|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Ground / Terrestrial Engineering|
- Attract contracts by managing or supporting customer requests for proposal (RFP), comprised of activities such proposal team set up and management, technical and financial proposal preparation, and contract negotiation;
- Provide support to Commercial department for the pre-sales activities (pre-sales engineering)
- Deliver (products, services, systems) to SES customers within budget, specification and on time;
- Awareness and evaluation of relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects;
- Either support or be responsible to:
• Design and implement system architecture and development work, necessary for project implementation, including project control functions;
• Design, evaluate and implement IP networking and applications infrastructure required to support satellite and hybrid communication systems;
• Procure equipment, software and services necessary to build a infrastructure and customer promises equipment needed for satellite and hybrid communication systems;
• Follow-up of delivered systems during lifetime operations;
- Have a university degree Telecommunication Engineering, Network Engineering, or equivalent;
- Have min. 5 years of applicable professional experiences in engineering, implementing software and network systems;
- Experience in communication network with emphasis on TCP/IP running over different physical media (IP routing protocols; SNMP; VPN; IP Multicast; mobile, wireless and satellite IP);
- Experience in a system design, network design, deployment and operations;
- Have in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN engineering design for voice, data and video networks
- Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.1ah
- Good understanding of interior and exterior routing and switching protocols, DNS, DHCP, proxy functions (forward and reverse), security protocols (IPSec, SSL, etc.), time protocols (e.g. NTP), tag and label switching, real-time protocols for voice (Skinny, SIP, H.323, MGCP), etc.
- Thorough understanding of UNIX/Linux Operating System, Virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing, FC and NAS based storage devices, FC switches.
- Engaged in design, install, configure and maintenance of complex routing, switching, QOS, WAN/LAN, firewalls, load balancers and network security issues.
- Good understanding of iDirect, Gilat and/or NewTec Satellite Network platform.
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Have excellent and proven project/budget and time management experience;
- Knowledge of performance, risk, cost, and schedule analysis;
- Be able to integrate into and/or lead cross-functional and/or virtual project teams;
- Have good communication capabilities, analytical sense, innovative spirit, business mind, self-starting qualities, coordination and priority setting abilities;
- Conflict management skills in a multicultural and interdisciplinary set-up;Excellent internal and external communication skills as well as team-spirit;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English and additional knowledge of another language of the EMEA region
- Willing to travel internationally, and meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide.