Structural Engineer with proven experience in development, verification and optimization of structural components of space vehicles and spacecraft subsystems.
Well founded knowledge of static and dynamic (modal, frequency response, random, vibroacoustics, shock) analysis procedures for composite and metallic lightweight structures using FEM and other tools.
Very good knowledge of the mechanical environment and structural requirements for spacecrafts and space equipment.
Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks. Work well independently and as a team member.
Thales Alenia Space Italia S.p.A. Rome, Italy.
July 2011 to March 2016
Mechanical Project Engineer at CC Electronics - Antenna Mechanical Design Department.
In charge of the structural design development and verification of antenna subsystems for communication and remote sensing spacecrafts.
Involved in all the project phases, from preliminary design phase to environmental tests, coordinating the activities of the mechanical design team and performing static, dynamic (normal mode, sine and random vibration, shock, vibroacoustics), and thermo-elastic analysis using FEM and other tools.
Responsible for constructing and analysing finite element models, issuing the relevant documentation and presenting the designs to customers in formal reviews.
• mechanical design development and verification of the large SAR reflector antenna intended for the SARah 2 and 3 satellites;
• preliminary design of a large unfurlable reflector suitable for small SAR satellites, developed in the frame of the Compact SAR program;
• mechanical design of the two lateral deployable reflector antennas embarked on the Athena-Fidus telecommunication satellite as part of the italian payload.
Sofiter System Engineering S.p.A. Rome, Italy.
November 2005 to June 2011
FEM simulation and analysis of spacecraft structures carried out as consulting engineer at Thales Alenia Space Italia.
• October 2008 to June 2011 - Structural engineer at Thales Alenia Space CCEL Antenna Mechanical Design Dpt, in charge of the development and analysis of metallic and composite lightweight structures of antenna subsystems for communication and remote sensing spacecrafts;
• November 2005 to July 2008 - Structural analyst at Thales Alenia Space Observation Systems and Radar Satellite System Engineering Dpt. Also involved in support activities to the Thermal Control System specialists of the SICRAL program (generation of technical documentation, implementation of the environmental test campaign for SICRAL 1B spacecraft, and support to the operating team of the SICRAL 1 spacecraft).
Department of Aerospace and Astronautic Engineering (DIAA) – University of Rome “la Sapienza”, Rome, Italy.
October 2004 to July 2005
Structural Analyst within a cooperation between DIAA and Alenia Spazio
Updating, integration, verification and analysis (static and dynamic) of the structural finite element model of the SICRAL 1B spacecraft, carried out at the Satellite System Engineering Dpt of Alenia Spazio.
AeroEng - Aerospace Engineering s.r.l., Rome, Italy.
July 2001 to September 2004
FEM modelling and analysis (static and dynamic) of equipment and electronic units for space applications.
FTO (Flight Training Organization) Aviomar S.r.l., Rome, Italy
Ground Instructor for the CPL/IR (A) (Commercial Pilot's Licence / Instrument Rating – Aircraft) theoretical knowledge training course - Airframes & Systems (JAR-FLC Ref. No. 021).
FTO AeroClub di Viterbo, Viterbo, Italy
Ground Instructor for the ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot's Licence) theoretical knowledge training course - Airframes & Systems (JAR-FLC Ref. No. 021).
Aerospace Engineering Degree (5 years program), March 2002.
Università degli Studi “La Sapienza” di Roma.
Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
Dissertation: “Dynamic analysis of aerospace structures excited by pulse loads”.
Software: Nastran, Patran, Femap, HyperMesh, Actran, VA One
Tools: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Environment: Windows, UNIX, Linux
2014 - MSC Software: NASTRAN Non-linear analysis
2013 - MSC Software: ADAMS basic
2013 - MSC Software & FFT: ACTRAN basic
2012 - MSC Software: NASTRAN - Advanced Dynamic
2012 - MSC Software: NASTRAN - Optimization
2012 - MSC Software: SymXpert basic
Italian → first language
English → intermediate
The Development of a Large Unfurlable Reflector Assembly, ESA Workshop on Large Deployable Antennas, ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2‑3 Oct. 2012
On the Experimental Validation of FEM for Pyroshock Propagation in Space Structures, Proceedings of XVII Congresso Nazionale AIDAA, Vol.I, pp. 111‑121, Roma, Italy, 15‑19 Sept. 2003
On the Use of FEM for Pyroshock Propagation in Space Structures, Proceedings of 53rd International Astronautical Congress, IAC‑02‑I.2.07, Houston, Texas, 10‑19 Oct 2002
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.