Intern at the Institute of Flight Systems, Unmanned Aircraft Feb. - Aug. 2017
German Aerospace Center (DLR) Braunschweig, Germany
· UKF-SLAM implementation for the optical navigation system of a lunar lander. Refer to ’Projects’.
Electronic Engineer, Power Subsystem of a SAR satellite (full-time job) 2016 – 2017
ICEYE oy Espoo, Finland
· Assessment of the power budget, hardware and software development, integration and hardware-in-the-loop test. Primary focus: custom smart LiPo battery, solar array, telemetry handling, subsystem interfacing. Refer to ’Projects’.
Development and Integration Engineer (full-time job) June 2014 - Oct. 2015
Alternativas Informáticas AlterInfo C.A. (Representative of National Instruments) Caracas, Venezuela
· Development of custom hardware and software for instrumentation and automation. Main customers: Navy of Venezuela, private banking and telecom companies. Refer to ’Projects’.
MSc. in Space Science and Technology (joint program) Oct. 2015 - Oct. 2017
Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg Würzburg, Germany
· FloatSat project (multidisciplinary team project to design and develop a satellite prototype). Main modules/lectures: spacecraft dynamics, spacecraft system design and space physics.
Lulea University of Technology Kiruna, Sweden
· Main modules/lectures: electronics in space, space physics, space environment, optics and radar-based observations. Extensive analysis and interpretation of incoherent scatter radar data (EISCAT) and coherent radar data (ESRAD).
Aalto University, School of Electrical Engineering Espoo, Finland
· Principal modules/lectures: modelling, estimation and dynamic systems; stochastic models and estimation, robotics kinematics and dynamics, robotics manipulation, decision making and learning; embedded systems.
International Exchange Program Sep. 2012 - Sep. 2013
Nagaoka University of Technology Nagaoka, Japan
· Bachelor’s thesis project: “Sensor-less Adaptive Force Control System for a Leg-press Machine based on a Twin Belt-driven Mechanism.” at the Motion Control Laboratory under the advisory of Dr. Ohishi Kiyoshi. Keywords: Disturbance Observer (DOB), impedance control, B-spline interpolation for force response planning, Modal Space Design for simultaneous control of the external human force and the belt tension, Hadamard matrix, Real-Time Linux, AC Servomotors, Twin Belt-driven Mechanism.
· Modules/lectures (in Japanese language): digital control, robotics, artificial intelligence topics, network engineering and
· Member of the RoboCon Project (inter-university robotics contest): design of autonomous and teleoperated mobile robots
intended to perform multiple tasks under fixed and/or dynamic environments.
BSc. in Electronic Engineering (5-year program) Sep. 2008 - July 2014
Simón Bolívar University Caracas, Venezuela
· Overall GPA: 4.25/5
· Honorable mention for bachelor thesis.
· Principal modules/lectures: signal acquisition and processing, digital and analog control systems, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, sensors and actuators, robotics, power electronics, electromagnetic theory, radiocommunications, semiconductors and neural networks.
English: Advanced (TOEFL Ibt 98/120).
Japanese: Intermediate (JLPT score: level N3).
Spanish: Mother tongue.
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE SKILLS
Programming Languages: C/C++, Python and Java.
Hardware Description Languages: HDVL, VHDL.
Dynamic System Modelling/Control Design: MatLab/Simulink-Simscape (used on daily basis). Toolboxes: System Identification, Curve Fitting, Nonlinear Filtering, Aerospace, Robotics System, Control System.
Robot Development Platforms: ROS, Gazebo, Caffe, KUKA LWR 4+ manipulator.
Image Processing: OpenCV/OpenFrameworks libraries, Processing Software, Labview.
Embedded System Development Tools: Freescale’s CodeWarrior Development Studio and Processor Expert Software.
Microcontrollers and ICs: BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Freescale, Motorola, FPGA.
Space Mission/Environment Simulators: STK, SPENVIS .
Mechanical Design: CATIA
GUI programming: PyGTK, QT4/5, Android, Labview.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Debian), Real-Time Linux.
• Certified LabView Associate Developer (CLAD) by National Instruments company.
• UKF-SLAM Implementation for the Terrain-Based Optical Navigation System of a Lunar Lander: Development of a state estimator addressing SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and UKF (Unscented Kalman Filter) to provide with estimates of position, velocity and attitude to the controller of the lander along its descending trajectory. The state estimator fuses measurements from the IMU, star tracking camera, LIDAR, image processing algorithms (absolute position measurements) and 2D image features (landmarks). The landmark tracking functionality serves as a complementary or unique reference for localization whether absolute position measurements are available. Keywords: UKF, monocular SLAM, Inverse Depth Parametrization, Undelayed landmark initialization, Strapdown algorithm, sensor fusion, state estimation. Project at DLR.
