Aerospace SW and Simulation Engineer
05/2016– SW Simulation Engineer, TXT e-solutions, Sassenheim, The Netherlands.
05/2017 Consultant at CAE Commercial Flight Training, in continuity with the previous position
(ongoing) (Boeing 737 Full Flight Simulators - Software Discrepancies Resolution team).
- 737 FFS technical support on Customers’ issues, involving Flight Model and autopilot performances and impacting the Qualification Test Guide results (C++ code analysis, fix development, testing and deploy);
- QTG scripts improvement, maintenance and updates for both baseline 737 QTG database or Customers’ specific needs (C++ and Lua scripting language);
- Support to QTG tool runs and several EASA/FAA qualifications activities (both Master and Recurrent Qualifications).
Main achievements: EASA Qualification of Boeing 737 Full Flight Simulator Lev. D in Quadrant Systems (UK), with HCIL load (major B737 update)
08/2015– SW Simulation Engineer, TXT e-solutions, Sassenheim, The Netherlands.
05/2016 Consultant at Lockheed Martin Commercial Flight Training, member of Software
Discrepancies Resolution team for Boeing 737 Full Flight Simulators.
Main tasks: as above.
- CAAC Qualification of Boeing 737 Full Flight Simulator Lev. D in 9Air amd OKAir, China.
- Internal basic QTG database review and architectural update.
07/2012– Avionics and Simulation Engineer, TXT e-solutions, Sesto Calende (VA), Italy.
08/2015 Consultant at AgustaWestland / Rotorsim Training Academy, developing rotorcraft flight simulation solutions for FSTD-H (Flight Simulation Training Devices - Helicopter).
- Analysis of real flight test data;
- Simulation modules development using C++ language and Matlab / Simulink, integration and testing;
- Flightlab and RSim rotorcraft flight models development, and objective / subjective tuning;
- Existing flight models performance evaluation campaigns, and specific model adjustments;
- Simulators overall evaluation and SW debugging activities, in cooperation with test pilots;
- QTG tests scripting, support to QTG runs and EASA/FAA Qualifications (in Italy and abroad)
- EASA/FAA Qualification of Rotorsim AW139 Full Flight Simulator Lev. D;
- EASA Qualification of Rotorsim AW189 FTD Lev. 2 and FFS Lev. D (basic and SAR);
- EASA Qualification of Rotorsim AW169 FTD Lev. 2 and FFS Lev. D;
- Development of a rotorcraft swash-plate and commands chain simulation, using model-
- based approach (Simulink). Automatic code generation with Embedded coder and
- integration into C/C++ environment.
2009–2012 Master’s Degree, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 102/110.
Aeronautical Engineering (Avionics and Aircraft Systems)
2004–2009 Bachelor’s Degree, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 92/110.
1999–2004 High School Diploma, Liceo Scientifico, Saronno (VA), Italy, 100/100.
Scientific High School
- title: Design and development of an automated flight testing and data recording system on a RC model sailplane, for academic researches on Parametric Identification
- supervisors: Carlo L. Bottasso
- key words: Flight Testing, Parametric Identification, stability and control derivatives, model aircraft, ArduPilot Mega microcontroller
PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Italian: Mother tongue
English: Professional - Proficient both in written and spoken language, TOEFL CBT Certification
French: Intermediate - Good reading skills, basic speaking
Dutch: Basic - Elementary understanding
Very good communication and team-working skills, even in an international environment and willingness to travel abroad. Hard working and goal-committed person, both autonomously and as a team member.
Science and technology (physics, aerospace, astronomy, IT), sports (skiing, trekking, cycling, football), music and cinema (rock, blues, electronic, Sci-Fi, comedies andadventure), art and literature (painting, architecture, novels).
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
General hard skills
Dynamic Very good skills in Flight Models development & tuning and discrete systems
systems simulation; good skills in state-space modeling & computing, 3D aero-structural
modeling analisys, multi-body dynamics;
SW design Very good skills in code analisys and debugging, model-based design, distributed
and simulation environments; good skills in real-time and embedded SW; elements of
programming HLA-based architectures;
Flight Sim. Very good skills in real flight test data analysis, FAA/EASA rules for FSTD Qualifi-
Training cation (both fixed and rotary wing aircraft), Qualification Test Guide (QTG) testing
Devices and validation process, simulators updates and sustainment. Good insight in Control Loading systems (integration issues and tuning);
SW life-cycle Good skills in code versioning tools, AGILE methodology for project management,
management JIRA platform for SW issues and deliveries tracking.
Specific Computer skills
- Operating systems: MS Windows (very good), Linux and Android (good)
- Programming and scripting languages: C / C++ (good), Matlab (very good), Lua (good), Arduino (good)
- Model-based design: Simulink (very good), Stateflow and Real-Time Workshop (good)
- IDE: MS Visual Studio 2010 and Eclipse SDE (good)
- Versioning tools: Tortoise CVS, SVN, MS Team-Foundation Server (very good)
- Virtual machines: VirtualBox and VMWare (very good)
- Aircraft modeling: Flightlab (very good), AVL/XFoil and MSC Femap/Nastran (good)
- 3D and multi-body modeling: Elements of Catia, SolidEdge and MSC Adams
- Productivity tools: MS Office (good), LaTex (good), Remote Desktop clients (good)
- Miscellaneus: MoogExplorer, Elements of MySQL DB and server, System and Network administration (good)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.