Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer
The Senior Aircraft Safety Engineer will help us design and develop the aircraft and its installed systems. As an electric aircraft, this may entail new and novel approaches to system safety, in some cases requiring an innovative approach to the system design.
This will be a broad role covering design support, analysis and compliance finding. In this role, you will provide specialist support to all other engineering groups including systems and structures.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Conduct safety assessments and analyses for aircraft, systems, components, and processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant safety aeronautic regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Apply system safety engineering principles to identify, analyse, and mitigate safety risks throughout the aircraft development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain safety documentation.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of internal safety standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, system engineers, and regulatory authorities, to ensure a comprehensive approach to safety.
- Support the aircraft certification process by providing safety-related documentation and participating in certification activities.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior engineers.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and professional development, offering guidance on safety engineering principles and practices.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and improvement among the team.
- You will report directly to the Chief Engineer and your place of work will be at our main office located in central Gothenburg, Sweden.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years' experience within an aerospace OEM company environment, including preliminary design phases.
- Experience with aircraft development programs through the entire design, development & certification lifecycle (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or international equivalent.
- Direct experience with safety and system safety engineering, within an approved design organization.
- Experience with functional hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, common cause analyses and particular risk analyses.
- Knowledge of systems and safety engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761).
- Proficiency coordinating activities of engineers internally and in partner supplier companies is a merit.
- Working knowledge of airborne hardware & software qualification (DO-254/178) is an advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a merit.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace, aeronautical similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.