Since Oct. 2008 (for 4 years): PhD research project on wide-field, high dynamic range, high fidelity imaging with aperture array radio telescopes, Kapteyn astronomical institute, Groningen- the Netherlands.
Sep. 2006- May.2008: MS c. in “Advanced Technologies in Radio Astronomy and Space Science”, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg- Sweden.
Sep. 1998- Sep. 2004: BSc. in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication), Khaje Nasir Toosi University of Technology (KNTU) - one of national top universities in Tehran- Iran.
Summer 2008: summer studentship at ASTRON- Netherlands Foundation for Research in Astronomy- working on the feasibility study of SETI with LOFAR under supervision of Michael Garrett. Dwingeloo- the Netherlands.
Aug. 2007- May. 2008: traineeship at ASTRON working on my master project under supervision of Stefan J. Wijnholds and Arnold van Ardenne. Dwingeloo- the Netherlands.
This master project aimed to find suitable quantitative thresholds for RFI detection and calibration error detection at LOFAR station. It was mathematical analysis on real data of LOFAR station for engineering purpose.
Jan. 2005- Jul. 2006: worked full-time as a network transmission planning engineer in an international company called Taliya- the first prepaid GSM network operator in all over of Iran- Tehran-Iran.
This work covered the determination of all main parameters of the radio relay system which includes network configuration, system capacity, performance objectives and radio frequencies to plan reliable and available MW links. I was in charge of network transmission planning for Tehran and Mashhad provinces (two of large and important cities in Iran).
Summer 2000: as an apprentice at research center of Jahad-Keshavarzi, worked on Hydrophones sensors and use of that in Sonar project, Tehran-Iran.
- Travel grant from RadioNet to attend the 2nd workshop on 3rd Generation Calibration in Radio Astronomy, Sep. 2011- Portugal.
- Full fund from XXX URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of International Union of Radio Science 2011. Aug. 2011- Turkey.
- 2nd prize in the annual photo competition in University of Groningen 2010.
- Travel grant from Brigham Young University for 2010 Workshop on Phased Array Antenna Systems. May. 2010- USA.
- Full fund from MCCT SKADS (Marie Curie Conferences and Training Courses on the Square Kilometer Array Design Studies) for a Conference about “Wide Field Science and Technology for the SKA”, Chateau de Limelette, Belgium.
- Full fund from MCCT SKADS for the workshop on wide-field and multibeam science with SKA in Oxford.
- PhD scholarship for four years from Kapteyn astronomical institute.
- Full fund from MCCT SKADS for the workshop on deep field imaging with SKA in Cambridge.
Other nonprofessional work experiences
- A member of students’ scientific committee in KNTU; I tried to improve the scientific state of affairs for students as much I could e.g. by recovering a small and out of order lab. It was called “Free Lab” for juniors to come, gain basic experiences and prepare for more serious projects. That lab was managed by a team of students including me.
- A member of students’ scientific committee and music group in KNTU; I designed their official signs, brochures, cover of magazines and posters whenever it was needed and I could.
- In addition to my studies at KNTU, I wrote scenario of animations which were used by a private company to make multimedia training CD’s. Those were for visualizing and demonstrating the mathematical and physical concepts to high school and college students. I wrote some non-scientific scenarios for kids as well.
- Teaching Mathematics, physics to school (from primary to high school) and industrial draftsmanship to collage students.
- Teaching some computer software to juniors at university.
- Wijnholds, S. J., Noorishad, P., "Statistically Optimal Self-Calibration of Regular Imaging Arrays", submitted to 20th European Signal Processing Conference 2012, Bucharest- Romania, 27th-31th Aug. 2012.
- Noorishad, P., Yatawatta, S., "Efficient Computation of Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions in radio Astronomical Source Modeling", accepted in ISSPIT 2011 (International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology 2011), to be held on 14th - 17th Dec. 2011.
- Noorishad, P., Wijnholds, S. J., van Ardenne, A., van der Hulst, J. M., "Application of Redundancy Calibration to Phased Arrays and Some Limitations", URSI- GA 2011, 13th -20th Aug. 2011.
- Noorishad, P., Wijnholds, S. J., van Ardenne, A., van der Hulst, J. M., "Redundancy Calibration in Phased Array Stations" submitted to A&A.
- MSc. diploma thesis: appropriate RFI detection threshold for error prevention in LOFAR station calibration, the department of radio and space science, Chalmers university of technology, Gothenburg- Sweden, June 2008.
- BSc. diploma thesis: simulation of MAC PDU construction in IEEE802.16- the standard for wireless MAN by VC++”, the department of electrical engineering at KNTU, No.1830, Tehran-Iran, Sep.2004.
- Different cultural articles and translation (English to Farsi) of some technical papers in the local scientific/cultural news letter of KNTU.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows, mac and Linux.
Programming languages: MATLAB, FORTRAN77, C and VC++ (should brush up on them), assembly and python (familiar).
Software: Microsoft office package, Inkscape, CorelDraw, Photoshop, MapInfo, CONNECT (developed by Aircom for Network Transmission Planning), MeqTrees and AIPS/AIPS++ (not professional but familiar). CAESAR (Computationally Advanced Electromagnetic Simulator for Arrays).
Farsi: Mother language
English: Fluent in four skills
Arabic: Intermediate (much better at reading and understanding it than listening to or
Dutch: Preparing for the NT2 exam.
French, Swedish: Basic
Interest and hobbies
Science: generally fascinated by anything in the universe from physical to metaphysical phenomena.
Sport: running, sailing, swimming.
Other interests: foremost people and whatever makes their life as they live, children rights, writing, photography, conceptual arts, dance and of course exploring our uniquely beautiful planet in the whole universe, as much as I can.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.