CADM Engineer (m/f/d)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CADM Engineer will be responsible for the provision of engineering support in delivering a safe and efficient Configuration Management service, in cooperation with the ILS and CADM Manager.
This includes in particular:
- Continual development of existing CADM processes suitable to the business needs of Spaceopal in liaison with ILS and CADM Manager as well as Quality Manager;
- Implementing the configuration management policy and standards in the company and for the GSOp Project;
- Ensuring changes to the configuration are properly approved and communicated;
- Maintaining integrity of the CADM database in CMAT and other tools;
- Supporting enhancement of CMAT to comply with user needs;
- Implementing customer configuration change note instructions and liaising with customers, project management and quality teams;
- Participating to Configuration Control Boards, documenting/tracing status of Change Requests and Board decisions, partly chairing CCBs and/or acting as secretary to the CCB chair;
- Following-up/sorting-out problems related to the processing of CCRs (input/output);
- Performing quality checks, monitoring the correct usage/status tracking of CCRs in centralized tools and trigger corrections/updates in case of issues;
- Supporting the preparation and review of CADM related reports;
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Product- and Configuration Item Tree and underlying configuration item attributes/data;
- Supporting the review and handover of configuration items/assets to the project from external parties;
- Supporting the execution of configuration audits;
- Ensuring consistency of asset records and status within centralized tool/database;
- Liaising with relevant PoC at subcontractor level.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Commercial Engineering, Economics or Telecommunications) or relevant work experience;
- Experience in similar activities, better if acquired in Space or Defence programs, or in highly security-sensitive commercial sectors (e.g. finance);
- Used to work target oriented, good organisational skills (time management, efficiency, dealing with parallel issues, etc.);
- Strong attitude to team work, also leveraging resources not directly dependent on him/her;
- Commitment and conscientiousness, customer orientation, good communication skills;
- Experienced in Configuration Management disciplines and underlying data/information handling (Structures, Baseline Management etc.);
- Experiences related to standardisation and quality reviews/audits;
- Good software skills, related to general software design/setup, configuration concepts;
- Familiar with Configuration Management standards/best-practices (e.g. ITIL, ECSS etc.);
- Fluent written and spoken English, fluency in Italian and/or German is appreciated;
- Fluency in standard office automation tools (MS Office, Email, Internet, etc.).
Spaceopal headquarter (Munich, Germany).
- It could be necessary to spend time periodically at the GCC-D (Oberpfaffenhofen, Munich, Germany) and/or at the GCC-I (Fucino, Italy);
- It could be necessary to participate to meetings in the above locations and in other relevant project locations in Europe.
- 30 days annual leave;
- Work-life-balance, e.g., through flexible working time models and mobile office options;
- Employer supported pension scheme;
- Employer supported canteen, free coffee & fruit service;
- Centrally located office;
- Personal development and training options;
- Regular company and team events;
- International working environment, dynamic, multicultural and motivated teams.
Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
Do you want to get involved with us? Do you want to be a part of our interdisciplinary international teams - be part of the Galileo Family? Does your specialist area match our subjects?
If you are convinced that you are right for us, take a look at all our vacancies - or send in a speculative application! Browse through our open positions. We look forward to receiving completed applications for our job postings here.
Be part of a multinational team of high professionals in a dynamic working environment. Be part of one of Europa’s largest and most complex technology projects.
Be part of the Galileo Family!
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.