6+ years of experience predominantly in the field of Spacecraft Flight dynamics and GNC, primarily focused towards Interplanetary trajectory design/optimization and Planetary Entry, Descent and Landing (EDL). Designed and developed Lunar Descent GNC systems for TeamIndus, one of the top five finalist in the Google Lunar X-Prize competition.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
• Mission Design and Analysis
• Trajectory Optimization
• GNC for Entry, Descent and Landing
• Modelling and Simulation
• Attitude Dynamics and Control
• Computer Programming and Cloud Computing
• Systems Engineering
Senior GNC Engineer Bengaluru, India
TeamIndus — Axiom Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. May. 2018 - Present
• GNC Lead – for Z02 class landers (3300 kg – 6500 kg s/c mass), which aims at pin- point landing (less than 200 m landing dispersion) on the lunar surface, responsibilities included:
1. System level requirement identification
2. Net thrust and Attitude control requirement studies for the Z02 lander
3. Sensor selection recommendations for the precision landing mission requirements
4. Engine selection and placement recommendations
5. Design and development for GNC systems and architecture for Z02 class landers
Preliminary Design review and documentation
• GNC point of contact, involved in development of the Processor-In-Loop simulations (PILs) and worked on PILs for the TeamIndus Z01 lander using the real-time simulator and the On-Board Computer (OBC).
• Involved in verification and validation of flight software - GNC algorithm implementation through:
1. Unit tests for all GNC algorithms
2. Integrated mode wise test for the each phase of the mission
• Processor-in-Loop tests for real-time simulations
• Worked on GNC related Flight Control Procedures definitions and Mission Operations, Telecommand definitions, Telemetry and display requirements during Mission rehearsals with Processor-in Loop system.
• Terrain analysis for landing site selection using LROC NAC DTM to find hazard-free location for landing safety and rover traversability.
• Technical proposals writer for the NASA CLPS task order.
Technical Lead — Lunar Gateway Logistics Services Program Bengaluru, India
TeamIndus — Axiom Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. Oct. 2019 - Oct. 2019
• Member of the proposal writing team for NASA’s Lunar Gateway Logistics program and Tech Lead for the development of the Orbital Transfer Vehicle (OTV), which aims to transport the Logistics Module from GTO to the Lunar Gateway at the NRHO.
Technical Lead — OnRamp Program Bengaluru, India
TeamIndus — Axiom Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. Aug. 2019 - Oct. 2019
• The Launch 5000kg (L5K) Onramp program aims to design and deliver lunar landers capable of delivering NASA’s 350 kg – 1000 kg of payload to the lunar surface. This role includes the complete systems engineering responsibilities and system design for the 350 -1000 kg payload delivery lunar south-pole lander. The responsibilities include are:
1. Identification of high-level mission and system requirements
2. System design and Configuration for the L5K lander
3. Schedule planning and execution
4. Conduct preliminary design review and documentation
• Proposal writing for NASA CLPS – Onramp program
GNC Engineer Bengaluru, India
TeamIndus — Axiom Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. May. 2014 - May. 2018
• Design of fuel optimal guidance strategy for Lunar Descent Phases using non-linear solvers like DIDO - ELISSAR GLOBAL and DYNOPT.
• Actively involved in the GNC on-Board algorithm development for the Lunar Descent and part of the team which designed the Descent Controller.
• Research and Development – in modeling the spacecraft dynamics, attitude kinematics, tank liquid slosh model, disturbance torque model and the gravity model.
• Designed and modelled flight sensor like IMU, Star Tracker, Sun sensor and Laser altimeter.
• Designed and modelled flight actuators, especially high-fidelity thrust dynamics modelling for the spacecraft thrusters.
• Played the role of Chief Simulation Architect in development of the Lunar Descent Simulator for the TeamIndus Lander Z01 (630 kg).
• Generated Simulink based hardware targeted code generation for Linux systems (for AWS) and real-time spacecraft simulation systems.
• Conducted large scale Monte Carlo runs using cloud services (like AWS) for the determination of the boundary conditions for all the phase of the descent maneuver, evaluation of the landing site dispersion ellipse and to test the robustness of the descent controller for a large set of initial conditions and failure scenarios.
