A Spacecraft System Engineer having experience across multiple science missions in Japan. Also a Test Engineer and AIV Manager dedicated for BepiColombo Project.
I am now seeking a space related engineering role in Europe to expand my international experience. I can also contribute towards marketing, sales, and procurement efforts through my Japanese professional network.
2009 - Present System Engineer, NEC Corporation Space Systems Division (Japan)
- Feasibility Study for Future Science Projects (2009-present) (Phase A):
Responsible for conducting feasibility studies by leading a team of subsystems experts.
- AIT Management for BepiColombo/MMO (2012–present) (Phase D):
Responsible for leading the MMO AIT Team to conduct MMO AIT activities both in Japan and in ESTEC.
- System Engineering for BepiColombo/MMO (2009–2011) (Phase C):
Responsible for consolidating MMO critical design during Phase C together with subsystem experts. Also supporting the project manager in risk/cost/human management.
- RF Inspection (2012-2015) (Phase D):
Licenced as a Radio Inspector by the Japanese authority, qualified to inspect/test spacecraft to check their compliance to the Japanese RF regulations.
- Interfacing Asians and Europeans, understanding both ways of developing spacecraft
- Broad knowledge across subsystems necessary for interfacing and supervising them
- Leadership and management skill for leading a team of subsystem and AIV experts
- Creating test plans, test procedures, test reports, interpretation of test results
- Non-conformance assessment and processing
- Knowledge of RF necessary for On-The-Ground I-Category Special Radio Operator Licence authorized by the Japanese government
Education and Training
2004 - 2009 Ph.D. in Astronautics, University of Tokyo (Japan)
2006 - 2008 Double MSc in Space Robotics (European SpaceMaster Program),
Helsinki University of Technology (Finland) & Luleå University of Technology (Sweden)
2004 Internship in Space Industry, EADS Astrium (Friedrichshafen, Germany)
2002 - 2004 MSc in Astronautics, University of Tokyo (Japan)
2002 - 2009 Master Thesis and Ph.D. Thesis in Japan
Relative-orbit control methods development and their dynamics analysis for spacecraft flying in vicinity, known as formation flight, mainly with computer simulation using C/C++ and Matlab.
2006 - 2008 Master Thesis in Europe
Dynamics analysis of a spherical robot, involving actual hardware development.
2001 - 2006 CubeSat Development
Involved in student-led CubeSat development. The CubeSat was one of the very first ones launched into orbit in the world, launched from Russia in 2003.
C/C++, Matlab, Mathematica
English (Fluent), German (Beginner)
Travelling abroad, Studying languages
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.