Experienced consultant for space systems engineering and management. Combining multidisciplinary technical approach with strong business acumen and customer orientation. Always curious generalist, thirsty for new knowledge, passionate about hands-on experience, and not afraid of deep dives into uncharted technological territories.
Systems engineering, mission analysis, and design in Phases 0/A/B/C/D of Earth observation, interplanetary exploration, and commercial communication missions. Management experience in space and telecom industries. Prime and startup experience. Research and prototyping experience in scientific instruments.
07.2020 – Present, UNDISCLOSED NEWSPACE STARTUP, BERLIN, DE
CONSULTANT / LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER / CHIEF SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
● Building a NewSpace startup in close cooperation with the founders.
● Leading mission analysis and system architecture for lunar enabling infrastructure.
● Supporting business development and proposals.
● Built a digital model for lunar constellation optimization.
● Formulated the first baseline architecture of a lunar communication & navigation system.
12.2018 – Present, KLEO CONNECT, BERLIN, DE
SPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER & SOLUTIONS MANAGER
● Designing one of the world’s first broadband satellite constellations as employee No. 12.
● Led communications payload architecture definition.
● Analyzed inter-satellite link dynamics and established core performance requirements.
● Formulated optimal constellation and service deployment strategies.
● Performed deep market research and identified niches of opportunity for the company.
● Acquired prospective business partners and customers.
● Recommended improved market positioning strategies and advised managing directors.
● Responsible for company’s liaison with the Industrial Internet Consortium.
01.2017 – 11.2018, OHB SYSTEM, BREMEN, DE
SYSTEM ENGINEER, SPACECRAFT AVIONICS
● Supervised ExoMars 2020 Carrier Module development and MAIT as technical lead for DHS.
● Performed full interface compatibility analysis of the ExoMars 2020 Carrier Module.
● Engaged hands-on in AIT activities for ExoMars 2020 Carrier Module.
● Enhanced subcontractor performance and rescued project from critical path.
● Supported DHS systems engineering on Electra small-GEO platform.
● Reviewed International Avionics System Interoperability Standards for ESA and NASA.
01.2015 – 12.2016, FRAUNHOFER IIS, ILMENAU, DE
● Pioneered satellite backhaul of LTE mobile networks and inter-base station links.
● Demonstrated a novel satellite-enabled LTE network concept.
● Performed over-the-air measurements of communication and radionavigation systems.
03.2005 – 09.2009, STUDENT SPACE EXPLORATION AND TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVE (SSETI), WROCŁAW, PL
SUBSYSTEM COORDINATOR / TEAM LEADER
● Led a team of 20 students building a TT&C subsystem of ESEO satellite with SSETI/ESA.
● Performed systems engineering tasks for the TT&C subsystem.
● Prepared milestone review documentation.
● Designed an FPGA implementation of CCSDS-compliant TT&C modem.
02.2013 – 06.2014, ILMENAU UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, ILMENAU, DE
● Designed a nanolithography tool for single-nanometer manufacturing.
04.2009 – 01.2013, WROCŁAW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, WROCŁAW, PL
SENIOR ENGINEERING-TECHNICAL REFEREE
● Developed a biochemical sensor that will save lives of sepsis patients.
● Invented a high-performance optical readout system for micromechanical sensors.
● Co-managed a national research project in biomedical microsystems.
10.2006 – 03.2009, NOKIA SIEMENS NETWORKS, WROCŁAW, PL
PRODUCT STRUCTURE MANAGER
● Supported product information systems reorganization during merger.
07.2006 – 09.2006, SIEMENS, WROCŁAW, PL
● Reviewed internal documentation and performed market and competition research.
2018 – Present, UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, UK
MBA candidate, General Management
Planned graduation in H1 2021.
● Writing a dissertation on business models and strategies of emerging lunar enterprises.
2007 – 2016, WROCŁAW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, WROCŁAW, PL
PhD, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
● Earned PhD degree for research on micromechanical biosensors.
● Recipient of SPIE Best Student Paper award 2013.
2002 – 2007, WROCŁAW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, WROCŁAW, PL
MSc, Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
● Awarded MSc degree for work on scanning probe microscopy and carbon nanotubes.
2004 – 2006, UNIVERSITY OF WROCŁAW, WROCŁAW, PL
MSc candidate, Astronomy
Studied as a 2nd major and hobby; discontinued after 4th semester.
Nieradka et al. (2011) “Expanded beam deflection method for simultaneous measurement of displacement and vibrations of multiple microcantilevers”. Review of Scientific Instruments 82, 105112, doi.
Nieradka et al. (2012) “Focused ion beam milling and deposition techniques in validation of mass change value and position determination method for micro and nanomechanical sensors”. Journal of Applied Physics 112, 114509, doi.
Nieradka et al. (2014) “Microcantilever array biosensors for detection and recognition of Gram-negative bacterial endotoxins”. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 198, 114-124, doi.
Complete list available on my ResearchGate and LinkedIn profiles.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Polish (native), English (C2, CAE), German (B2),
Italian (A2), French (A2), Spanish (A2), Russian (A2), Persian (A2)
AEROSPACE: Systems engineering, mission analysis, spacecraft design, avionics, RF and optical payloads
TECHNOLOGY: Electronics, optoelectronics, MEMS, scientific instruments, telecommunications
SCIENCE: Physics, astrophysics, astrodynamics, chemistry, material science
CAD & EDA: Inventor, Solid Edge, Eagle, Xilinx ISE
PROGRAMMING: C++, Python, VHDL, LabVIEW, Shell Script
SIMULATIONS: STK, FreeFlyer, MATLAB, Simulink, ANSYS, Spice, Altium
STANDARDS: ECSS, NASA SE Engine, CCSDS, MIL-STD-1553B, CAN Bus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DTN, LTE
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Windows, Unix, Linux, MS Office, MS Project, DOORS, Sapienza Eclipse
MANAGEMENT: Strategic analysis, financial analysis, operations management, project management
2021 Space Resources Professional Course (ISU, CSM, LSA)
2018 Planetary Protection (OHB, Thales Alenia Space)
2018 Basics of Systems Engineering (OHB)
2017 Systems Engineering – Optical Payloads (OHB)
2016 Project Management and Communications in Projects (Fraunhofer IIS)
2015 Project Management with MS Project (IPMA) (Fraunhofer IIS)
GENERAL: Analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, holistic approach, dependability
INTERPERSONAL: Teamwork, cross-functional team leadership, communicativeness
INTELLECTUAL: Space exploration, entrepreneurship, foreign languages, history of civilizations
SPORTS: Mountain biking, martial arts (4th Kyu rank in Kyokushin Karate, green belt)
HOBBIES: Amateur astronomy, piano, guitars, 3D printing
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.