GIS Data Engineer
Geophy - https://geophy.com/
New York, USA and The Hague, Netherlands
November 2018 - Present
● Build Spatial Data Pipelines for Automated Valuation Models (AVM) and Data Insights using ETL tools: Python, Airflow, PostgreSQL (+PostGIS), Gitlab (CI/CD), AWS, Kubernetes
● Agile + Jira + Gitlab
● Evra - https://geophy.com/our-product
● Apprise - https://www.apprise.us/
GIS Programmer / Analyst
Dutchess County, NY
Office of Central and Information Services (OCIS), Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
November 2015 - October 2018
● Server and Client-side scripting with Responsive Web Design (Dojo, jQuery, Bootstrap, AJAX, ASP)
● Use of Esri product suite (Desktop, Server, and ArcGIS Online)
● Data processing using python and shell CLI’s
● Manage projects through deployment environments (development-test-production)
● 360-degree Image capture and display (Ricoh Theta S with pannellum.js API)
● Assist in developing and conducting training programs for GIS related system users
● Parks and Trails - https://gis.dutchessny.gov/parks-and-trails/
● Aerial Access - https://gis.dutchessny.gov/aerialaccess/
● Bicycle Parking - https://gis.dutchessny.gov/bicycleparking/
● Road Inventory Management System (RIMS)
GIS Technician IV
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) - https://www.usgs.gov/centers/whcmsc USGS Coastal and Marine Science Center, Woods Hole, MA 02543
July 2013 - December 2015
● GIS and Remote Sensing data processing for research studies, collaborating on project logistics, and providing quality control for data entry
● Preparing data summaries (e.g., tables, graphs, and maps) to contribute to project reports, proposals, and presentations at workshops and professional scientific society meetings
● Assisting with the preparation, writing, and review of peer reviewed scientific publications and co-author papers
● Data acquisition, organization, input, and verification
● Metadata and report writing
● Organizing and assisting with research preparation
● Contacting other scientists to acquire new information as needed
● Undertake necessary coursework and/or professional/ technical training to maintain and develop essential professional skills and certifications
Projects and Publications
● “Evaluation of dynamic coastal response to sea-level rise modifies inundation likelihood”
Journal of Nature Climate Change
○ Modelling sea-level rise scenarios using Bayesian Networks and spatial data ○ http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n7/full/nclimate2957.html
● Evaluating coastal landscape response to sea-level rise in the northeastern United States—Approach and methods
● Coastal Response Decision Support Tool
○ Interactive method to display Bayesian Network model outputs along Northeast USA
○ Designed using Geoserver with Openlayers JS
● Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) study
Developed methodology for using UAS hardware and software for coastal research
○ Flight planning and approval, Certificate of Authorization (COA) requirements, hardware
○ Maintenance and flight controls for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Compared proprietary Agisoft Photoscan software to open source structure-from-motion alternatives - Bundler SfM and Meshlab
U.S. Department of Defense (USDoD) - Northrop Grumman Corporation West Point Military Academy, West Point, NY 10996
January 2013 - July 2013
● Create digital and print maps for the Department of Public Works with projects in many disciplines, such as maintenance, master planning, fire safety, infrastructure, utilities, and environmental management
● Performed GPS data collection using Trimble DGPS and Pathfinder Software
● Feature digitization and geo-rectification using high resolution aerial imagery
● ArcSDE geodatabase management and extensive CAD drawings database upkeep
● ArcIMS server management
● Department of Public Works GIS website management
● DWG to SHP file conversion
● Wide format plotter/scanner maintenance
Intelligent Robotics Group (IRG)
Planetary Analogue Terrain Laboratory (PATLab), Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth, UK | map
● Radiometric Correction of the Aberystwyth University Panoramic Camera (PanCam) emulator using dark-frame subtraction and flat-field correction techniques (Tungsten Integrating Sphere)
● Determined spectral signatures of mineral samples using digital spectroscopy
● Contributed to further research for the ESA's proposed 2018 ExoMars Mission
January 2012 - February 2012
M.Sc. Remote Sensing and GIS August 2011 – September 2012
Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom | map
● Received the Aberystwyth International Excellence Scholarship
● Relevant Courses: Spatial Data Acquisition, Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing,
Information Technologies, Remote Sensing Issues
B.S. Cartography and GIS magna cum laude September 2009 – December 2011
Salem State University, Salem, MA, United States | map
● Graduated with honors - GPA 3.63
● Received the J. Michael Ruane Award for Excellence in Digital Cartography
● Inducted into Gamma Theta Upsilon, Geography Honor Society
● Relevant Courses: Cartography, Advanced Computer Cartography, Quantitative Geography, GIS,
Advanced GIS, Remote Sensing, Geography of Europe, Geographic Research, Air Photo Interpretation, Land Use Planning and Analysis, Calculus I, Physics I, Physics II, Engineering Tools
Minor, Political Science and Government August 2007 – May 2009 Gordon College, Wenham, MA
2019 Spatial Data Science Conference October 16, 2019 Columbia University, NY | map
● Comprised of presentations by numerous organizations using Spatial Data Modelling, including Facebook, Airbnb, WeWork, Salesforce, Uber and many others.
