NETWORK & TELECOM ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
Procurement, Deployment, Operations
Results-driven technical leader with extensive experience navigating complex network and telecom system procurement, deployment, and ongoing operations for a wide variety of multinationals. Highly skilled at ensuring optimal system performance and service delivery while controlling costs. Adept at translating complicated and changing technical requirements into seamless documentation for project proposals, planning, design, and procurement. Skilled negotiator with a proven record of achieving objectives for procurement schedules, budgets, and benefits. Known for effectively orchestrating the contributions of diverse, cross-functional resources, particularly in virtual team environments. Areas of expertise:
Network & Telecom System Management & Procurement ·System Design & Planning
Network Installations & Deployment ·Requirements Gathering
Customer Relationship Management ·ITT Preparation ·Vendor Assessment & Selection
Contract Negotiations ·Team Leadership ·Managerial Leadership ·Strategic Consulting
SELF EMPLOYED CONSULTANT
See Services defined in Primary Consultant, below.
PRIMARY CONSULTANT AT KHConsulting (khconsulting.eu)
KH Consulting will support you throughout the procurement process for your network and telecoms solutions, from gathering requirements, through ITT preperation and publication (based on ECSS standards), tender evaluation, to vendor selection and negotiation.
Once you have procured your network or telecoms solution, whether it is to be in-house managed or a managed service, KH Consulting will support you throughout the deployment, ensuring the solution meets the requirements and is fit-for-purpose.
KH Consulting will support you with the management of your engineering, technical support, or operations activities, as well as the management of your managed services (SLA/KPI, invoicing control, maintenance/upgrade scheduling, change control, ...).
As a qualified PRINCE2® Project Manager, KH Consulting will provide you with all the support necessary for the succesful management and delivery of your network & telecom projects.
Cisco Systems GmbH, Am Söldnermoos 17, 85399 Hallbergmoos, Germany 2013-2015
Project Manager (Consultant)
Support Cisco Systems in the delivery of engineering design support (data, voice, video, security) for the role-out of a world-wide network for a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, who are delivering a managed service to a multi-national company which is providing insurance and asset management products and services.
In addition, since November 2014, manage the Network Optimization Service provided to Cisco’s client.
The service provides support in the areas of routing/switching, security, wireless and Communications as a Service, to the client in terms of providing information on security alerts and issues, configuration best practice, software recommendations, optimizing the existing network design (hard- and software), reviewing planned designs or design changes (hard- and software), and escalation support (root cause analysis).
· Develop and implement a new governance model for the NOS delivery
· Develop and deliver a service to Cisco’s client that more closely integrates the support of the Cisco NOS team with their operations, from design through end-of-life
· Develop with the client a Software Management Strategy
Spaceopal GmbH, Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1, 80992 Munich, Germany ·2012-2013
Spaceopal is a joint undertaking between the German firm Gesellschaft für Raumfahrtanwendungen (GfR) and the Italian company Telespazio.
GfR was set up by the German Aerospace Centre (Deutschen Zentrums für Luft- und Raumfahrt - DLR) to offer services focusing on space-based navigation.
GDDN Technical Manager (Consultant)
Support to Spaceopal in the procurement of the GDDN (Galileo WAN) for the operational phase of the Galileo program.
Preparation of technical elements of the proposal for, at least, the following tasks:
• Review of GDDN design documents (DDF/DJF, Development & Deployment Plan, Compliance & Verification Matrix etc…)
• Support to the definition of the Operations & Maintenance concept, in particular ILS maintenance at remote sites, KPI/SLA concepts etc. and preparation of related documentation
• Support to the project management for definition of the Technical Proposal, Product Tree, contribution to preparation of WPD, Key Personnel, Verification, GANTT schedule
EADS ASTRIUM SERVICES, Ottobrunn, Germany ·2008-2012
Global provider of satellite communications services, systems, and solutions.
Senior Manager, Global Telecoms & Advanced Data Networks
Recruited to return to EADS Astrium and leverage deep expertise in networks and telecoms in support of both ongoing engagements and new project bids. Delivered high-level support to cross-functional technical and engineering teams to design robust networks and telecom systems. Served as a key liaison with diverse clients in requirements analysis, providing detailed documentation, demonstrating organisational capabilities, and building long-term relationships.
· Played a leadership role as procurement and technical manager in securing a critical bid with SpaceOpal for the Galileo project’s Initial Operational Capability (IOC) phase, rebuilding a core relationship with major SpaceOpal stakeholders and successfully securing Astrium’s position on this elite project phase.
· Delivered well-received design documentation for projects such as an EGNOS GPS data positioning programme and the European Data Relay System (EDRS), ensuring the design team’s complete achievement of complex and changing customer requirements.
EUROPEAN SATELLITE NAVIGATION INDUSTRIES (ESNIS), Ottobrunn, Germany ·2005-2008
Formerly Galileo Industries, a joint venture created as the primary procurement and system engineering company of the Galileo positioning system.
Network Procurement & Technical Manager
Held dual oversight of the end-to-end procurement and vendor bidding process for the project’s dedicated Wide Area Network (WAN) while coordinating the integration of complex technical requirements into the design and functionality plans of engineers representing the system’s mission and control segments. Ran a virtual team of up to 7 engineering, product assurance, and contract administration resources.
· Successfully negotiated the procurement of the WAN system, strategically managing complex, five-way negotiations among the customer, users, each bidder, and ESNIS.
· Achieved stringent schedule and budget goals and reduced initial cost projections more than 10%, winning formal recognitions from both the Chief Operating and Chief Technical Officers.
· Ensured bidder acceptance of a challenging iterative process for requirements delivery by fostering upfront communication and clear, detailed contracting.
EADS ASTRIUM, Stevenage, United Kingdom ·1999-2005
EADS subsidiary focused on space activities.
Network & Telecommunications Manager
Headed a 9-member team in the strategic oversight of the UK’s comprehensive network and telephony systems. Ensured robust day-to-day system performance and alignment / integration with the broader EADS Astrium European network and telephony systems while devising sound solutions for long-term system upgrades, scalability, and evolution.
· Rescued nearly £800K in planned expenses by reviewing and redirecting a LAN infrastructure upgrade project, launching a new RFI process with competing vendors, and procuring a more advanced, structured network solution with improved features.
· Delivered hundreds of thousands of £ in annual cost savings while reducing corporate dependence on the WAN, increasing bandwidth, and improving service to the smaller offices with a complete overhaul to the company’s international network connection strategy.
· Drove approximately £200K in savings to “fixed” telephony costs via strategic invoice reviews and cost control measures.
· Paved the way for considerable further telephony cost savings by conducting the research and securing approval for the procurement of a complete replacement telephony system.
CAREER NOTE: Additional roles include positions as Network Operations Manager and Senior Network Support Group Coordinator for AMADEUS, Shift Coordinator, Ground Configuration Controller, and Team Leader for EUROPEAN SPACE OPERATIONS CENTRE (ESA), and as Senior Data Processor for the UK DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT. Details available upon request.
Bachelor of Science (honours)
Open University, Distance Learning Programme, United Kingdom
Extensive, ongoing professional development training
in both management and technical disciplines, including courses in:
Project Management (PRINCE2 Certified)
Management ·Finance ·Motivation Quality Management
Conflict Management ·Staff Appraisals ·Interviewing ·Civil Service Staff Management
Cisco, Nortel, BBN, IBM, Unisys, Timeplex Systems & Protocols
Satellite Communications Systems
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.