• Propellant budget manager for the GNC department and point of contact for the system data exchange.
Intern — Mission Design Bengaluru, India
TeamIndus — Axiom Research Labs Pvt. Ltd. Aug. 2013 - May. 2014
• Design and Optimization of launch parameters to achieve hyberbolic lunar trajectory using Systems Tool Kit (STK) and General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT).
• Maneuver planning for Lunar orbit insertion and Lunar orbit lowering maneuver to arrive at the optimal entry conditions for the Lunar Descent.
• Mid-Course correction maneuver planning and MC simulation for the worst-case fuel consumption budget.
• Estimation of 3 sigma orbit injection error tolerance and Launch Window Analysis.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Technology in Aerospace Engineering July. 2010 - June. 2014
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Grade: 1st Class
Modules: Space Dynamics, Astrophysics, Guidance, Navigation and Controls, Aerodynamics, Advanced Propulsion Systems, Instrumentation and Controls, Aircraft Stability and Controls and Aircraft Performance.
• In plant Training (6 Days), Taneja Aerospace and Aviation Limited
• Flight Training Program (10 Days), IIT-KANPUR
• Attended a State level (2 Days) workshop on “Flight Operations”, Karunya University
• Attended workshop on “Aero-modelling”, Karunya University
• Optimization of launch parameters to achieve hyperbolic lunar trajectory.
• Aircraft design project — Design of private jet.
• Mission Analysis: Systems Tool Kit (STK), General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT), Orbit Determination Tool Kit (ODTK)
• Numerical Computing Tools: MATLAB, Simulink, Octave, wxMaxima
• Non-Linear Solvers: ELISSAR Global DIDO, DYNOPT
• Programming Languages: C, C++, Python, shell scripting
• Image Processing Tools: OpenCV, Geo-spatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL)
• CAD Modeling: SolidWorks, AutoCAD
• Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, MacOSX
COURSES AND CERTIFICATION
• Systems Tool Kit (STK) certified — Grand Master Level, AGI (Analytical Graphics, Inc.)
• Orbit Determination Tool Kit (ODTK) certification, AGI (Analytical Graphics, Inc.)
• Kinematics: Describing the Motions of Spacecraft by University of Colorado Boulder, Coursera
• Certification on “Control System Design with Matlab and Simulink” conducted by MathWorks
• Certification on “Fundamentals of Code Generation for Embedded Applications” conducted by MathWorks
• Certification on “Stateflow for Logic Driven System Modelling” conducted by MathWorks
• Certification in C / C++, JAVA, J2EE, SSI — VELLORE
• Won “First Place on Mathematical modelling” from Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for successfully demonstrating an experiment using Parallax method to find the diameter of the Sun.
• Received “Achiever Award” from Jayam Youth Society for Science and Arts.
• Vishesh Vatsal, C. Barath, J. Yogeshwaran, Deepana Gandhi, Chhavilata Sahu, Karthic Balasubramanian, Shyam Mohan, Midhun S. Menon, P. Natarajan, and Vivek Raghavan, ”Overview of Guidance, Navigation and Control System of the TeamIndus lunar lander”, arXiv e-prints, page arXiv:1907.10955, July 2019
• Barath Charles, Vishesh Vatsal, Kiran S Pazhayattinkal, Alnawaz Khan A, Rakeshh Mohanarangan, P. Natarajan, M. Jayaraman, ”Optimum Engine Configuration for Scientific Payload Delivery Lunar Landers”, paper accepted for National Conference on Multidisciplinary Design, Analysis, and Optimization, 2020
• Shyam Mohan, Yogeshwaran Jayaraman, Vishesh Vatsal, Midhun Sreekumar Menon, Barath Charles, Deepana Gandhi, Vivek Raghavan and Natarajan Palaniswamy, “Terminal Descent Guidance Navigation and Control Design for a Lunar Lander”, paper accepted for National Conference on Multidisciplinary Design, Analysis, and Optimization, 2020
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.