CV: Spacecraft Systems Engineer (Flight Controller)
| Date Submitted:||18-09-2013|
| Last Modified:||30-09-2013 (10:32)|
| Current job:||Spacecraft Systems Engineer (Flight Controller)|
| Employment Term:||Permanent|
| Job location:||Anywhere|
| Date available:||within 2 months|
| Industry:||Civil Agencies/International Organizations, Satellite Manufacturers and Subcontractors, Satellite Operators, Launch Systems, Consulting/Engineering Services, Space Tourism|
| Keywords||Space operation, Systems engineering, Project management, TTC (telemetry & telecommanding), Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Simulation, Control|
01/2009 – Present
ESA Columbus System Engineer (Col-Systems)
Insyen AG Münchenerstrasse 20, 82234 Wessling (Germany) www.insyen.de
Certified flight controller to operate ESA’s Columbus Laboratory of the International Space Station (ISS)
▪ Operation, maintenance and anomaly resolution of the three subsystems of Columbus Laboratory, namely Environmental Control Life Support System (ECLSS), Electrical Power Distribution Systems (EPDS), Thermal Control Systems (TCS)
▪ Offline tasks include procedures (ODFs) review and validation, update of Flight rules, long term trend analysis with the ESA offline engineering team
Major roles and responsibilities
▪ 2012 – present: ECLSS Subsystems team Lead within Col-Systems team
▪ 03 – 09/2011: ISS Increment 27/28 Col-Systems Lead
▪ 03/2011: ULF5 (STS-133) Shuttle Mission Col-Systems Lead
▪ 02/2010: 20A (STS-130) Shuttle Mission Col-Systems Deputy Lead
▪ 2010 – Present: Prime responsible for Col-Systems activity planning requests in OPDCS tool (Operation Planning Tool) interfacing with EPT (European Planning Team)
▪ 2009 – Present: Prime responsible for Col-Systems team ’s displays management (SATMON user interface, USS monitoring and commanding displays, MCC-Houston MSK displays)
▪ 2009 – Present: Col-Systems team representative for eDIT (European Data Integration Team)
▪ 2009 – Present: Assigned as ECLSS Subsystem team member to work closely with ECLSS engineering team and NASA counterparts
11/2008 – 12/2008
ESA Columbus System Engineer (Col-Systems) Flight Controller
SESS GbR, Wessling (Germany)
The same job definition as above. During the two month, the training or certification period to become a Col-Systems Flight Controller was started. The company changed to INSYEN AG from January 2009 onward.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
10/2006 – 06/2008
Master of Science in Aeronautics and Space Technology
Technische Universität München, Germany and Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
▪ Aerospace technology fields including aerodynamics, jet and space propulsion, light weight material and optimization, thermodynamics, human spaceflight and many more.
▪ Language courses: German, Spanish
Several projects throughout the program such as modelling, simulation and design in space technology using MATLAB, Simulink, Catia V5, Maple, Fortran.
07/2002 – 06/2006
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, with specialization in Mechatronics
Nanyang Technological University, (Singapore)
▪ Generic engineering courses with emphasize in mechanical and production engineering
▪ Language courses: Advance English course for technical writing and communication, French, Spanish
Mechatronics engineering with both theoretical and practical courses in robotics, systems and control engineering, programming (Assembly language, C++) as well as simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
Indonesian and Javanese
English: Business fluent
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Able to work well in a multinational and multicultural team
▪ Flight controller communication skills
▪ Project management
▪ Priority and goal management
▪ Flight controller team operation
▪ Good command of Microsoft Office™ tools
▪ Working experience in both Windows and Linux OS
▪ Software knowledge: Matlab and Simulink, Maple, Pro-Engineering, CATIA, C++, FORTRAN
Current job practical skills
▪ ISS and Columbus operation
▪ ISS payload support
▪ Anomaly resolution and decision making within time pressure
▪ Flight operation tool user and generator skills: SATMON telemetry displays user interface, MCS Monitoring and Commanding tool, NASA & ESA ISS flight notes, OSTPV, etc
▪ Flight procedure validation using provided Columbus emulator (TQVS)
▪ XML and HTML skills mainly for display generation and also internal flight controller web based documentation (COL-WIKI)
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS & EXPERIENCES
▪ 04-07/2008: Master study final project within the bionics group of Insitute of Robotics and Mechatronics, DLR-Oberpfaffenhofen. “Calculation of human arm stiffness using a biomechanical model” Tools used: MATLAB, FORTRAN
▪ 01-07/2007: Semester project (Semesterarbeit) within the Lehrstuhl für Raumfahrttechnik, TU München. “Human Respiration Model for an ECLSS simulation” Tools used: MATLAB, Simulink
▪ 07/2007: Practical course project of the Space Technology class, Lehrstuhl für Raumfahrttechnik, TU München. “Design of a container for DLR’s solar sail” Tool used: CATIA
▪ 07/2005-06/2006: Final year project in School of Mechanical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. “Design of one manned DBE (Double Balloon Endo-enteroscopy)” Tool used: Pro-E
▪ 10/2006-08/2008: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from the European Commission to pursue the EuMAS program.
▪ 07/2002-07/2006: SembCorp & ST Undergraduate study Scholarship in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
▪ 11/2013: Won a consolation prize in the Engineering Innovation Design (EID) event for Automotive and Transportation criteria in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Internship/ Industrial Attachment
12-07/2005: Internship in Philips Electronics Singapore Pte. Ltd. to study the Ambilight feature of Philips flat TV and design the housing for LCD light source. Automated adjustment system for the light source was proposed. Tool used: Pro-E
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery
|3 months - Bronze
|6 months - Silver
|12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.