I want to be involved with the investigation and development of spacecrafts and launch vehicles through trajectory analysis, propulsion technology, aerodynamics of launch and atmospheric reentry, and orbital mechanics. I will utilize the knowledge I have gained from my Aerospace Engineering degree, Astronautical Engineering certificate, and professional experience.
Jan 2012 – Present Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer/Aerospace Engineer
Interorbital Systems (IOS), Mojave, CA
· Modified critical launch vehicle parameters (mass properties, aerodynamic coefficients, engine characteristics, etc.) and analyzed trajectories for 3DOF/6DOF simulation results.
· Performed critical trajectory optimization for IOS Neptune family of launch vehicles to meet mission requirements.
· Presented performance capabilities of launch vehicles for NASA’s Small Business Investment Reward (SBIR) and NASA’s Enabling eXploration and Technology (NEXT) contract.
· Conducted surveys, cases, and Monte-Carlo trajectory simulations to generate data required by the FAA and Air Force.
· Practiced and accustomed with orbital mechanics in solving Keplerian orbit elements for current and potential customers.
· Active in creating flight profiles for orbital and suborbital trajectories, as well as the development of a lunar mission as part of Team Synergy Moon for the Google Lunar X-Prize competition.
· Assessed performance characteristics of rocket propulsion systems for space launch vehicles including liquid-propellant rocket engines and solid-propellant rocket motors.
Composites Technician/Rocket Technician
· Managed the mixing of solid rocket fuel (aluminum, ammonium perchlorate) and handled storable propellants (turpentine, furfuryl alcohol, nitric acid).
· Experienced with the cutting and shaping of patterns for basic layouts of parts, vacuum bag processing, and oven/autoclave curing.
· Manufactured component parts for ablative-cooled rocket engine design (phenolic, fiberglass, carbon fiber) including main combustion chambers and nozzles.
· Performed carbon fiber layups on aluminum-lined fuel tanks and carried out the pressure testing of those tanks to achieve a safety factor of 1.5.
· Carried out a series of field tests for component and equipment verification, including the experimentation of liquid propulsion systems and solid rocket motors.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Jan. 2012 – Sept. 2013 Certificate in Astronautical Engineering
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Extension, Los Angeles, CA
Courses taken: Spacecraft Systems Design and Analysis Orbital Mechanics
Introduction to Satellite Communication Space Power Systems
Space Mission Systems Engineering Spacecraft Propulsion
Spacecraft Thermal Management
2007 – 2010 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Los Angeles, CA
2005 – 2007 Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts
Ohlone College,Fremont, CA
- Trajectory Analysis Optimization Software (TAOS)
- Missile Lab
- Missile DATCOM
- Solid Works
- Satellite Tool Kit (STK)
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Microsoft Office
- Star Office
- Open Office
- Sony Acid Pro
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
Sept. 2009 – June 2010 Communications and Structural Analyst
Mission and Spacecraft Design
· Specialized in the development of a satellite communications link operating at the X-band frequency, which included a comprehensive analysis through a Link Budget.
· Established the general arrangement of all spacecraft equipment and mechanisms within the structure to comply with necessary spacecraft configurations using Solid Works.
Structural Analyst, Avionics Specialist
Aircraft and Wing Structure Design
· Designed and analyzed a wing structure for an acrobatic aircraft compliant to the Federal Aviation Regulations Part 23.
· Specified avionics, payload, and landing gear system for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) at the preliminary design level.
· Evaluated and reviewed properties of materials to develop a UAV structure.
Jan. 2009 – June 2009 Lab Technician/Assistant
Fluid Mechanics/Aerospace Laboratory
· Designed, constructed, and successfully flight-tested a remote control airplane with 12” wingspan in a wind-tunnel.
· Arranged and Experimented with the Characterization of Fluid Solar Cells, testing of Strain Gauges, and Hot Wire Anemometry.
CERTIFICATES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) Southern California Scholarship Reward, May, 2013
Certificate of Completion in Fundamentals of Hypersonic Aerodynamics, AIAA, 2011
17th AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technology Conference, AIAA, 2011
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention in the Work Place, CPI, 2005, 2009
High School Diploma; Irvington High School, 2005
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2011-Present
Front Sight Training Institute (Diamond Lifetime Member), 2011-Present
National Rifle Association (Lifetime Member) Alameda County, 2011-Present
Golden State Amateur Radio Club, Union City, 1995-1999
Ho’okahi Pu’uwai Outrigger Canoe Club, Foster City, 1998-2003
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.