Highly motivated and driven Systems Engineer with over ten years’ experience in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility and scope within the Aerospace, and Defense industries. Dedicated contributor to many project milestones of a system’s development life-cycle consisting of requirement development, test lab design, system requirement verification, as well as modelling and simulation. Skilled with coordinating numerous stakeholders in achieving project objectives through an emphasis on continuous communication and collaboration.
Proven track record of exceeding expectations and improving processes. Eager to learn, and to pursue knowledge within the modelling/simulation, and embedded systems domains.
Systems Engineer – Honeywell Aerospace (through Aviya Aerospace Systems)
January 2018 – present
• Adhering to ARP4745 to develop Environmental Control System (ECS) real-time embedded software for the Advanced Jet Trainer program in Taiwan.
- Small team with aggressive program schedule and frequently changing scope/specifications
• Developing DOORS based Software specifications based on system requirements and customer specification documents.
• Performing traceability analysis between customer specification, System Requirements, and Software Requirements.
• Team Lead for test bench/rig schematic design and hardware/software model integration for both Rapid Prototyping System (RPS) and Controller in the loop testing.
• Conducting requirement verification by authoring Open Loop test procedures and LAWS test scripts.
• Planning test bench activities based on software feature changes and changing project schedule.
• Coordinating/conducting system rig Closed Loop and component characterization (step/ramp/frequency response) testing.
• Managing systems test findings process by raising Test Findings and Test Problem Reports, investigating root causes, proposing/verifying solutions.
• Managing configuration of test hardware and software on test bench and test rig.
• Maintaining Simulink rig test models to reflect latest system functionality changes.
• Developing/reviewing External Interface Control Document and Inter-connect Wiring Diagram for the ECS Controller.
• Providing customer support on Flight Data Recorder (FDR) integration, SW downloading and ground test support at customer site.
Subject Matter Expert/ Instructor – Ryerson University Chang School of CE
January 2018 – present
• Instructor for CKRE130 – Embedded Systems Hardware Architecture and Implementation course.
• Co-authoring course notes and labs for CSCI405 - Robotic Manipulator Control course.
• Developed VB based simulator for Forward and Inverse kinematics calculations to be used by students.
• Built Forward and Inverse kinematics library in C to be used by students to program onto controller.
• Utilizing professional and academic experience to present complex material for a CE audience.
• Emphasizing “hands-on” approach to solidify presented theory through labs that build towards a final project.
• Characterizing Pedsco remotely operated vehicle (used by various Emergency Services) for simulation and control improvement purposes.
Project Engineer - Bombardier Aerospace
January 2017 – January 2018
• Assisted with management of production team in reworking and installing wiring harnesses on Global 7000 Flight Test Vehicles at Final Assembly Line.
• Managed and maintained configuration database of wiring harness reworks.
• Liaisoned between Engineering and Production regarding technical solutions to harness reworks and aircraft access.
• Forecasted work schedules based on program milestones and aircraft close-out timelines.
• Tracking KPI metrics and providing daily status updates to management/team regarding work done and milestones met.
• Introducing automation in KPI metric generation through Visual Basic.
Modeling and Simulations Engineer - General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada
November 2015 – January 2017
• Supported new company research and development initiatives through simulation and analysis work.
• Conducted vehicle dynamic simulations and result analysis in MSC ADAMS 2012.
• Investigated performance issues and provided solutions for a profile driven vehicle simulation model in Simulink.
• Derived and built (in Matlab/Simulink) a first principles plant model of limited-slip Differential and Driveline system.
• Formulated and evaluated torque bias during straight line driving and cornering scenarios.
• Led effort to design a scaled tested bench to validate derived Differential and Driveline model.
- integrating automotive controller (MotoHawk - MPC555 based) with COTS hardware and CAN- J1939 simulator
Software Analyst - Thales Canada
March 2015 - September 2015
• Integration testing of embedded Vehicle Central Controller (VCC) software governing subway operations.
• Created test cases to ensure coverage of software and system requirements.
• Developed test scripts (in VB) to automate previously manual guideway data testing.
• Analyzed test results to verify compliance with test plan criteria.
Systems Engineer - Honeywell Aerospace (through Aversan)
September 2012 – March 2015
• System level development and controller performance testing of Airbus A350-XB Supplemental Cooling System (SCS) controller software designed and built by Honeywell.
• Generated test cases/test scripts to ensure adequate coverage of Supplier Equipment Specification (SES) Requirements.
• Analyzed and documented test data to ensure compliance with SES requirements.
• Travelled offsite to Torrance, California to perform software/hardware integration testing on test bench.
• Interfaced with customer (Airbus) regarding testing status along with any identified issues.
• Revised/verified control channel algorithms in Matlab/Simulink to capture changes to system’s functional requirements.
• Implemented functionality changes by revising software requirements in DOORS.
• Maintained documentation to ensure proper traceability of System Engineering Specifications (SES) to Software Requirements Specifications (SRS).
Intermediate Systems Engineer - MDA
January 2009 – March 2012
• Authored and conducted end-to-end (ETE) integration tests of safety critical control software/hardware used by robotic systems on the International Space Station.
• Kinematic/dynamic simulations of mission specific CANADARM2 configurations using LINUX based inhouse simulator.
• Test scripting using Python for simulating different candidate manipulator configurations and mission scenarios.
• Developed algorithm for determining stiffer CANADARM2 configurations which helped determine possible worst case stress loading scenarios during payload berthing missions.
• Enhanced existing thermal models of flight hardware for thermal simulations in SINDA/Thermal Desktop.
• Performed thermal simulation/analysis of scheduled robotic missions to ensure thermal compliance of all monitored units.
Embedded Systems and Robotics Certificate – Ryerson University Chang School of CE
• Performed numerous projects/labs consisting of programming the Atmega328P in C for various applications
• Introductory programming of FPGA development board in VHDL
Bachelor Of Aerospace Engineering - Ryerson University
• focused courses on Satellite Dynamics and Control / Robotic Manipulators and Control / Control Systems Engineering
MotoHawk Introductory Training - NewEagle Enterprises
• A rapid controls system development toolchain and Automotive controller (Freescale MPC555 based) allowing for agile generation of embedded C code using Simulink blocks
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.