Senior Management Executive
Business Development ~ Strategic Planning ~ Government & Commercial Services
Profile of Qualifications
Offer significant experience in satellite, broadcast and telecommunications markets including U.S. Government sector. Possess an active Top Secret Security Clearance and an advanced understanding of existing and emerging satellite technologies; successfully established highly productive business relationships within satellite industry. Vast leadership experience in sales management, business development, and implementation of high-impact organizational growth strategies. Superior blend of negotiating, presentation, problem solving, human relations and forecasting skills. Demonstrated strengths in competitive analysis and intelligence, political and regulatory processes, technological evolution, and customer needs assessment. Extensive prior international experiences.
· Analyzed and proactively renegotiated leases at ViaSat to capture $11.9M in annual savings.
· Strategically re-positioned satellites to meet or exceed critical business objectives at ViaSat.
· More than doubled sales within three-year period at SES US Government Services, boosting revenues from $108M to $240M.
· Leveraged exemplary knowledge of satellite and telecom business environments including revenue and cost drivers, network infrastructures, government customer applications, and competitive dynamics to continually meet defined business goals.
· Championed early identification of new revenue opportunities at SES-USGS and arranged presentations, demonstrations, and/or site visits to convincingly deliver company value proposition to client prospects.
ViaSat, Inc., Carlsbad, CA, 2011 to Present
Sr. Director, Bandwidth Planning & Management
· Strategically translate all business development activities, technology roadmaps and corporate initiatives into global, multi-band satellite network to support sustained growth including identification of potential teleport sites.
· Seamlessly liaise with internal groups to steer timely workflow including across all business areas within Government Services Division.
· Spearhead the complete spectrum of bandwidth planning operations including coordination of engineering & technical analysis, procurement, finance, regulatory compliance, maintenance, monitoring, and program management.
SES US Government Solutions, Inc., McLean, VA, 2004 to 2011
Vice-President, Market Development
· Conducted in-depth U.S. Government (USG) and DoD market analysis to determine and capitalize on demand, supply, and competitive position.
· Participated in creation and development of near, medium and long-term growth opportunities.
· Partnered with senior staff on large strategic opportunities and fostered productive relationships with governmental organizations, competitors, satellite operators and vendors to evaluate and pursue potential market development opportunities.
· Teamed with SES World Skies to develop informative and persuasive business cases for USG client acquisition.
· Compiled and presented monthly reports for AGS Internal Operations Review and confidently conferred with C-level leadership team to discuss issues, navigate business direction, and resolve problems.
· Frequently analyzed satellite operations to evaluate performance and impact on financial results of USGS.
· Conducted US Government market analyses and assembled forecasts to assess SATCOM bandwidth supply, demand and technology trends.
· Provided SES spectrum development personnel with USG current and projected spectrum requirements in support of global operations.
Vice President, Sales
· Directed, developed, empowered and motivated SES-USGS team of eight in producing $240M in sales.
· As an individual contributor, proactively closed lucrative deals within USG, civilian and intelligence marketplace.
· Delegated client assignments to sales team and provided effective account management oversight.
· Instrumental in surpassing revenue goals by steering business development activities to capture further targeted program growth opportunities in new civilian USG market segments.
· Resourcefully established new direct and indirect channels to achieve forecasted annual revenue and profitability targets.
· Successfully orchestrated multiple small to large sales initiatives through to final award and deployment.
· Formulated account plans for key strategic programs in alignment with SES-USGS business goals and authored winning government technical and price proposals.
· Drove cohesive activities among operations, engineering, finance, and human resources to support successful execution of sales objectives.
Sr. Director, Government Services, GlobeCast Government Services, Washington, DC, 2002 to 2004
Vice President, Global Sales, iDirect, Reston, VA, 2001 to 2002
Sr. Director, North America, FLAG Telecommunications, New York, NY, 1999 to 2001
Executive Director, NA Sales, Orion / Loral Orion (now Telesat), Rockville, MD, 1993 to 1999
B.A. Degree, Fairleigh Dickenson University, Hackensack, NJ
SSPI (Mid-Atlantic chapter), SIA, AFCEA, NDIA, WTA
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.