Seeking a work opportunity in spacecraft operations following my partner's relocation to Darmstadt, Germany at the end of January. Working as a satellite control engineer with a BSc in Electronics engineering and a strong academic and working knowledge of satellite subsystems, currently working as a satellite control engineer on a GEO mission with experience in LEOP, operations preparation, launch activities, satellite design, testing activities and routine operations for satellite and ground. Proficient in the use of EPOCH suite for satellite monitoring and control, and experienced in incident analysis and resolution. My multiple roles and diverse activities in the satellite industry make me an excellent candidate for a spacecraft controller job.
1 Apr 2016 - Present
Satellite Control Engineer, Es'hailSat
- Three years of operations preparation where I participated in acceptance testing of the ground system and reviewed ground and satellite documentation
- Author of procedures regarding contingency and routine operations for the satellite and ground systems
- Participated in the launch and LEOP activities at site and IOT
- Operated on a 24/7 shift basis to monitor and control the satellite and ground systems
- Execution of routine and contingency operations for the Satellite
- Monitoring Space Track for space debris, satellite conjunctions and reports which includes remote control of the spacecraft, monitoring of data and health of the payload and troubleshooting with the help of procedures
- Execution of planned maneuvers
- Monitoring and control of 3 ground stations
- Procured a ticketing system to aid in satellite operations
Feb 2015 - April 2016
Satellite Project Engineer, Es'hailSat
- Procurement of Es’hail 2 satellite
- Work with the manufacturer to ensure that the design and development are according to the requirements
- Support all satellite test and design activities; test readiness, test activities, data reviews and anomaly investigations and resolution with the manufacturer
Education and Training
September 2010 - April 2014
Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering
The University of Leeds
- Courses: communication systems; high frequency systems; RF and microwave engineering; digital communications; nanotechnology; embedded systems
- Research: Designing a portable automated defibrillator
April 2015 - September 2015
Master’s Level Advanced Lectures on Aerospace Engineering
- Technical training on each satellite subsystem
- Developed the requirements and link budget for a hypothetical LEO mission
- Satellite control systems: EPOCH Suite
- Routine operations, including ground operations and mission planning
- Anomaly detection and recovery
- Knowledge in pre-operation activities (simulation campaign, launch campaign and LEOP)
- Production of procedures, both routine and contingency
- Technical writing
- Analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated through troubleshooting many issues that were assigned to me in operations
- A good command of quality control process; through reviewing item discrepancies and maintaining document releases for the CDRL throughout the project lifetime
- Presentation skills; presented the company activities in a number of events
- Advanced user of office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Visio
- Python (Basic)
- C (Basic)
- Linux (multiple distributions), Windows and MacOs
- Proficient with GIT
- Comfortable with using the command line (bash)
- Proficient user of ServiceNow, including designing, testing and building a database
- Good command of photo editing software (I.E. Lightroom)
- Arabic as mother tongue
- Fluent in english
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.