Versatile Aerospace Engineer with hands-on experience in team management and contract negotiation. In-depth knowledge in space systems engineering and spacecraft subsystems, structural analysis, and astrodynamics, with great ability for running simultaneous projects and always aiming to deliver better than expected results.
As Contract Manager for Airbus DS, led negotiation and signed agreement with French Air Force and Direction Générale de l’Armement for a Proof of Concept of Digital Services in its A400M fleet. Started negotiations with German Air Force and Royal Air Force’s AirTanker. Fluent in English and Spanish, intermediate French. Willing to relocate.
Contract Manager Military Aircraft Services – Airbus Defence and Space Madrid (Spain), May 2018 – July 2019
• Developed and executed contracts with military customers within the scope of Services for Light and Medium Aircraft (C-212, CN-235, C-295), A400M, C-101 and A330 MRTT. Processed inputs from Sales, Finance, Programmes, Materials, Procurement, Strategy, Marketing and Business Development. Drafted and negotiated first military aircraft leasing contract.
• Took responsibility of new business line Digital Services with programs such as SmartForce, a tool for optimising fleet utilisation, predictive maintenance and flight analytics that used big data, machine learning and blockchain technologies. Eventually got an agreement with DGA, FAF and AirTanker for a POC development.
• Improved the process for campaign status reporting between the team and the remote manager, making use of Visual Management and Lean methodologies, such as Scrum. Improved communication within the team.
Operations Department Manager – Crocodile Catering Aviation Ibiza (Spain), June 2017 – September 2017
• Managed orders and communications with high-end private aviation customers, in an environment where urgent requests and last-minute changes were common. Built new order tracking system to improve planning.
• Coordinated kitchen and drivers, adjusting schedules in order to increase efficiency by processing multiple orders simultaneously.
Quality Department Intern – AIRIA Ingeniería y Servicios Madrid (Spain), April 2017 – June 2017
• Analysed and reported Madrid Airport distribution, identifying issues to be addressed for improving passenger experience.
Flight Dispatcher – Iberia Handling Ibiza (Spain), June 2015 – September 2015
• Coordinated ground operations (refuelling, loading, boarding), minimising turnaround time to comply with tight flight schedules.
MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering – Cranfield University (CU) Cranfield (UK), October 2019 – September 2020
• Modules: Astrodynamics and Mission Analysis, Space Systems Engineering, Space Propulsion, Space Communications, Aerospace Navigation and Sensors, Advanced Astrodynamics and Trajectory Design, Space Environment, Launch Vehicles.
• Group Project: Project manager and systems engineer for a group project. Design of a mission for active space debris removal within ESA’s Space Safety Programme, with a budget of €100m. Led the 16-student team, defining requirements and managing tasks, schedule, and relationships with industry.
• Final Project: Analysis of Fusion-based Nuclear Propulsion Systems for Crewed Interplanetary Space Missions.
Masters in Decision Making and Innovation – Alcalá de Henares University (UAH) Madrid (Spain), July 2018 – March 2019
• Modules: Project Management, Leading people and Teams, Strategy, Law and Ethics, Productivity, Human Resources.
• Final Project: Making Solar Energy Economical. Analysis of the main obstacles and available developments for reducing solar energy cost. Preliminary definition of a power plant combining electrolysis, solar arrays, and water storage for sustained generation.
BSc Aerospace Engineering – Technical University of Madrid (UPM) Madrid (Spain), September 2014 – June 2018
• Modules: Fluid Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Calculus and Optimisation, Flight Mechanics, Advanced Materials, Structural Analysis, Orbital Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Finite Element Analysis.
• Final Project: Finite Element Application to Failure Analysis in Composite Materials. Exploration of techniques for FEA of composites using glued contacts, focused on specific failure modes using Nastran and Patran. A+.
SKILLS, INTERESTS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
Languages: Fluent English, Spanish and Catalan. Conversational French (B2).
Skills: Teamwork, Leadership, Sales, Business Knowledge, Customer Relationships, Project Management, Innovation Strategy, New Markets, Concurrent Engineering, Requirement Management, Risk Assessment, Cost Modelling.
IT Skills: Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel (VBA) and PowerPoint, Nastran and Patran, Matlab, Simulink, Fortran and Python. Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Catia V5 and STK.
Projects: Member of CranSEDS, Cranfield division of Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, involved in rocket design competitions (Spaceport America Cup Rocket Competition and National Rocketry Championship).
Training: Ladybird Guide to Spacecraft Communications (European Space Agency), Campaign Management in Marketing and Sales (Shipley Limited), Aerospace Structures and Materials (Delft University of Technology – online), Hypersonics: From Shock Waves to Scramjets (University of Queensland – online), Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan – online).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.