Nine years in materials, processes, structures, design, analysis, testing, qualification, and Additive Manufacturing (AM) within the aerospace industry.
Managing application- specific AM R&D projects including a €1.8m multi-material AM development for aircraft and spacecraft.
Dual UK and Irish passport holder
Airbus Central Research and Technology, Bristol, UK Jan 2018 to present
Additive Manufacturing (AM) Research Scientist
• Coordinating global €1.8m multi-metal AM development: planning, partner identification and selection, materials and processes research, CATIA design, and CTE mismatch stress analysis
• Technical advisor for high strength steel AM development
• AM production control system implementation, facility management, and process improvement
• Polymer AM research: Materials development, project management, operation of AM machines
• Invention disclosures, proposal and progression of TRL1 research
Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage, UK Sep 2012 to Dec 2017
Structures Design Engineer
• Numerous material and process developments: metallics, ceramics, composites, polymerics, forming, bonding, and dissimilar metal joining
• Managed a two year €275k ESA project on verification of AM processes with Thales Alénia Space, Ariane Group, Volum-e, LAAM, and 3D systems
• €250k project for AM of propellant tanks, pushed ahead of schedule
• Planned and managed AM process qualification within multi-disciplinary team and authored all documentation for production of space hardware
• Design, analysis, and test of spacecraft assemblies and parts for multiple platforms including critical shock attenuation system for LISA Pathfinder
• Bids to ESA for major projects PLATO and eDeorbit
Airbus, Bristol, UK Sep 2009 to Sep 2010
Stress Engineer Internship
• A350 carbon fibre wing stress analysis with NASTRAN/PATRAN and strain gauge mapping for major wing tests
• Carbon fibre fire testing
Cranfield University, Bedfordshire UK Sep 2011 to Sep 2012
MSc Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems
• Thesis: Reverse engineering product: SEM, coatings, metallography
• Honour: €9000 Cranfield grant for future contribution to manufacturing
University of the West of England, Bristol UK Sep 2007 to Jul 2011
BEng Aerospace Systems Engineering - First Class Hons
• Thesis: Novel CFRP NDI: Experiments, MATLAB, thermography, ultrasonics
• Honour: €7000 Airbus grant for future contribution to the aerospace industry
• Autodesk Fusion 360
• French – basic
• Spanish – basic
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.