• Electrical Power Subsystem of a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite: Development of a solar cell I-V curve simulator on MatLab with tunable electrical parameters, fluence and temperature coefficients. Performance verification of real solar array samples. Development of a custom real time in-orbit solar array simulator by interfacing a PV mode-compliant power supply, ADCS module, STK software and a pc to run the setup routine. Design, implementation and testing of the polymer-lithium battery: definition of power budget and battery architecture (hardware and software), cell balancing circuitry, power usage monitoring circuitry, telemetry handling. Integration of the power subsystem and interfacing with the onboard computer. Project at ICEYE oy company.
• Reinforcement Learning (extended Q-learning) based navigation system to aid a robot to move out of an unknown maze autonomously. Development and simulation of the algorithm on MatLab and on a custom mobile robot, also developed for this project. Keywords: Reinforcement Learning, Q-learning, e-greedy policy, realtime learning from experience, BeagleBone Black microcontroller, proximity sensors Master’s project at Aalto University.
• Practical exercises of path planning and machine learning with the 7 DOF manipulator KUKA LWR 4+ in jog, teaching and programming mode Master’s project at Aalto University.
• Satellite prototype (Floatsat project). Satellite’s mission and features: 3d- mapping and plotting of surrounding terrain by means of IR sensors, one-axis control (velocity and position), Command and Data Handling, sun searching and solar panels deployment. Keywords: Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Cascade control, Embedded system, Telemetry and Telecommand, light sensor, solar panels, power measurement circuit, sensor conditioning circuits. Masters’s project at University of Würzburg.
• Data Distribution System for a Navy submarine based on a modular Labview application aimed to interconnect all the existing devices (Radar, Inertial Navigation System, etc) and guarantee an optimal data flow. Modeling and simulation of submarine’s devices. Development of communication protocols and graphical user interfaces. Keywords: synchronous and asynchronous serial communication, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, synchros, NMEA protocol, NI Hardware Platform (PXI). Project of Alternativas Informáticas Alter-Info C.A.
• Printed Circuit Board (PCB) to power efficiently and independently each time-dependent module of a multifunctional platform running user interfaces. Keywords: time-delay circuit, relay switching circuit, electronic filtering, Altium Software. Project of Alternativas Informáticas Alter-Info C.A for banking.
• Autonomous mobile robot for the detection and picking of surrounding items by means of computer vision and sensor fusion. Avoidance of obstacles, other robots and opponent’s items. Full development of software and hardware. Keywords: Processing software, Openframeworks and OpenCV libraries, infrared sensors, DC motors, encoders, PID control, Raspberry Pi, Wireless communication. Bachelor’s project.
• Musical instrument based on an array of sensors and a synthesizer implemented on Labview. Full development of hardware and software. Keywords: accelerometers, optical and haptic sensors, Freescale’s microprocessor, Wireless communication, Fourier Transform, data sampling theory. Bachelor’s project.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT/VOLUNTARY WORK
Adventure Tourism Guide (part-time job) 013 - 2015
Climbing Venezuela Venezuela
· Experience working with local and international groups in activities as rock climbing, trekking, canyoning, rappelling , spelunking, team-building activities and recreation.
Student Government Representative 2011 - 2012
Simón Bolívar University Caracas, Venezuela
· Promote and organize academic events as internships-job fairs and the academic awards ceremony.
· Manage projects intended to improve students’ learning and campus life as online/face-to-face courses and teaching assistant interactive database.
Political Activist 2009 - 2012
“Voto Joven”, youth nonprofit organization Caracas, Venezuela
· Encourage people to participate actively in political events as government elections, making them to be aware of political,ethical, economic and social problems.
· Manage projects intended to improve students’ learning and campus life as online/face-to-face courses and teaching assistantinteractive database.
Teaching assistant of Mathematics and Physics 2010 - 2011
Simón Bolívar University Caracas, Venezuela
Volunteer 2008 - 2010
“Misioneros Claretianos”, charity program Venezuela
Join long term programs in remote and threatened regions of the country.
Bass Performer 2005 - 2008
Youth Symphony Orchestra of Caracas Caracas, Venezuela
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.