Marital status: Married
Children: Three Daughters
• Use EKF mixed with an adaptive filtering design with emphasis on adaptive Q (addressing IMU errors for various dynamic modes) and R (addressing aiding sensors noise uncertainties)
• Strong computer skills and in particular proficient in Python, Perl, C, C++, Fortran or some combination of these programming languages
• Demonstrated ability to perform scientific and statistical analysis on very large data sets
• In-depth knowledge of inertial sensors (of various classes) and aiding sensors (GPS, Star Trackers, Seeker, Altimeter, Terrain, Vision based, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with complex hardware and software subsystems supporting large experimental systems
• Nonlinear filtering techniques such as particle filtering and multiple model estimation mixing is
• In-depth errors models of various fidelity levels
• Experience utilizing good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical and math skills and comfort with mathematical modeling tools such as Matlab
• Strong collaborative written and verbal communications skills and ability to influence stakeholders
• Experience demonstrating a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments
• Extensive knowledge of structural and dynamic use of Astronomical Image Processing System, produced by NRAO.
• Extensive knowledge of Spectral Line Reduction package (replaced by ASAP)
• Extensive knowledge and use of Software for aiding visualisation of multidimensional data
• In-depth knowledge of Image Reduction and Analysis Facility. (IRAF usage and Interpretation) and Satellite Data Analysis
• In-depth knowledge of Ms Word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook express and InfoPath, Access, publisher, SPSS, MATLab, All OS (Windows, Linux- Federa, Ubuntu, Kali and Mac- Snow Lion, Leopard)
• Networking, Hardware Maintenance and Software, Hardware Assembling and configurations
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACADEMIC AWARDS:
2016-2017-: Successfully awarded a scholarship for the a Master of Science program in Astronomy, Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of External Affairs Government of India at the Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Maharashtra-Pune, India.
2015/April-May-: Successfully awarded a scholarship for the training program in Astronomy for African scientist Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of External Affairs Government of India at the Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Maharashtra-Pune, India.
2013-2014: Kenya Bureau of Standards (KBS) & Kenya Industrial Research Institute (KIRID): Successfully supervised five undergraduate Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry students during their industrial training on behalf of Prof. B.T. Kiremire.
2013 Uganda Communications Commission ICT for National Development Award (ACIA Catalogue 2013 page 37) successfully developed ―A Space Based system to deliver health & environment information and services‖. Certificate of Award.
2008-2009: Mumias Sugar Company Kenya-Increased diffuser sucrose cell extraction performance from 89.5 to 96% ensured high efficiency in production and reduced dust sugar production due to conversion and invasion, ensuring full operation ability of the Extraction Diffuser systems.
2007-2008: Mumias Sugar Company Kenya- Closely monitored water tube boiler auxiliary functions and conducted detailed inspections to ensure operational compliance of environmental protection, safety, and emission control regulations act.
2007-2008:-Mumias Sugar company Kenya, Analyzed extraction effluent from a 350 TCH, Cane Diffuser, Heavy Duty Hammer Shredder and New Generation SRI Clarifier data in order to determine feasibility quality production as a way to maximize production throughput per day.
2006-2007:- Best innovative student Makarere University Academic Science Fair:- successfully extracted ―Omega-3-Fatty Acids from tropical fish species (Lung fish and Nile perch) as a food supplement for curing and controlling infections children at Makerere University.
RESEARCH WORK, TRAINING AND PUBLICATIONS:
2017 - 2017: Observational Astronomy (Optical, UV, X-ray and Radio), Inter- University Center of Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA)/ Makerere University.
2013 Pilot plant study of ―Extraction of Essential oils from Tropical African Spices by the use of a trans-anethole and compounds characterization by NMR spectroscopy using the bench top spin solve NMR spectrometer Makerere University.
2007-2008: Research Project, ―An Investigation on how 96% Sucrose Extraction Target Efficiency can be achieved by the diffuser at Mumias sugar co. Ltd‖ Kenya using diffusion by Osmosis.
2006- 2007: Omega-3-Fatty Acids extraction from tropical fish species (Lung fish and Nile perch) as a food supplement for curing and controlling infections Makerere University.
Nyago’s areas of expertise largely include extragalactic astronomy and astronomical database management. His contributions include:
Warm Absorbers: Comprehensive high resolution X-ray spectral study of warm absorbers in Seyfert galaxies observed with ESA's X-ray observatory XMM-Newton, theoretical modelling using photo-ionisation code CLOUDY, understanding the effect of ionizing continuum shape on the properties of warm absorbers, and stability curve analysis of the warm absorbers. (Collaborated and done as a part of his MSc thesis)
Gravity: Elucidating nature of cosmological singularities under conformal transformations
Galaxies: Quantitative study of galaxy morphology, scaling relations etc.
Robustness of prediction for extreme adaptive optics systems under various observing conditions - An analysis using VLT/SPHERE adaptive optics data; M. A. M. van Kooten, N. Doelman, N. J. Jonathan and M. Kenworthy Published online: 21 April 2020
Teaching Assistant (Part Time)
Department of Physics College of Natural Sciences
2017 – To-date:
Guidance Navigation & Controls Engineer
Infinity Computers and Communication Company limited
Plot 6B Windsor Loop Rd, Kampala
2015 – To-date:
• Development of Simulation Kinematics Models
• Development of State Estimators
• Past use or familiarity with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Mac OS, Microsoft products.
• Strong academic and analytical background with course work and independent research that includes a combination of digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, or signal processing
• Coding of Missile Guidance Algorithms in Higher Order Computer Languages
• Developing plans and methods of evaluating system capabilities and testing event scenarios
Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer
Rapid Security and Engineering Group,
February 2012– Dec, 2014
• Develop, modify, and maintain GPS and telemetry processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET)
• Flight system performance analysis including nonlinear modeling, digital control, and system effectiveness analysis
• Using results of modeling and simulations to predict performance
• Defining, analyzing, and reviewing results from model simulations
• Updating of models based on designs, test results, and other data
• System design, analysis, modeling, and simulation
• Simulation - to include evaluation under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight modes
Master’s Degree in Astronomy
IUCAA, Pune Maharashtra, India
Training in Astronomy (Instrumentation/Satellite Navigation and Control)
IUCAA, Pune Maharashtra, India
2015/April- 2015 May
Diploma in Physics,
Makerere University, Uganda
Certificate in Astrophysics,
Makerere University, Uganda
Certificate in CCNA Cisco Net Works and CCTV Technology
Exquisite Multimedia E-software and IT consultancy
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
Hazardous Material& Safety Training,
Lions Chemical & Engineering Technology Kenya – QC & QA,
September 2006 –October 2006
Emergency Medical Technician and First Aid Training
• 2011/08 – Dec/2012: Astronomers without Boarder (AWB) National Coordinator Volunteer
• 2007-2009: United Nations Youth-Uganda: Monitor & Evaluation Officer
• 2004-2007: Volunteer for the Makerere University Primetime Association Sound Technician
English, Luganda, Swahili, (Elementary knowledge) Lunyankole and Kinyarwanda (Elementary knowledge)
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
New Innovation technology discoveries, Concept developments, and achieving big dreams & visions, Research and Development, enjoy learning, Adventure.
Prof. Ajit K. Kembhavi
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
Post Bag 4 Ganeshkhind, Pune Univ Campus Pune 411 007
Dr. Patrick Ssebugere
College of Natural Science, Department of Chemistry
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala-Uganda
Ms. Kisakyamukama Sarah
Elori Deko Frourist and Decoration
Plot 24 Ggaba Road, Kansanga
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.