English –fluently, French-conversational level, Swedish-basic working knowledge
2003- 2005, Master of Science in Atmospheric Science, University of Bucharest, Romania
1990- 1997, Bachelor of Science in Physics and Atmospheric Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania
ITIL Foundation, Learning Tree, Stockholm 2014
PROFILE An internationally focused application expert in high performance computing for weather and climate modeling. My research interests lie in numerical weather prediction, climate change, satellite data assimilation and extreme weather events.
SKILL and EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Scientific Programming: FORTRAN, Python, Matlab, IDL
Systems: Linux, UNIX (Solaris/HP-UX), Windows, VMware, Windows
Networking: TCP/IP, SFTP, FTP, Rsync
Scripting languages: Shell /bash scripting
Other skills: knowledge of versioning control system SVN, debugging, parallel development tools like MPI , Open MP
Visualization tools for scientific data: XCONV, Ncview, Met-view, Grads.
Detailed knowledge of commonly used climate data formats GRIB1/GRIB2, SAF-NWC, NetCDF3/4, BUFR, ENVI and HDF5 and conversion tools (GRIB_API, WGRIB, CDO) and CMOR tool.
STOCKHOLM UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY Scientific Programmer, 09/2009 -12/2015
My main focus in these positions was in porting, testing and producing numerical simulations using a large scale coupled model and high-performance computing clusters and to assist users to fully take advantage of the computing facilities available at SNIC (porting, optimization and parallelization of user codes).
• Scheduled and performed regular improvements, patches, fixes, benchmark simulations of new versions of the EC-Earth model to ensure the reliability of the source code.
• Setup, executed, monitored and then reported the three ‘members’ of the decadal simulation experiments with the EC-EARTH in collaboration with the Rossby Center team from the Swedish Meteorological center( SMHI) , to the CMIP5 database.
• Analyzed scientific data sets and model’s output from the production place, high volume of data transfer into the VAGN storage, using rsync protocol.
• Provided support to MISU’s users with respect to access and use the computing and storage resources from SNIC (Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing).
• Installed, compiled and optimized regional climate models (COAMPS, NAGVEM) on different Linux Clusters platforms.
• Familiar with the use/data transfer of the relational data bases like ODB (ECMWF), MARS (ECMWF) and CMIP5.
• Collected, analyzed, and manipulated scientific data to support the EC-Earth consortium effort for the CMIP5 international data base.
National Meteorological Administration of Romania, Numerical Modeling Laboratory Researcher, 12/2001-08/2009
Responsible for the meteorological models in operational suites and the output validations.
• Adaptation of the NWP-SAF cloud detection scheme for IASI data in the COSMO weather prediction model source code using RTTOV model, developed using Fortran.
• Experienced in calibration, validation with the observations, (experience with MM5, ALADIN, COSMO, WRF, ReGCM) in a real-time operational environment.
• Installation, configuration, building libraries for Observational Data BASE (ODB) for the ALADIN model.
• Developed several operational products for forecasters (plots for different meteorological parameters).
• Operational implementation of the WRF model using HRM model outputs as initial and boundary conditions.
• Implementations of the air quality models and dispersion models in operational suite SMOKE, CMAQ and CAMx.
• Preparation of the output files from ALADIN model as input to hydrological model. Simulations with ALADIN model at high resolution (3 Km), for the flash flood events in 2005 in the Lower Siret Basin area in Romania.
Consultant Chamber of Deputies, Romania (part time job), March 2009 – August 2009 (6 months)
Bucharest Translation, adaptation of the EU legislation into Romanian language, preparation of draft laws , production of documents and statistics.
Physics teacher for the Secondary Years Program Lebanese School of Bucharest, 1999 –2001, Bucharest, Romania
Physics teacher for the Secondary Years Program
Executive Assistant 1997-2000, Zipcom Trading S.R.L, Romania
Activity: Agenda planner, organizing and preparing documents, dealing with issues related to local authorities.
Collaborations with European Commission - TAIEX events participation
• Workshop on the Preparation of General Energy Balance Tables, INFRA 55802 , 29-30.08.2014,Turkey
• Workshop on Radiation Safety, INFRA 47863- 23-24 April 2012, Kiev, Ukraine
• Workshop on Flood Risks Assessments and Management, INFRA 34295, Turkey
• Workshop on the Implementation of Air quality plans, INFRA 40306, , Serbia
• Workshop on Air Management Systems in Meteorology and Environment Data, RTP 32367, 4-5 March 2009, Pitesti, Romania
Extra-Curricular achievmets Available for relocation Available for traveling
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.