I am a tenacious, passionate, and ambitious engineer with a desire to advance the boundaries of human knowledge and exploration through technical contributions to the aerospace and defense industries. I focus on developing interpersonal skills as well as technical skills to succeed in working environments ever more dependent on multidisciplinary communication.
Willing to relocate.
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY - May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Finger Lakes Community College
Canandaigua, NY May 2015
Associate of Science in Engineering Science
Syracuse, NY July 2018 – Present
Digital/Computer Engineer - Electronic Warfare Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Design next-generation, custom high-speed circuits for electronic warfare digital signal processing using the latest high-end computing element technologies available.
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations to ensure that a proper electronic design is implemented.
- Create Python scripts to automate electronic rule checks and enforce symbol standardizations within schematics
- Automate firmware verification using a Python-based open source HDL unit testing framework.
- Lead for intern recruiting. Interview candidates technically and socially to determine if they’re an appropriate fit.
Paradigm of NY, LLC
Rochester, NY May 2017 – May 2018
Hardware Design Engineer, Embedded Developer
- Designed embedded software and implemented a closed-loop control algorithm in C++ to modify the behavior of a 30kV power supply that powered a proprietary plasma reactor.
- Designed, assembled, and tested multiple automotive-grade custom PCBs to electrically interface the embedded controller to a vehicle’s engine control module and the reactor power supply.
L3 Global Communications Solutions
Victor, NY May 2016 – December 2016
Electrical Engineering Co-op
- Characterized the behavior of new military-grade PCBs using oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and signal generators.
- Inspect electrical design misbehaviors to find the root cause and come up with potential solutions.
- Designed, assembled, and implemented prototype circuits to test design re-work solutions.
- Performed detailed component-level analysis of electrical systems to predict system thermal behaviors.
RIT Space Exploration (RIT SPEX)
Rochester, NY September 2016 – Present
- Lead students engaged in university space competition projects as a mentor and advisor.
- Participate in design reviews as a subject-matter expert to provide students with technical guidance.
- Design flexible electrical platforms to provide to students for use in future scientific research.
Project Leader - IREC 2018
- Led a team of 10+ students to compete in the Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition by designing, manufacturing, and launching a 3U scientific payload from a rocket at 10,000 feet.
- Ensured system met and exceeded factor of safety requirements with redundancies for almost every subsystem.
- Sole designer for power, electrical, and communications subsystems within the scientific payload.
- Wrote and submitted a grant proposal to win $1,000 worth of project funding.
Hardware - Not limited to examples below.
Microcontrollers (TI MSP-430), FPGA (Xilinx UltraScale+), Processors (NXP QorIQ), Digital Signal Processors (TI Keystone II), Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Function Generator, Programmable Power Supply, Electronic Load, Digital Multimeter, SMT & Through-Hole Soldering Equipment, 3-D Printing.
Languages & Software
Python, C, C++, Assembly, Java, MATLAB, VHDL, Verilog, LTSpice, Altium Designer, Concord Pro, KiCAD, PADS Designer, Eagle, Code Composer Studio, Aldec Riviera Pro, Xilinx Vivado HLS, Quartus Prime, Autodesk Inventor, LaTeX, git, SVN, Linux command line, AstroImageJ, Microsoft Office.
Detailed Project Descriptions
Scientific Payload Battery Management System - 2020 Independent/RIT Space Exploration Team Present
I am currently working on a cubesat form-factor avionics stackup with the RIT Space Exploration Team for the upcoming 2020 rocket engineering competition. While leading and mentoring the students through the high-level system architecture, I have begun independently designing Lithium-Ion battery monitoring, active balancing, and charging circuitry so that the payload’s power source can be managed safely and charged from an externally-connected tether. The circuitry features protection from cell overvoltage, cell undervoltage, reverse-polarity, over-temperature, and over-current (during both charging and discharging). The monitoring and control of the battery pack is done from an ultra low-power Texas Instruments MSP430 that, when enabled, sends a constant stream of pack and power system information that can be transmitted wirelessly to the base station by the main processing and RF-transceiver boards during the mission.
Scientific Payload Avionics - 2018 RIT Space Exploration Team August 2017 – June 2018
The Hyperion scientific payload is an 8.8-pound 10x10x30cm cuboid built from an aluminum frame with RF-transparent garolite walls to enable communications through the payload’s body. I designed and built the custom circuit board that was responsible for power management, sensor data collection/storage, location acquisition, telemetry to a ground station, and the critical charge activation for deployment of the parachute once the payload had been ejected from the rocket at the ~10,000-foot apogee. Multiple forms of redundancy were factored in for each aspect of the design and the mission performed nominally at the 2018 Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition.
High-Altitude Balloon Instrumentation Platform RIT Multidisciplinary Senior Design August 2017 – May 2018
The High-Altitude Balloon Instrumentation Platform is a robust scientific platform for collecting and analyzing data from near-space experiments conducted ~100,000 feet. This system includes a reaction wheel for z-axis stabilization, multiple cameras and a software-defined radio for live video transmission, various computing elements to handle the wide array of tasks, and multiple on and off-board sensors. I designed and built the host board, the inertial sense board, and programmed the MSP-430 microcontroller to handle communication routing throughout the system.
High-Altitude Balloon IV RIT Space Exploration Team May 2018
Although not an original member of this project team, I stepped in with only a couple weeks before the launch mission to design last-minute power distribution circuitry, payload interface circuitry, and update the embedded software to behave correctly for this mission. After pulling an all-nighter only hours before the scheduled launch to resolder broken SMT components and fix bugs in the embedded software, the HAB4 platform succeeded in the mission objectives of deploying a mock 1U cubesat, gathering data, and being recovered.
Call Incoming Alert LED Spinner Independent January 2017
I reverse-engineered a DIY spherical rotating LED kit and included IR remote. Using an IR receiver and a Raspberry Pi single board computer, I recorded the IR signals from the remote to then spoof by using the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO to modulate the spoofed signal using an IR LED. I altered the LED spinner board’s microcontroller firmware to upload custom images to display and then used the Tasker Android app to send SSH commands to the Raspberry Pi whenever a call was incoming. Based on the argument passed when the script was called, the Pi would send a specific IR signal to display one of a select few pre-programmed images for caller ID on the spinner. Video in Action.
Syracuse Museum of Science & Technology November 2018 – Present
I am a member of the event planning committee and a consultant for the rocketry, robotics, and computer engineering events. During the events, I act in a volunteer capacity and have also served as a skills judge for the VEX robotics competition. I was awarded volunteer of the year award for 2019.
SRC CCAMP September 2018 – Present
Semimonthly, I tutor two 6th-grade students through SRC’s Corporate Campus Academic Mentoring Program (CCAMP). This includes homework help and then a STEM-related activity to encourage the students to pursue math and science.
Cheshire Volunteer Fire Department August 2011 – August 2015
During my time at the CVFD, I responded to fire, accident, and medical emergencies as a firefighter and EMT-Basic. I also participated in community and youth safety training seminars to educate the public on the importance of fire safety. During a state-wide emergency in 2013, I engaged in a 2-day deployment to Herkimer county to aid flood victims.
Licenses & Certifications
PADI SCUBA Open-Water Diver, AARL HAM Radio Technician, NYS Interior Firefighter, SEL Private Pilot (In Progress)
References Available Upon Request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.