Jul 2015 – Present: Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) expert, Germany
- Management, processing and distribution of SAR data from Sentinel-1
- Answering user requests regarding Sentinel-1 and other SAR sensors, data and processes
- Research and development of methods and algorithms for the download and use of SAR data for land monitoring and land cover classification
- Document preparation for software and data procurement
- Analysis of software like the SNAP toolbox and other Copernicus services
- Development of methods to combine Sentinel-1 and multi-spectral Sentinel-2 images for the purpose of land cover classification
Feb 2012 –May 2015: Research scientist, University of Bremen
- Designed and implemented the system that automatically estimates the locations of offshore oil seeps from SAR data
- Analysed ocean SAR images from ENVISAT, RADARSAT and ERS-1 for the detection of oil spills, oil slicks and ships
- programmed and analysed images using Python and QGIS
- Analysed the effect of wind on ocean SAR images and oil spills using data from ECMWF
- Published two peer reviewed scientific journal articles and two conference proceedings papers regarding the research conducted
- Won the MARUM award for research in marine geosciences
- Conducted workshops on programming in Python
- Successfully wrote proposals for acquiring conference funding and research stay fundings
- Conducted a three month research stay at Florida, U.S.A
Aug 2010 – Nov 2011: Research Assistant, Oberpfaffenhofen,Germany
- Deformation analysis after the Haiti 2010 earthquake from Synthetic Aperture Radar images of ALSO-PALSAR and TerraSAR-X using techniques like Interferometric-SAR (InSAR) and D-InSAR
- Implementation of programs in IDL
- Analysis of losses experienced in the bistatic phase of the TanDEM-X images with respect to baseline, incidence angle and number of scatterers
- Estimation of height of volume scatterers like trees and agricultural crops from TanDEM-X images
Feb 2012-Apr 2015: Dr. rer.nat (Ph.D. in natural sciences), Magna cum laude
University of Bremen, Germany
▪ Marine geosciences
▪ Satellite remote sensing of the ocean
▪ Research, development and implementation of methods and techniques to detect oil slicks in ocean SAR images and estimate the location of their geological source on the ocean floor
▪ Preparing scientific documents and articles regarding offshore oil seepage in global oceans
Oct 2009 – Nov 2011: M.Sc.(Master of Science) 1.7 (thesis)
Technical University of Munich, Germany
▪ Earth Oriented Space science and technology (MSc ESPACE)
▪ Main subject: satellite navigation, orbit mechanics, numerical modelling, spacecraft technology, signal processing, orbit and altitude control, electrodynamics, ground and user segment
▪ Third semester elective: remote sensing (photogrammetry and image processing, geoinformation, atmospheric and oceanographic physics)
Aug 2005 – May 2009: B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) C.G.P.A 7.65
University of Kerala, Kerala, India
▪ Electronics and communication engineering
▪ Main subjects: Radar engineering, satellite and mobile communication, optical communication, artificial neural networks, antenna and wave propagation, digital image processing, digital communication, electromagnetic theory, signal and systems, digital electronics, solid state physics, network analysis, microcontrollers and electronic circuits
Mother tongue(s): Malayalam, English, Hindi
Other language: German B2
Software and computer skills
▪ excellent programming skills in Python, IDL, MATLAB, ENVI
▪ expert knowledge of QGIS and ArcGIS
▪ expert knowledge of using the SNAP toolbox provided by ESA, PCI Geomatics and Genesis(DLR)
▪ expert knowledge of MS Office and Libreoffice
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.