Analogue Hardware Designer
Aug '18 – present Collins Aerospace, Plymouth UK |
Position: Analogue Hardware Designer
Currently working on the design of the next generation tactical and navigation grade Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU): • Design and compensation of analogue/digital control loop • Design of low noise pick off amplifier for MEMS signal conditioning • Worst Case Analysis (WCA), Parts Stress Analysis (PSA) and SPICE simulation • CAD tool: Mentor Xpedition VX 2.4 (Designer & Layout)
Sept ’15 – July '18 Sept ‘14 – Sept ‘15 Thales-Alenia Space UK, Bristol UK |
Position: Analogue Hardware Designer ESA CryoCooler project:
• Design of Compressor Drive Module electronics (new design): board with analogue control loop and Class-D power drive • Design prototype (EBB, EM) and flight board schematics using Altium 15 and SPICE simulation (SIMetrix 8.2) • Current controlled loop stability compensation, WCA and PSA analysis • Debug PCB, test procedure writing and unit level integration support • Optimize design following Thermal and Shock analysis results • Develop design for ease of testing and manufacture, using only space qualified parts ESA SMILE mission (interface card EBB prototype): • Design of step-up converter with charge pump circuitry to generate sufficient gate drive voltage from a 3.3V supply (with FPGA loop control) • WCA, PSA ESA EarthCARE mission (ATLID instrument power supply board): • Control loop stability analysis to meet ESA phase margin requirements • Developed model to characterise the power dissipation of switching element Triteq- Hungerford, UK | Position: Hardware Designer • Worked on: Cortex M3 STM32 microcontroller embedded hardware • Short projects working to tight client deadlines • CAD software: Altium Designer
Sept‘12– Sept ‘14 Thales-Alenia Space - Milan, Italy |
Position: Hardware Designer
• Worked on satellite On Board Computer (COSMO-SkyMed, SMU-V2) • Design of S-RAM, EEPROM memory interface for processor and FPGA • Design of Analog to Digital Signal Chain with variable Gain and Offset• Schematic entry: Mentor DX Designer , Design Capture • Signal integrity and SPICE simulation: Hyperlynx, Orcad pSpice • Lab tools used: Oscilloscope, Logic State Analyzer, GDB, Grmon • Low level programming in C code for Aeroflex Gaisler Reference Avionics System Test bench under RTEMS , GCC toolchain • Design of MIL-STD-1553 and LVDS SpaceWire
May – Sept 2009 Apple Dynamics Ltd. Salford, Greater Manchester UK
Internship during the dissertation project
• Hardware Design of two wireless boards hosting a Microchip microcontroller and a 2.4 GHz transceiver. • Programming PIC Microcontroller in C code with MPLAB to develop a FHSS protocol
2009 – 2012 Politecnico di Milano - MSc in Electronic Systems Design - Result: 87% Courses focused on Analog & Digital Hardware Design.
Dissertation Project: “Improved Telemetry EBB” Design and test of a telemetry board prototype with Analog/Digital front end for FPGA signal processing
2008 – 2009 The University of Manchester - MSc in Communication Engineering Final Result: Distinction
Dissertation Project: “The Application of Low-Power Wireless Networks to Wide-Area Distributed Audio Systems”. Reference Lecturer: Mr. Peter Green. Worked extensively on the design of a robust wireless standard using FHSS able to withstand strong interferes in the same ISM band. Instrumentation used included: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer and other RF tools to perform tests.
2005 – 2008 Politecnico di Milano - MEng in Electronic Systems - Result: 87%
Dissertation Project: “Design and Production of FPGA programming board” Courses ranged from Microelectronics to Digital Systems design Additional Skills and Information
Nationality & DOB November 3rd 1985, Italian
Languages: Fluent English (TOEFL iBT 99), conversational Spanish, Italian (native)
CAD tools: Mentor Graphics Xpedition VX 2.4 (Mentor certified for Designer and Layout) , Altium 15, SIMetrix (8.2), LTSpice (17)
Personal Activities: WWOOF volunteer in Australia for 5 months in Queensland, Australia (April – August 2008). AFS Student in the USA (2002-2003 Winterport, Maine).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.