As a certified Project Management Professional and Master of Aerospace Engineering, I am very interested in a posting for a Project/Program Manager or Head of Department . My experience as a head of department (almost 2.5 years), project and program manager of space systems and space facilities construction projects (6.5+ years), successfully leading teams of up to 100+ people and multiple stakeholders, aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking and my strong leadership, excellent communication and outstanding interpersonal skills will make me a very competitive candidate for this position.
With almost 9 years of solid professional experience and diverse capabilities in full life cycle project management and team leadership in the space sector/projects, working in an international environment and closely with the European Space Agency, I have accountability for implementation, maintaining and optimisation / process improvement of project, quality and risk/opportunity management systems throughout the complete program life cycle from initiation until closure. I can quickly understand and anticipate customers’ needs, being able to effectively negotiate issues maintaining customer satisfaction, provide reliable reporting to management, customers and other stakeholders, assess project performance (Earned Value Management) and controlling cost/schedule/scope/quality, vast experience negotiating business proposals and contracts in technical, management and commercial backgrounds, effective management of risks and opportunities. Among others, minimizing project and corporate costs have been a consistent result of my professional commitment.
My management roles have prepared me for this position by giving me a foundation in handling a wide range of issues and objectives. I can quickly break down goals, establish scopes and effectively manage projects through completion, while exceeding expectations across the board. I know how to mediate conflicts, influence and persuade others, establish productive relationships and root out inefficiencies to ensure optimal performance for the entire team. I am fluent in English, Spanish and Russian, highly motivated and organised, results oriented, proactive and autonomous, collaborative team player, flexible to changes and willing to learn and adapt to new environment, different contexts and targets.
Some of highlights of my achievements for the success in this position include:
• Achieved 44% profit in projects by effectively managing risks and opportunities, making effective decisions by critically and proactively thinking and solving problems.
• Achieved 75% increase in management and communication efficiency by establishing and maintaining an effective project management organization and implementing best project management practices.
• Cut costs in 60% and decreased lead-time by 50% for materials and components by effective negotiation with suppliers/vendors.
I feel confident that I can bring an excellent backdrop of professional experience to your organisation. Please review my resume for additional details. I would welcome an opportunity for an interview and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Project Manager with almost 9 years of vast international experience in the space industry, leading multidisciplinary teams of 100+ persons, increasing by 75% in management and communication efficiency. Proven track record of successful delivery of multiple and large-scale projects of €350 Million, 25% ahead of schedule, with 44% profit, effective negotiation with suppliers in cutting costs in 60% and decreasing lead-time by 50%.
Project Management Professional (PMP) and Master of Aerospace Engineering.
• Excellent Benefit Analysis and Earned Value Management
• Proactive Project Management
• Effective Risk Management
• Excellent Communications Management
• Scope & Change Management
• Project & Strategic Planning
• Budget Management
• Process Improvement
• Quality Assurance
• Project Resource Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Team Leadership, Development
• Contract Administration
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• PM Techniques, Tools & S/W
• Good knowledge of ECSS
• Results Oriented
• Strategic Thinking
• Critical Thinking
• Decision Making
• Conflict Resolution
• Problem Solving
• Negotiation Skills
• Team Player
IBERESPACIO Madrid, Spain
Project Manager February 2014 – Present
• Leading engineering, design, manufacturing, testing and integration of satellite space systems.
• Proactively manage portfolio of space projects of €7 Million leading to 44% profit by effectively managing risks and opportunities, and ensure projects are at least 10-25% ahead of schedule, within scope, with required quality and meeting stakeholder expectations.
• Elaborate efficient project management plans (WBS, project planning/scheduling, milestones tracking, etc.) and implement project management procedures, establishing and maintaining an effective project management organization and implement best project management practices, resulting in 75% increase in management and communication efficiency.
• Constantly assess project performance, budget/cost, scope, schedule, quality, milestones and deliverables, KPIs, determine inconsistencies and implement corrective actions and changes.
• Regularly and timely report information on project status to stakeholders (customer, line, resource and senior management, team, subcontractors, etc.) and implement agreed actions.
• Chairing and leading customer and internal meetings and reviews.
• Effectively implement risk management process in projects and perform regular risk and opportunity assessment, implement risk mitigation / opportunity enhancement actions.
• Efficiently organise, coordinate, direct, control and monitor all project objectives, resources and activities, including controlling all resources of the contractual efforts.
• Making strategic decisions by critically thinking and proactively solving problems, in conjunction with all of the above, leading to 44% profit in projects.
• Successfully lead multidisciplinary teams of 50+ persons, establish productive relationships.
• By effective negotiation with suppliers/vendors, managed to cut costs in 60% and decrease lead-time by 50% for materials and components.
NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY OF KAZAKHSTAN, Astana, Kazakhstan
NATIONAL COMPANY “KAZAKHSTAN GHARYSH SAPARY”
Senior Manager / Head of Department November 2011 – January 2014
• Successfully led the development of international cooperation of the space agency.
• Increased by 50% management efficiency and work organisation by effective management, which led to meeting extremely tight deadlines and exceeding management expectations.
• Assured efficient resources allocation in projects and within the department, and at least 10-15% in advance completion of project and department tasks.
• Efficiently organised department work, established scope and goals, delegated tasks to staff, effectively managed their workload and reviewed their performance.
• Effectively and efficiently formally and informally communicated with top management, international and national organisations and governmental authorities.
• Established new relations, organised development of memoranda of cooperation and contracts.
Senior Project Program Manager September 2009 – October 2011
• Led development and implementation of republican major space projects, elaborating and executing project management plans, establishing effective project management organization, constantly assessing project performance and regularly reporting on to stakeholders.
• Proactively managed large-scale project of €350 Million, managed risks and opportunities, and ensured project met the key Agency’s KPIs, that it was within budget, schedule, scope, with required quality and meeting stakeholder expectations:
- Construction and Equipment of Assembly, Integration and Testing Complex of Satellites (€350M).
- Creation of Infrastructure for High-Precision Global Navigation Satellite Systems (€25M).
- Participated in project of Creation of the Earth Observation Satellites System, including construction of the Ground Segment (€400M).
• Successfully led multidisciplinary teams of 100+ persons and increased by 30% communications efficiency, carefully managing communications and ensuring the continuity of information flow between all stakeholders.
• Developed and implemented the Project Management System within the company (Project Management Office), which led to 30% increase in project management efficiency.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI) Madrid, Spain
Project Management Professional (PMP), May 2017
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE Hatfield, United Kingdom
MEng (Master) in Aerospace Engineering, 2004 – 2009
• First-Class Honours Degree (Distinction)
• English (native), Spanish (native), Russian (mother tongue), German (intermediate)
HONOURS AND AWARDS
• Thanksgiving Letter – Awarded for outstanding performance in Management, November 2013
• Certificate of Honour – Awarded for outstanding achievements in Project Management, May 2012
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.