Energetic Data Analyst, Developer and GIS & Remote Sensing professional with 4+ years’ experience, developed robust code for high-volume businesses and analytics. Automated work flows of TPL Maps by more than 50%. Implemented multiple innovative ideas to enrich data quality and quantity. An enthusiastic team player and deep creative thinker, always looking forward to take new challenges.
2012-2016 National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pakistan
Institute of Geographical Information System (IGIS), MS (GIS & Remote Sensing)
2006-2010 National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NUCES-FAST), Islamabad, Pakistan
Computer Sciences Department, BS (Computer Science)
Jan.2020- Now Researcher in “Advanced Information Systems Laboratory” (https://www.iaaa.es/)
• Involve in the research regarding the usage of Discrete Global Grid System (DGGS) for collecting tourist’s sentimental data, and developing application for the same using Open Source technologies and OGC standards for in-field validation and patterns analysis.
Nov.2016- Sept.2019 Senior GIS Analyst in “TPL Maps” (https://tplmaps.com/)
• Contributed to preprocessing, standardization, analytics, and validation of vector/raster data.
• Actively developed web solutions and plugins by leveraging Python based technologies.
• Assisted other teams in Machine Learning, data analytics and QA/QC.
Jan.2015- Apr.2015 GIS Supervisor in “The Urban Unit” (Project based 3 months contract)
• Accelerated mapping of cadastral data by efficient workflows and tools, administered teams for surveying and validation of the regions and generated built-up property maps.
Oct.2010- Sept.2011 Programmer in “Komatsu Pakistan soft.”
Applications/ Languages PostgreSQL, MongoDB, QGIS, GRASS, ERDASS, ArcGIS, Elasticsearch, OGR/ GDAL, Data Analytics (Python), AWS, GIT, Machine Learning, Web Development (Django), Docker, SQL, HTML/ CSS, & Linux shell scripts
Soft Skills Teamwork, Adaptability, Self-learner, Flexible, Time Management
Languages English (Professional), Urdu (Native), Spanish (Beginner Level)
A research based web-mapping application based on Discrete Global Grid System (DGGS) for capturing tourist’s sentiments data in an innovative way.
• Tools Used: Python Django, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Open Layers, Docker
Geo-CMS Web Portal
It is in-house web portal, being used for the management & supervision of spatial data gathered by in-field surveyors. Portal is also used for the future tasks planning of surveyors based on spatial analytics.
• Tools Used: Python Django, PostgreSQL (PostGIS), Leaflet Maps, Bootstrap
TPL Maps Data handling & Analytics
Pakistan’s first digital mapping website having 2D, 3D maps and navigation services. I am part of the team responsible for the gathering, cleansing, processing and analytics of the data (Road/rail network, POIs, Scale data etc.)
• Tools Used: Python, PostgreSQL (PostGIS), QGIS.
Surveying and mapping of G-14 Islamabad
We surveyed the G14 sector of Islamabad under “The Urban Unit” in order to keep track record and make maps of the built up area for the future development & planning of that sector by Capital Development Authority (CDA).
• Tools Used: ArcGIS 10.2, Microsoft Office 2013.
GSPC (Graphical Solution Parts Content) Web
Web based solution portal of parts, lists, details and images of different machinery for the client and staff viewing. It also incorporated the functionality of Basket, Memos, Bookmarks, Search, Backup and customization features.
MS Thesis titled “Habitat assessment and suitability indexing of Ramsar sites in Pakistan for seasonal migratory birds”
Studied deteriorating Pakistani Ramsar habitats in the wake of decreasing migratory birds. Used Landsat imagery, precipitation and ancillary climatic data, usually in netCDF format, for temporal change study and Habitat Suitability Indexing (HSI).
• Tools Used: ArcGIS, GDAL, QGIS
Geo-spatial analysis of Islamabad CNG Stations and their impact on gas pressure
Our team worked on geo-spatial analysis of CNG stations for the first time. OGRA and other government departments have the manual database of CNG stations but no such analysis has been carried out before focusing on impact of the CNG stations on gas pressure issue.
• Tools Used: ArcGIS Desktop 9.1, MS Access
It was an automated system which transmits ultrasound images to the radiologist from anywhere via internet. Doctor could analyze images of the patient and give feedback-using PDA. Doctors were informed about critical patients via SMS. Record of all the patients was stored in the server-side database.
• Tools Used: JAVA, Matlab, JSP, MySQL
08/2019 (Coursera) Geospatial and Environmental Analysis by University of California, Davis
08/2019 (Coursera) Machine Learning with Python by IBM
06/2019 (Coursera) Spatial Data Science and Applications by Yonsei University
05/2019 (ESRI) Earth Imagery at Work
05/ 2018 Python for Everyone (ESRI)
07/2015 (MOOC) Introduction to Geographical Information System. Canvas (University of West Florida)
12/2012 Basics of Python for ArcGIS 10. (ESRI)
• Our team got 4th Position in ACM Software Project Competition 2010 at FAST-NU.
• Won “Best Advertising Award” for the marketing project in marketing Mavrels’08 at FAST-NU.
• Member of the project "Remote Patient Monitoring System" of Next Generation Intelligent Networks Research Center (NexGIN RC) which was among the winners, out of 612 submissions from 102 different countries, of the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.