Mechanical and Thermal Team Leader
- Manage a team of 2-3 engineers providing technical and methodological support;
- Support the team in terms of skills development and training;
- Evaluate and increase individual and collective performance;
- Allocate resources to projects operational needs considering individual level of expertise and workload;
- Support project managers with planning activities;
- Perform technical reviews;
- Support recruitment conducting technical interviews and on-boarding new employees;
- Develop process and quality check with our PAQA to guarantee the reliability of our mechanical parts and assembly;
- Being actively involved into the execution of at least one project;
- Formulate conceptual design of space products and systems to meet customer requirements;
- Design, develop and implement a variety of mechanical assembly, systems, and/or parts primarily for hosting electronic elements;
- Use advanced mathematical models or other computer analysis methods to simulate, evaluate, or modify design, according to customer engineering requirements;
- Carry-on mechanical assembly and integration activities;
- Prepare test plans and test procedures;
- Perform tests at unit level and analyse results, write consistent technical reports of findings and recommendations;
- Collaborate with customers (internal and external) to establish specifications, performs analysis, and plan performance testing.
- Experience in team management and resource planning;
- Excellent skills in efficient mechanical design and thermal analyses;
- Excellent skills in using Mechanical CAD software and Mechanical/Thermal Simulation software;
- Common sense and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in English – French or German are strong assets;
- Master’s degree in Mechanical & Thermal Engineering or equivalent;
- Over 3 years relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical workshop and tools;
- Hands-on experience with 3D printing;
- Previous experience in clean room (ISO-8) environment;
- Previous experience with shock, vibration, TVAC and thermal cycling tests;
- ESA documentation & ECSS standards;
- Experience in Satellite Space Engineering or Payload development.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.