Acoustics/Physics Scientist· Electronics Engineer
Nationality: french, prepared to travel, motivated
Available from April/June 2011
35 years old (
Driver’s license (A & B)
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
Since 11/02 Research engineer (8 years) from CNRS at the Laboratoire de Physique des Matériaux Divisés et des Interfaces (LPMDI) from
► Research activities like physics experimentalist (since 2004) — CNAM thesis & PhD experience: acoustics of granular and heterogeneous materials, nonlinear effects, multiple scattering of elastic waves, resonance ultrasound spectroscopy, coda wave interferometry, optical probe (diffusing wave spectroscopy and speckle-visibility spectroscopy), foams rheology properties, sintering materials, colloidal suspension
► Multi-scale modeling of physical processes involved, physico-chemical materials characterization
► Manage the electronics and informatics interfacing department
► Design and development of scientific instruments (prototypes), automation/interfacing of original experimental set-up, hardware and software developing, signal processing
► Project/budget management, functional/technical specifications
► Integration in national (CNRS-Ultrasolid) and European (ESA-FoamC) scientific projects
► Trainees supervision (engineering and graduate students, L3 ENS), provide assistance in the preparation tutorials (inside the physics and wave complex media education)
► LPMDI website management (webmaster)
04/02 - 09/02 Logistician/Supplier (6 months) from Hitachi Computer Products
► Working in purchasing department
► Procurement of electronic components
► Interface with
► Establishment of logistics protocol with providers and support in the SAP prototyping
02/00 - 12/01 Buyer and supplier (2 years) from Alcatel Submarine Networks
► Working in the procurement department
► Interface with Alcatel Greenwich
► Managing the electronic components portfolio with a panel of international suppliers
► Control of the CAMM software (SAP/R3 purchase module)
► Involvement in a workgroup on new 40Gb optical terminals technology
05/98 - 06/98 DUT Trainee from R&D department of AEL Electronique
► Development of a bench test electrical wiring Sefelec
1990/1998 Miscellaneous seasonal position
E D U C A T I O N
2007/2011 Ph.D. physics
Dissertation: Granular Materials Characterization by Ultrasonic Waves
Advisors: Pr. Xiaoping Jia
2005/2007 Engineer degree specializing in electronic (summa cum laude)
Thesis (2 years): Granular Materials Characterization by Acoustic Resonance Method
Advisors: Pr. Xiaoping Jia
Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM Paris, France)
2001/2004 Advanced degree specializing in electronic (DEST)
Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM Paris, France)
1996/1998 Diploma from an institute of technology specializing in electronic and informatics
DUT — GEII Jean Monnet University, (Saint-Etienne, France)
I T S K I L L S & L A N G U A G E S
• Project management: Risks evaluation, budget management, compliance with objectives and deadlines, team management, sponsoring engineer CNAM
• Scientific: I am a experimentalist in Physics of divided/complex/soft matter, geophysics (rock, sand), acoustic waves (linear, nonlinear, Biot), ultrasonic imaging, multiple scattered of elastic waves (coda), non linear effects (softening, slow/fast dynamics, ageing process), optical probe, mechanical, tribology (Hertz-Mindlin contact)
• Communications: Excellent writing skills and expression (English/French), written (progress reports, publications, CNAM thesis, PhD), and oral (public presentations (workshop, GDR, thematic CNRS school), nationals and internationals conferences)
• IT skills: Interfacing/Acquisition, Instrumentation/Metrology, Analog & Digital BF circuits, discrete logic, micro-controller (PIC, Motorola), PCB design and implementation, design/conventional machining, experimentation and measurement field, digital signal processing, engineering sciences, OpenSystem (Lecoeur Electronique) ultrasonic imaging
• Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, LATEX
• Programming languages: G (LabView), C/C++ (LabWindows, MSVC++, Borland), PHP/HTML, VBA, assembler (MPLab Microchip)
• Modelisation/simulation: Orcad, Eagle, KiCad, P-Spice, Mathematica, Matlab, Scilab/Simulink, Inventor AutoDesk
• Data processing: Kaleida Graph , OriginLab Pro (SciDAVis, QtiPlot), Noesis, Scion, ImageJ, Matrox (MIL), Photron, Itex, Basler, IMAQ, NI Vision
• Spoken/Written: English (Bulats II), French (native speaker), Spanish and Arab (beginner)
P U B L I C A T I O N & P R O C E E D I N G S
Langlois, W. Gautherin, J. Laurent, L. Royon, X. Jia, L. Fournaison, A. Delahaye, Caractérisation de frigoporteurs diphasiques par une méthode ultrasonore: application au coulis de glace, SFT (2009)
V. Langlois, J. Laurent, X. Jia, W. Gautherin, L. Fournaison, A. Delahaye, L. Royon, Determination of particle concentration in slurry system by an ultrasonic technique, 8th IIR Conference on Phase Change Materials and Slurries for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, PCM 2009, Karlsruhe (2009)
X. Jia, J. Laurent, Y. Khidas, V. Langlois, Sound Scattering in Dense Granular Media, Chinese Science Bulletin 2009, 54(23) 4327-4336.
V. Langlois, J. Laurent, X. Jia, W. Gautherin, L. Fournaison, A. Delahaye, L. Royon, Determinación de la concentración de partículas en un sistema con emulsión mediante técnica de ultrasonidos, Frío-calor y aire acondicionado, ISSN 0210-0665, Nº 423, (2010) 60-64
V. Langlois, W. Gautherin, J. Laurent, L. Royon, L. Fournaison, A. Delahaye, X. Jia, Ultrasonic determination of the particle concentration in model suspensions and ice slurry, in press International Journal of the Refrigeration (2011)
X. Jia, Th. Brunet & J. Laurent, Elastic Weakening of a Dense Granular Pack by Acoustic Fluidization: Slipping, Compaction, Aging, Rapid communication In Press to Phys. Rev. E. (2011)
A D D I T I O N A L I N F O R M A T I O N
• Some experimental results (softening) obtained during my engineering CNAM thesis are presented inside the book of P. A. Johnson & R. A. Guyer: Nonlinear Mesoscopic Elasticity: The Complex Behaviour of Granular Media including Rocks and Soil,
• My work is emphasized (thanks section) in most of peer review of LPMDI researchers, particularly in the journal Nature 437, 871-874 (2005)
• I also participate in the establishment and organization of an international conference on foam organized by the LPMDI: EUFOAM 2004
P E R S O N A L I N T E R E S T
Sports Squash, tennis, rock climbing, swimming, beach volley, mountain biking, alpine skiing/snow boarding, sailing, skydiving, running
Leisure’s International travel, music, motorcycle, reading, cinema, theater, cooked
Affiliations SFP (French Physics Society), SFA (French Acoustics Society), CNRS Electronics Networks, and UNICNAM (engineer CNAM Union)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.