification that was being worked. Once the client had receipt of the particular candidates, the client would be contacted in order to discuss the candidates and their suitability for the role.
Business Post Derby: Warehouse Operative/Data-input clerk working during University September 1999 - January 2000
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Orbital ATK Al Yah 3 flight operations course.
Full knowledge of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
ESA SCOS 2000 Training.
Ops Exe Training for Skynet 5D LEOP.
Member of Paradigm Space Team awarded Royal Aeronautical Society Award.
Skynet 5B, 5C & 5D award for Launch, Early Operational Phase and Payload In Orbit Test phases.
Military Applications Of Space Symposium Award (MASS).
Government Security Clearance (SC).
University of Derby - September 1997 – July 1999
European Business Management: The course enabled me to work towards the achievement of my business qualification, specialising in areas such as marketing, human resource management, financial management and operations management. The course includes a European language and an exchange programme, which I did in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
· Managing Finance and Information
· Marketing Relations
· Operating Environment
· European Business
· French Intermediate
· Personnel Management
· Marketing Management
· Managing People
· German Intermediate
· Human Resource Management
· European Law
· Marketing Communications
Fachhochschule Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Exchange) - September 1998 - January 1999
Nottingham Trent University - September 1996 - July 1997
Maths Statistics and Operational Research (MSOR) foundation course
Abbotsholme Boarding School - September 1989 – July 1996
· English Literature
· Business Studies
· Information Technology
· Design & Technology
· Combined Science
· Design and Technology
· English: Mother Tongue
· German: Good
· French: Good
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Keen Formula One supporter. I enjoy going skiing and have done so from the age of 11, karting, jet skiing, football, swimming and travelling. Bronze/Silver Duke of Edinburgh awards. School tennis team captain.
Available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.