09/2016 – present
NATO ACO, SHAPE, Mons, Belgium – Space Support to Operations – Space Engineer
§ Use of Space data, products and services in support to military operations:
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR): processing of electro-optical (EO) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite imagery;
• Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT): GPS signal processing and assessment of its accuracy. Navigation warfare (NAVWAR): jamming, spoofing, meaconing;
• Space Situational Awareness (SSA): use of software like SATRAN and STK to monitor satellites’ activity in Space;
• Space Security: evaluation of Counter-Space threats like laser attacks, cyber attacks, and anti-satellite (ASAT) weapons. Assessment of dependencies and mitigation measures;
• Space Wx: cooperation with Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) section for Space Weather forecasting;
• Shared Early Warning (SEW): cooperation with Integrated Air & Missile Defence (IAMD) section for Space support to Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD);
• Satellite Communications (SATCOM): cooperation with NATO Communication and Information Agency (NCIA) for Command, Control and Communication (C3) on UHF and X bands.
§ Test and validate operational requirement for achieving NATO’s level of ambition through exercises:
• Exercise Control team member during Trident Juncture 2016, NATO full-capabilities military exercise (more than 30 Nations participating), Joint Warfare Center (JWC), Stavanger, Norway;
• Coordination and preparation of Space support to future exercises Trident Javelin 2017 and Trident Juncture 2018.
§ Policy on Space Support to NATO Operations: one of the five selected to identify, develop and incorporate Space support within applicable policy, doctrine and directive and guidance. NATO HQ, Brussels, Belgium;
§ Provide rationale on whether Space should be recognised as an operational domain within NATO;
§ Advise on how to establish and/or enhance formal agreements between NATO, Nations, and international organizations on improving the exchange mechanisms for Space data, products and services;
§ Develop of the NATO Space Handbook, designed to inform and support commanders and staffs on the use of Space capabilities during planning and execution of military operations;
§ Develop Space-related education and training material;
§ Develop Space Domain Awareness Portal in cooperation with NCIA;
§ Member of the NATO Bi-Strategic Command Space Working Group (NBiSCSWG) and of the Joint Team of Experts on Space (JToES): meetings at NATO HQ (Brussels, Belgium), JFCBS (Brunssum, Netherlands), AIRCOM (Ramstein AB, Germany), and NCIA (The Hague, Netherlands);
§ Develop 5-year plan of work (budget: $1.1 million).
04/2016 – 08/2016
CRA (Aerospace Research Centre), Rome, Italy
Processing of optical and SAR images with ENVI, ArcGIS, NEST and MatLab: land/sea monitoring, precision agriculture, environment protection and emergency management.
09/2015 - 03/2016
ESA (European Space Agency), Paris, France
§ Space Situational Awareness (SSA):
• Evaluation of tangible and intangible risks stemming from Space weather, near Earth objects and Space debris;
• Analysis of possible solutions to counter these hazards;
• Writing of the Statement of Work for SSA procurement;
• Technical consultant during the Tender Evaluation Board.
§ Assessment of defence Space capabilities of new ESA Member States;
§ Space for the Arctic: assessment of benefits that Space capabilities can bring in terms of safety, environment protection, economic development and social development;
§ Evaluation ex-ante and ex-post of socio-economic impact of Space activities.
§ ESA representative at the OECD Global Science Forum Workshop on Methodologies and Tools for assessing Socio-Economic Impact of the Large Research Infrastructures.
08/2014 - 01/2015
Selex ES – Leonardo, Rome, Italy
SAR images processing for microscopic change detection. Study of incoherent and coherent techniques for change detection in the cases of variable cluster-to-noise ratio and variable correlation coefficient. Analysis with a probabilistic approach of performances. Detection of tyres’ tracks on a grass/sand field on Cosmo-SkyMed images.
04/2011 - 12/2011
Fluid Solutions Alternative, Rome, Italy
§ Fluid dynamic characterization of carotid obstructive pathologies and related models of study and simulation. Creation of CAD of several types of carotid from real data. Computational fluid-dynamic simulation setting. Analysis of results in the case of steady and non-steady flow;
§ Data analysis, test and optimization for ESA POSEIDON (Proximal Observation and Satellite Remote Sensing Data with Experimental Investigation Oceanographic with Numerical model) project on shore erosion.
03/2017 - 03/2017
Space Support in NATO Operations – NATO School, Oberammergau, Germany
Classes: NATO approach to Space, Space Situational Awareness, Threats to Space Domain, Satellite Design, Satellite Operations Command & Control, NATO SATCOM, NATO PNT & NAVWAR, Space Weather and NATO’s Environmental Sensing, Missile Warning, NATO Joint Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (JISR), Space Law, NATO Space Support Coordination Process.
05/2015 - 07/2015
ESA Monitoring Climate from Space – ESA, Future Learn
Classes: Observing Climate Change from Space, Earth Observation Techniques, Earth Observation Technology, Managing Earth Observation Data.
02/2015 - 07/2015
Specialization in Space Institutions and Politics – SIOI, Rome, Italy
Thesis: EUCISE 2020 – Maritime Surveillance Satellite Systems. Space-Based Capabilities for Maritime Surveillance and for the “Blue economy”. (Supervisor: Prof. Carolina Matarazzi) – Final mark: 110/110.
09/2012 - 01/2015
Master’s Degree of Science in Space Engineering – Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Focus on Earth Observation and Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
Thesis on SAR Images Processing: Change Detection Techniques for Multi-Temporal SAR Images. (Supervisors: Prof. Debora Pastina, Prof. Pierfrancesco Lombardo) – Final mark: 108/110.
09/2006 - 03/2012
Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Aerospace Engineering – Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Thesis on Computational Fluid Dynamics: Fluid Dynamic Characterization of Carotid Obstructive Pathologies and Related Models of Study and Simulation. (Supervisor: Prof. Fulvio Stella).
NATO Secret (NS) – Valid through 2026.
- The Key Role of Space Support in NATO Operations. NATO Joint Warfare Center’s “The Three Swords” magazine – July 2017 (cover story);
- How to Spot Potential Threats Using SAR for Change Detection. NATO Joint Warfare Center’s “The Three Swords” magazine – July 2017.
- Member of the Italian Order of Engineers - Engineering for the Aerospace Commission.
- Certificate of appreciation for the professional contribution to TRJE16, JWC, Stavanger, Norway;
- Letter of appreciation for the professional contribution to TRJE16 (signed by SHAPE ACOS J3);
- Licensed as Professional Industrial Engineer – Sapienza University, Rome, Italy;
- PEGASUS Certificate: The European Network of Excellence in Aerospace Engineering Education.
- Italian (primary language, C2)
- English (fluent, C1)
- French (basics, A1).
- Operating Systems: Windows, MAC, Linux.
- Programming languages: MatLab, C, C++, Fortran.
- Softwares: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Front Page, Access, Outlook, Project), Share Point, ENVI, NEST, ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, GIANT, STK, SATRAN, Salome, OpenFoam, Gambit, Fluent.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.