I have a large experience on Ground Segment for Space Industry, with more than 10 years working as system and AIV Technical Responsible on the Galileo ULS, the Spanish Earth Observation program (PNOT) and the Spanish Space Surveillance and Tracking program (S3T); since February 2018, I’m acting as Architecture and Requirements Engineer for Galileo 2nd Generation. I would emphasise my working aptitude either individually or in a team, my skills for analysis, solving problems and planning, as well as my orientation to results.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN SPACE PROGRAMS
Architecture and Requirements Engineer for Galileo 2nd Generation (2018-Present)
• Preparation of the Ground to Space IRD/ICDs, specifying the S-Band and C-Band interfaces in terms of TT&C modes, services capabilities, backwards compatibility, signal characteristics, etc.
• Development of the functional architecture for the Ground Segment and its external interfaces (e.g., SAR Return Link, Galileo System Time, Geodetic Reference, SATMAN, etc.) by allocation and break down of the system requirements, assessing and defining the segment functions, data exchanges and use cases; all the process supported by software tools for functional analysis.
• Definition of requirements for the Ground Segment (covering Unclassified and Classified aspects) and External IRD, based on the functional architecture activity outputs, maintaining the consistency and completeness of the requirements, and supported by software tools for requirements management.
• All the activities above include the coordination of System Architectural Workshops and evolution Engineering Board meetings, where interacting with ESA System and other teams (Performance and Security) for the review and refinement of the architecture and specification.
System Technical Responsible for the Spanish Space Surveillance and Tracking Program (S3T) (2015-2017)
• Acting as prime contractor of the S3T consortium, completed with other two Space Industry companies (GMV and Deimos), elaboration of the S3T System architecture, use cases and operational scenarios.
• Specification of the System v1, composed by sensors planning, data processing, cataloguing and generation of service products, handling both classified and unclassified information.
• Acting as interface with the S3T promoter (CDTI) and technical reviewer (ESA), leading the progress reviews and milestones, from the SRR to the system acceptance tests, operational validation and follow up of the anomalies closure.
AIV Responsible for the PAZ Flight Operations Segment (FOS) in the Spanish Earth Observation Program (PNOT) (2011-2014)
• Participation in the design and specification of Flight Operations Segment and Control Centre in compliance with the ECSS standards (FOS –FOCC), including Mission Planning, Flight Dynamics, Spacecraft M&C and Ground Segment M&C.
• Follow-up of the subcontractor implementing FOCC (GMV) along the program phases and milestones.
• As FOS AIV responsible, team coordination of the engineers preparing and carrying out integration and validation of the FOS Segment.
• Acting as prime contractor of the Ground Segment, participation in the system engineering activities and interfacing with the customer (INTA) and mission operator.
Technical Responsible of the Galileo Uplink Stations (ULS) (2007-2010)
• Specification, design and implementation of the ULS Element, based on the Ground Segment requirements, external interfaces, ICDs and other applicable specifications.
• Acting as interface with Ground Segment prime contractor (Thales France) and ESA, along the design (PDR and CDR), implementation and AIV (TRRs, witnessing of tests execution, review of results and test logs, TRB, etc.).
• Follow-up of ULS HW and SW subsystems development, performed by L2 and L3 subcontractors.
• Coordination of the engineers team in charge of the ULS factory integration, validation and acceptance.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN MOBILE NETWORKS
Access-Transport Network (A&T) Engineering Responsible of 3G mobile network (Xfera Mobiles 2000-2002, 2006)
• Definition of the A&T Network Architecture based on MW links, PDH, xDSL, Laser, SDH, ATM/IP, etc.
• As responsible for Engineering Central Group, coordination of the activities for the designated team (three engineers), as well as reporting to the A&T Manager.
• Contribution to RFQs for the selection of equipment and service providers, followed by the analysis of the proposals (technology, compliance, Business Plan, etc.) and participation in the negotiations with the tenderers, addressing process, SoW, acceptance, responsibility matrix, etc.
Mobile Applications Consultant (HI-Iberia 2003 - 2005).
• AIV Consultant for mobile based services: applications deployment, integration and testing.
• Project Planning in accordance with customer objectives and follow up of the SW developers.
Access Network Engineer and Coordinator. (Ericsson 1999).
• Access Network Design for several mobile network deployments, becoming A&T engineering coordinator.
• Interface with operators: Amena (>3000 Nodes), Meditel Morocco (>1000 Nodes), etc.
Freelancer. (1997- 1998)
• Works for local authorities in Santander (Spain): engineering and managing of small projects for the implementation of Private Mobile Radiocommunications Network of the Police and Waters Service.
Bachelor and Graduate in Telecommunications Engineering (Radiocommunication).
F.Y.D.P. Bachelor: Positioning in Urban environments with the GPS System.
F.Y.D.P. Graduate: RCS Calculation in Flat Plates with Finite Conductivity.
Bachelor in Psychology (three years coursed).
Postgrad in Information Technologies for Management and Automating. (UNED).
Automation Engineering: Business Models for Internet.
Software Applications Development: Visual Paradigm UML.
Industrial Processes Software. Processes Control, HW and SW Architecture, Real Time.
Project Planning: Development, Implementation and Application Control.
Complementary and Working Courses
Satellites World (UIMP).
Programmable Automation (University of Cantabria).
Prospects and Strategy (University of Cantabria).
Competitive and Managerial Excellence (University of Cantabria).
Internet: Connection, TCP/IP Protocols, Browsers, etc. (IFES).
Management Skills Development (DBS- Uniconsult).
Mobile Networks: GSM y UMTS: GSM System Survey, Network Planning, Transmission Network Design, Network Management, AXE 10, N° 7 Signalling, MSC/VLR BSC Operation, GPRS Survey. ATM Cell Switching, UMTS Core Network Overview, Introduction to 3G.
Languages: 68000 Assembler, Pascal, Fortran, C++, ISQL, R4GL.
Operative Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS.
Engineering Tools: TEMS Link Planner, Comsearch IQ-Link, Mapinfo.
Model Based System Engineering Tools: Capella.
Requirements management software tools: DOORS, CHANGE.
English: Listening/Reading/Spoken interaction & production/Writing: B2.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.