|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Ground / Terrestrial Engineering|
In order to support its growth, SES Techcom Services has a need for an additional resource to support projects in the field of Ground Solutions.
In this position you will contribute to and lead projects related to the development, implementation, improvement of ground based services and systems. You will as well be responsible to attract new projects for SES and SES Techcom.
In cooperation with SES internal and external partners, you will develop technical and business solutions. Key activities include customer requirements collection, engineering of communications systems, preparation of and or contributions to request for proposals, studies, reports, specifications, contractual documentation and operational guidelines, leading of multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams.
The mission consists in the successful realization of projects, product and services that support SES Techcom to become a leading supplier of technical products/services, systems and applications in the field of satellite-related engineering and operations to satellite manufacturers, satellite operators and associated partners.
· Attract contracts by managing or supporting customer requests for proposal (RFP), comprised of activities such proposal team set up and management, technical and financial proposal preparation, and contract negotiation;
· Deliver (products, services, systems) to SES customers within budget, specification and on time;
· Either support or be responsible to:
o Design, specify and implement fixed, transportable or mobile uplink or stations;
o Design subsystems and implement earth station equipment including antennas, HPA's, switch matrix, up/down-converters, modulators and inter-facility equipment;
o Design, evaluate and implement IP networking and applications infrastructure required to support satellite and hybrid communication systems;
o Design and implement operations and business support system (OSS/BSS) for the satellite and hybrid communication systems;
o Perform transmission analysis, in particular link budget calculations, and studies in support of business development, customer services;
o Conceptual design of innovative satellite networks and/or network elements and development of associated specifications;
o Follow-up of delivered systems during lifetime operations;
· Manage and build up successful technical customer and partner relationships;
· Awareness and evaluation of relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects;
· Promote SES and SES Techcom products and services in the Satellite Industry and Satellite Communication Markets
· Have min. 5 years of applicable professional experiences in engineering and implementing of telecommunications systems;
· Experience in communication network with emphasis on TCP/IP running over different physical media (IP routing protocols; SNMP; VPN; IP Multicast; mobile, wireless and satellite IP);
· Experience in a system design, network design, deployment and operations;
· Experience in VSAT networks and/or network planning and modelling would be additional asset;
· Experience with satellite RF technologies and satellite based communication networks;
· Have excellent and proven project/budget and time management experience;
· Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers;
· Fluent in English and additional knowledge of another language of the EMEA region;
· Willing to travel internationally, and meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide;
· The incumbent will be required to access radio frequency rooms/areas.
!! we only accept applications from candidates with a valid work permit in Luxembourg
Senior Manager, Ground Solutions