BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE USA and INTERNATIONAL
Telecommunications business development and sales professional with a history of creating unique business solutions by matching customer needs to key corporate capabilities. Drives internal and external processes to achieve market acceptance of products and services
• Twenty-five years Domestic and International Business Development for End-to-End Solution Sales for both start-up and established telecommunications companies. Deep understanding of individual country business and non-business cultures
• Sales Solutions Engineering and Management
• Subject matter expert for advanced technology products:
o GEO, MEO, and LEO Systems and Networks including Satellites, Ground Systems, VSATs, and Communications Products and Services
o GSM, GPRS, CDMA, 3G, 4G/LTE, WiFi, and Microwave Technologies and Networks
o M2M, IoT Solutions Sales
Director of Satellite Business, Carnegie Technologies, Austin, Tx Apr, 2017 - Present
Carnegie Technologies is a wireless technology start-up developing unique technology for future products and services
• Responsible for Carnegie Business Unit profit and loss, all personnel reports, and Strategic Business Development
• Leading development of all new satellite operator partnerships, channel partners and markets
• Chief Satellite Market and Subject Matter Expert
• Restructured Product Roadmap to meet market needs with end-2019 launch and forecasted Sales of $20M thru 2021
GM of Asia-Pacific/Dir. Of Data Services, Globalstar, Inc, Singapore Feb, 2015 – Mar, 2017
Globalstar is a $1B Market Cap provider of Mobile Satellite Services and Emergency Response Mobile Phones and Devices
• Responsible for Profit and Loss for new Asia Pacific office leading to growth from less than $25K/qtr to over $250K/qtr in less than one year.
• Grew VAR and Distributor network from less than five partners to over thirty in less than one year. Established Globalstar-Japan Joint Venture and obtained Telecom Business License for Singapore APAC Customer Service and Logistics hub. Hired in-country Sales consultants.
• Managed regulatory applications and infrastructure deployments. Received Type Approvals in Three Countries
• Managed World-Wide Data Services Sales Team and Partner Network for M2M and IoT product line
Director, Sales–International, Comtech Systems, Orlando, FL July, 2010 – Aug, 2014 “
CSI” is an $80M subsidiary of Comtech focused on telecommunications networks system integration using troposcatter
• Generated funnel of almost $80M from previously untapped military and commercial markets in Asia
• Sales and account management for Asia resulting in revenues of nearly $10M
• Managed large RFP/RFI responses for satellite and wireline technology solutions and services resulting in sales of over $30M
Principal, Pacific Telecom Consultants, Goleta, CA July 2009 – July, 2010
• Product Engineering and Management consultant for Asian and Western companies entering new TELECOM and SATCOM markets by evaluating market needs and company products match to those needs.
• Developed over $5M in new market Sales Channels for Forsk-Asia Mobile Network RF Planning and Optimization Software Tools
• Authored and presented Next Generation Network Seminar for Globecomm Systems at ITU Caribbean event
Director Business Development–International, Globecomm Sys., Hauppauge, NY Feb, 2007 – July, 2009 “
GSI” is a $400M systems integrator of networks typically incorporating satellite communications
• Developed product and services solutions combining wireless, satellite, broadcast, IPTV, and Mobile TV technologies resulting in $10M in revenues in new markets.
• Managed proposal efforts, technical solution and equipment selection generating more than $8M in revenue
• Generated sales and marketing material, white papers, company presentations, and spoke at industry events.
Director|Technical Marketing|Product Management|Applications Engineering Superconductor Technologies, Inc, Santa Barbara, CA 2001 – Feb, 2007 “
STI” was a $40M mobile network infrastructure after-market RF enhancement company
• Managed Product Development group and increased product line revenues from $4M/yr to $10M/yr through intensive vendor searches and negotiation, evaluation of market needs via customer surveys, development of requirements, and marketing campaigns.
• Selected and qualified Chinese manufacturer for product line reducing costs by more than $20M over four years and ensuring product line survival. Led introduction of products into the China market.
• Generated company cost/benefit studies, ROI models, and technology presentations
• Managed Global Sales Engineering group supporting sales to domestic carriers (Alltel, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T). Mentored leading Sales Engineer for promotion to management position when I transitioned to Sales.
Director, Enterprise Solutions Marketing, Globecomm Systems, Inc., Hauppauge, NY 1999-2001
• Created new Disaster Recovery over Satellite Services Unit. Led IBM and GE Partners in Business Case, market development, and Go-To-Market Planning and Execution
• Managed Call Center Disaster Recovery Service solution development and managed first services offered by the company. Still active and generated more than $50M in revenues to this point.
• Led the successful patent team for the Disaster Recovery IP over VSAT-based solution. This was one of the first deployments of a Cisco VoIP service.
Advanced Systems Engineering Manager, L3 Communications, Hauppauge, NY 1997-1999 “
L3 Satellite Transmission Systems” is a $400M systems integrator of networks incorporating satellite communications
• Led the Sales Engineering team supporting both domestic and international sales generating more than $50M in related revenue over two years.
Product Development/Tech Sales Manager, GeoPhone Company (spin-off of Glynn Scientific) 1995-1997
GeoPhone was a new spread spectrum satellite VSAT technology start-up (Spin off of below Glynn Scientific, Inc)
• Managed Technical Sales Support team for this private $1M/yr and 15 employee VSAT start-up. Efforts resulted in private investor funding of the company for over 5 years.
Program Manager, Glynn Scientific, Inc., Annapolis, MD 1988-1995
Systems Engineer, Amecom Division, Litton Industries, College Park, MD 1985-1988
Systems Analysis Engineer, Defense Suppression Div., Texas Instruments, Lewisville, TX 1981-1985
ASSOCIATIONS, DEVELOPMENT, & EDUCATION EDUCATION
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI , 1980
Microsoft Office, CRM, Google Earth, Various Fleet and Personnel Logistics Analytics Software
Articles. US, Global, and Asia TELECOM industry event speaker
OTHER LANGUAGES: Chinese - Basic Conversational Mandarin
EXPERTISE • Sales and Business Development • Managing Engineering and Sales Groups • Services and Equipment Solutions Sales • Managing Sales Support Groups • Product Management • Planning Network Deployments • Market Research and Analysis • Qualification of Manufacturers • Design of Complex Network Solutions • Speaking at Industry Events • Acquiring New Sales Channels • Strategic and Tactical Planning • 4G, GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi Subject Matter Expert • M2M and IoT Subject Matter Expert • Satellite Constellation and Ground Segment Expert • Product Engineering
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.