• Terma BV- European Space Agency
At the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division, Electrical Power Management (TEC-EPM) my main duties are:
▪ Support several projects of Science, Earth observation, Navigation and Telecommunications satellites for the Power Control and Distribution Units (PCDU) of Electrical Power Subsystems and for the Power Processing Units (PPU) of Electrical Propulsion Subsystems including system sizing, Requirements Specification, Design Reviews, failure investigations and non-conformances, Qualification, Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) and launch campaigns.
▪ System and electrical engineer support to several satellite subsystems (Solar Array, Battery, Electrical Power Subsystems, Satellite Management Unit, Remote Terminal Unit, Payload Management Unit, Electrical Propulsion, Thermal subsystem, payloads, instruments) including design definition, design justification, design review, power sources sizing, verification control, system tests and integration in the launcher.
▪ EMC related analysis, test procedures and reports review.
▪ Power systems support in feasibility studies through the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF).
▪ R&D in activities related to Space Power Systems and Electrical Propulsion Systems.
January 2011 – now
• MATIS BENELUX: Consultant Engineer
1. Consultancy and technical support in EADS ASTRIUM CRISA ( February 2009 - April 2010)
Development of DC/DC converters: Electrical design and simulations of power stage, control stage and protections. Stability analysis, worst case analysis (WCA), part stress analysis (PSA), failure mode effect and criticality analysis (FMECA), power budget.
2. Consultancy and technical support in THALES ALENIA SPACE ETCA (July 2008 - February 2009)
Research in the Sequential Switching Shunt regulator (S3R): analysis of the functionality of the regulator in terms of driver design and control, for Solar Arrays with different peak current and parasitic capacitance, and load modulation (TDMA). Studies of the impact in efficiency and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
• EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: Young Graduate Trainee – Power Conditioning Engineer.
One year training ship at the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division, Electrical Power Condition section (TEC-EPC). Main duties were R&D and hand’s on activities for DC/DC converters, PCDU and Space Power Systems.
June 2007 – June 2008
• DELTA UTEC - EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: YES2 project – Power and System Engineer.
Power budget, inventory support and logistics, research, designing and checking electronic applications and components.
September 2006 – March 2007
• PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION OF GREECE: Electrical Engineer Trainee.
Providing technical support and measuring the ground of the Power Transformers at the High Voltages Networks.
June 2000 – September 2000
June 2005 University of Patras, School of Engineering, Patras, Greece
Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (5 years of studies, equal to a Master’s degree)
Thesis in Electric Power Systems
Title: Design of 400Watt DC/DC Converter in order to supply Electrical Vehicle
• Design and simulation of a Flyback Converter using a new technique with low power losses and high power factor.
• Prototype development for laboratory purposes.
Related Academic Courses
• Power Electronics, Power Electronics Devices and Industrial Applications, Electric Motor Drive Systems.
• High Voltages, High Voltages Equipment-Insulations, Tests and Measurements of High Voltages, Protections from Hypertensions and Lighting Rods.
• Renewable Energy Sources, Physics of Photovoltaic Cells, New Technologies of Solar Cells.
• Electrical Installations, Electrical Economy, Protection of Electric Power Systems, Control and Stability of Electric Power Systems.
▪ Good communication skills acquired through the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF).
▪ Working experience in multicultural environments.
▪ Teamwork spirit and ability to work alone.
▪ Responsibility and accountability.
Organisational / managerial skills
▪ Technical project management of Power Control and Distribution Units (PCDU) and Power Processing Units (PPU).
▪ Technical project management of R&D activities internal to ESA related to Telecommunication domain (ARTES), or to product development (TRP, GSTP).
▪ Member of the TEC-EPM team within ESA for conferences and workshops preparation.
Computer and Technical Skills
Cadence Orcad - PSpice A/D and Advanced Analysis
Spectrum Software – Micro-cap
Mentor Graphics – Veribest
Experienced on hand’s on job from previous jobs and laboratories that attended during studies
Co-author of several technical notes internal to ESA
▪ Design and Installations of LED lighting systems (2010)
▪ Installations of power systems with solar arrays for houses, autonomous and on-grid connected (2010)
▪ Protection from Lighting Rods for a 65m2 house (2005)
▪ Digital Power Controller (2016)
▪ Power Supply Design workshop (2014)
▪ Disruptive EEE Component Technology An introduction to wide band gap semiconductors (2013)
▪ EEE component workshop (2012)
▪ Battery Technology for Space Applications (2011)
▪ Reliable Electrical Engineering (2011)
▪ Spacecraft Systems Engineering (2007)
Greek (Native Language)
References on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.