2017 Fall NEARC Conference November 5 - 8, 2017 Newport, RI | map
● Attended the Northeast Arc User Group Conference in Newport, RI.
● Consisted of user seminars, Esri technical sessions, and discussions about ArcGIS Enterprise
2017 ArcGIS User Seminar March 02, 2017 Albany, NY | map
● Attended Esri’s 2017 ArcGIS User Seminar in Albany, NY.
● Learned tips and tricks directly from Esri experts, saw best practice demonstrations for Esri apps, and discovered what’s new in ArcGIS version 10.5
2015 UAS Workshop May 19 - 21, 2015
USGS Headquarters, Reston, VA | map
● Attended the 2015 Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Workshop at the USGS Headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
● Developed better understanding of UAS policy and regulation as well as UAS technology and best practices.
2014 Fall AGU Conference December 15 – 19, 2014 Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA | map
● Attended the 2014 Fall American Geophysical Union Conference in San Francisco as a USGS co-author
● Developed greater knowledge and understanding of current and future research topics for many fields of scientific study.
2014 Piping Plover and Least Tern Workshop February 3-6, 2014
National Conservation and Training Center, Shepherdstown, WV | map
● Attended a three-day workshop presented by the US Fish and Wildlife Service to engage in conservation efforts for Piping Plover and Least Tern coastal nesting habitats.
● Developed greater knowledge of coastal bird species and explored improvements in GIS and remote sensing techniques for habitat mapping.
Software Carpentry Workshop November 14 - 15, 2013 Northeast Fisheries Science Center, Woods Hole, MA | map
● Attended a two-day Software Carpentry workshop to further develop core skills needed to be successful within a small research team.
● Developed a better understanding of the Unix shell, Python, Git and Github, and SQL.
Notable software and hardware that I have used at some point in my career. Plus some relevant skills.
● Esri ArcGIS (Desktop/Server/Online/Enterprise)
● MathWorks MATLAB
● Norsys Netica
● Exelis ENVI
● Agisoft Photoscan
● Python(2.7+, 3+)
● HTML5,XML, JSON ● AJAX, ASP
● CSS, SASS, LESS
● ...Too many Python modules
● Spatial Analysis/management
● Probabilistic Modelling (Bayesian Networks)
● Problem Solving
● Remote Sensing (Multi/Hyperspectral/IR Aerial/Satellite Imagery, Lidar, SAR,GPR, GPS)
● Radiometry/Photometry (Tungsten Integrating Sphere)
● Optical Spectroscopy (Jaz Series spectrometer)
● Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) ● Trimble DGPS
● Digital photography (DSLR)
● Meshlab Frameworks/Toolkits/Libraries
● ERDAS Imagine
● Surfer by Golden Software
● Idrisi (TerrSet)
● Trimble Pathfinder
● Windows, Linux, Mac OS
● AWS (RDS, Aurora)
● ArcGIS for Server
● MS SQL Server
● IIS 7
● BASH, CMD
● Apache Airflow
● jQuery JS API (including UI and Mobile)
● Dojo (AMD)
● Openlayers JS API
● ArcGIS JS API
● Leaflet JS
● Google Maps JS API ● RESTful API
● Pannellum JS API ● Materialize
● Responsive design
● Git (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket) ● AWS S3
● Subversion (SVN)
● Metadata (ISO, SDSFIE)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.