Aerospace Engineer with 9 years experience in aerospace sector. Extensive professional experience in the frame of mechanical and thermal design.
MECHANICAL & AIT LEAD ENGINEER
2018 - Present - Mechanical & AIT Lead Engineer for THALES ALENIA SPACE ITALIA - Turin
Team Leader of the ISD Italia Team
- Assembly, Integration and Test activities for Euclid ESA satellite
- Structure and Units mechanical integration (panels installation, inserts reworks, bonding straps installation, torque application, unit interface planarity checks, thermal filler installation, preparation of most used glues)
- MLI installation (Multi Layers Insulation blankets installation and removal from S/C structure, MLI handling, MLI repairs)
- Thermistors and heaters installation (gluing, insulation check, harness crimping and routing)
- S/C handling (Mechanical Ground support equipment connection and assocated operations to vertical/horizontal lift the S/C and move it inside clean room environment)
- Test instrumentation installation (accelerometers and thermocouples gluing and cables routing)
- Harness Routing
- Capability to use crane and aerial platform conductance
- Use of pressurized inert gases (use of nitrogen/Helium bottles and pressure reducer to prepare set up for S/C purgin during trasnportation or local leak test)
2016 - 2018 - Mechanical & AIT Engineer for ARGOTEC srl - Turin - ITALY
- Analysis of a project requirements to ensure the correct design criteria in accordance with current standards (ECSS, UNI ISO)
- 2D/3D CAD modelling for design conceptualization, assembly component and product design, interference checks and tolerance analysis for components and assemblies, inserts, patterns, tooling and fixture design
- Evaluation of the appropriate geometric, dimensional tolerances and thermal treatments
- Knowledge of the main CNC machining operations milling, turning, punching, laser cutting-off and welding machines
- Mechanical and thermal accommodation of LGA and PCB components
- Interface with mechanical workshops
- Inspection and quality control of mechanical parts manufactured with the appropriate measurement tools
- Assembly and Integration activity in laboratory and clean room
2010-2016 Thermo-mechanical Engineer for Aviospace, an AIRBUS DS company
Mechanical and CAD Design Activity:
- Performing preliminary structural analyses
- Application of the pre and post-processing activity
- Identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution, which includes evaluating complete mechanical systems
- Participation in design reviews, workshops and program reviews
- 2D-3D modelling of components, assemblies and configuration drawings
- Design of components/systems including drawing generation under consideration of functional, package, material and manufacturing requirements
- Support activity to Aviospace Assembly, Integration and Test department
Thermal control Activity:
- Development of preliminary and/or refined thermal models (GMM and TMM)
- Performing steady-state and transient thermal analyses
- Design, development and trade-off of thermal control concepts
- Execution of theoretical investigations, orbital characterizations, computations and estimations related to thermal aspects of space components and equipments
- Identification of thermo-optical and material properties
- Solving thermal control design problems in consultation with customers and suppliers
- Support for Test campaign, Thermal test plan, test specification activities and TMM correlation
- Generation and writing of detailed technical reports
- Mentoring activity
Project Management Activity:
- Management and Preparation of technical proposal with dedicated costs and project planning
- Preparation of schedule, WBS, WP’s
2008-2010 Thermal Engineer for THALES ALENIA SPACE ITALY - TURIN
- Development of a thermal model and analyses on Ariane 5 main stage
- Evaluation of heat fluxes from environmental conditions
- TMM correlation
- Learning activity of THERMICA and SISTHER thermal tools
Windows XP - Windows Vista - Windows 7 - Unix/Linux platform
Microsoft Office (Word - Excel - PowerPoint)
- Esatan TMS – Therm NV
- Thermica – Sisther – Nastran – Hypermesh – Cosmos
- Catia v5
- Visual Basic – Fenetra – Fortran 77 – Tecplot
2008 Degree in Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Torino
2013 C. Borriello – G. Trani, “Italian know-how Improvement Space Launcher Vehicles”,
Aviation Expo China 2013, Beijing, China
2013 C. Borriello – G. Trani, “EXOMARS HEPA Filter Modeling and Mars Entry Thermal Analysis”,
64th International Astronautical Congress, Beijing, China
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.