• Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Computer Science and Communication Systems; Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in Mechatronics, Industrial and Physics Technology
• 10+ years of professional experience in space systems engineering, research & development with a focus on Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems in international project contexts with globally distributed teams of engineers and scientists with medium to large team sizes (up to 200 team members)
– main fields of work and expertise: systems engineering (system design, product realization, technical management); MiL/SiL/PiL/HiL (real-time) simulation & verification; (model-based) software engineering; safety-critical embedded systems development; lab setups and software toolchains for development and verification
– familiar with associated civil and military norms & standards as well as legal frameworks
– strong affinity to technical documentation
• 8+ years of technical and administrative management experience of interdisciplinary, multinational, geographically distributed teams of engineers and scientists in varying team sizes (3–25 persons)
– held overall technical and scientific responsibility as well as partial budget, schedule, and staff responsibility
– product owner, subsystem manager, technical manager, and systems engineer roles in the context of the development of complex, safety- and mission-critical avionics systems for space applications in various projects
– prepared and supported several hundreds of public procurement processes, including national and international tendering processes
• 20+ years experience in planning, implementation, and operation of IT infrastructure and services
|since May 21, 2012||
Research Group Leader (since January 1, 2014)
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
• Head of GNC Appliances Group (since January 1, 2014)
• Deputy Head of the GNC Systems Department (ex officio since January 1, 2014)
• Head of the Hardware-in-the-Loop Technology Laboratory (since February 14, 2014)
• Deputy Head of the GPS/INS Test & Verification Facility (Dec. 1, 2014 to Feb. 29, 2016)
• Department IT Manager (since June 7, 2013)
Fields of Work and Expertise:
Professional & General Competencies
|Development Methods & Tools||
• embedded C/C++ software development using (cross-)compiler toolchains based on GCC on Linux and Windows (Cygwin, MinGW) systems
|Norms & Standards||
• ECSS standards for verification (E-ST-10-02C), testing (E-ST-10-03C), systems engineering & requirements management (E-ST-10C, E-ST-10-06C), project lifecycle management (M-ST-10C), software engineering (E-ST-40C, Q-ST-80C), AOCS/GNC (E-ST-60-30C), dependability (Q-ST-30C), safety (Q-ST-40C)
|Project & Technical Management||
• used traditional (waterfall, V model) and agile methods for project management
• held systems engineering roles in the context of the development of complex, safety- and mission-critical avionics systems for space applications in various projects; responsibilities:
• extensive knowledge and over 20 years of experience with planning, implementation, administration, and operation of IT infrastructure and services
• conception and programming of own software, contributions to several open source projects (e. g. Drupal CMS, Mozilla Firefox)
• developed own software to support professional activities in space engineering, e. g., in the domains of requirements management, verification control, automated documentation
|Software||Coding & Software Engineering:
Cygwin, Docker, Eclipse, Enterprise Architect, GCC, GDB, Oxygen XML Editor, Polyspace Bug Finder & Code Prover, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
Documentation, Illustration, and Publishing:
Scientific Computing and Simulation:
• German (native)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.