“Degree in Physics”
University of Valencia, Spain.
ERASMUS program in 2004-05, “University of Leeds”, Leeds (UK).
-"Space Systems Engineering". University of Southampton.
-"Project Management for Software Development". Learning Tree International.
-“Software Engineering” (150 hours). Elogos. Madrid (Spain)
-“Satellite ground segment”. EUITT. Madrid (Spain)
-“Linux” (56 hours). IFES. Madrid
-“Software Testing” (16 hours). Indra Sistemas. Madrid (Spain)
-“Load Runner” (16 hours). Indra Sistemas. Madrid (Spain)
-“BEA Weblogic Integration 8.1” (35 hours). 2F Formación. Madrid (Spain)
-“Java y J2EE applications” (58 hours). CLE Formación, Madrid (Spain)
-“Matlab” (30 hours). University of Valencia (Spain)
-“Latex” (20 hours). University of Valencia (Spain)
Java programming: more than 8 years of experience.
JDBC and J2EE technology: 8 years of experience.
Programming languages C++ and Fortran.
Database System (PSQL and MySQL): more than 8 ears of experience.
Operational Systems: Linux, Unix and Windows.
Development tool Eclipse: more than 8 years of experience.
Struts 2: 2 years of experience.
Performance testing: Load Runner, Benchmark
Factory and Jmeter: 1 year of experience.
Text editor Latex: 1 year of experience.
Sybase Power Designer: 3 years of experience.
English: fluent (”First Certificate of English”. Cambridge University.)
June 2007- now
“INSA Ingeniería y servicios aeroespaciales”
Work at Astrobiology Centre (CAB, INTA-CSIC), in the Spanish Virtual Observatory (SVO) group.
I have developed various scientific archives, the process consists in the design of the database in PSQL or MySQL language, the population of this database and the develop of a web application system to access to this data, using J2EE technology. Also a VO standard access is developed and registered in the VO Registry.
I am the technical manager of some important archives like "Gran Telescopio Canarias GTC Public Archive" and "Calar Alto Archive”. It consists in a large database (currently 800GB but steadily increasing) and in a web application, with connect with the database using JDBC, which give access to this data.
In the same way I have developed other important archives like the DSS63 Antenna of NASA in Robledo de Chavela Archive (TESELA).
I Developed a tool to access to blank region of the sky using J2EE technology, which has resulted in two papers.
I work with the VO standards and protocols, and I have participated in international meeting and school of the Virtual Observatory group.
April 2006- May 2007
“INDRA Sistemas S.A.”
I was part of a software development team. I participated in the functional test group, in the performance testing group and in the programmer group.
In this group we made an application to control the life cycle of shipment of the Spanish postal service.
"Institute für Physik” of the “University of Mainz” (Germany)
I was part of a training group, where we had a first contact with the experimentation work.
I was part of a theoretical study of particle-antiparticle symmetry. There was a lab work as well.
- Deep blank-field catalogue for medium- and large-sized telescopes (2012MNRAS.427..679J). Jiménez Esteban, F.M.; Cabrera Lavers, A.; Cardiel, N.; Alacid, J.M.
- The Gran Telescopio Canarias and Calar Alto Virtual Observatory compliant archives (2012SPIE.8448E..0GS)
- TESELA: A New Virtual Observatory Tool to Determine Blank Fields (2011MNRAS.417.3061C). Cardiel, N.; Jiménez-Desteban, F. M.; Alacid, J.M.; et Al.
- A VO Archive for the DSS-63 Antenna at Robledo (2010hsa5.conf..464A). Alacid, J. Manuel; Ruiz, José Enrique; Gutiérrez, Raúl; et Al.
- Participation in numerous papers with the GASPS project. 2010A&A...518L.127M, 2010A&A...518L.125T, 2010A&A...518L.124M and 2010A&A...518L.126P.
- Participation in numerous in congress and school related to Virtual Observatory like the IVOA Interop.
- Speech “The amateur astronomy and the Virtual Observatory”. I PRO-AM congress. Córdoba, Spain.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.