Project Manager, Government Solutions Development
The Netherlands - The Hague
Business Dev. / Strategic Management
SES is introducing four Market Solutions Centers ( MSC), in order to best serve the rapidly evolving growth verticals: Next Generation Data-Fixed, Next Generation Data Mobile, Government and Next Generation Video.
Through its Global Government vertical ( also named Market Solutions Center), the vision of SES is to become a recognized and respected brand in carefully selected government and institutional markets beyond the US and Europe, positioning SES as the preferred provider of global government satellite solutions.
Based in The Hague and supporting the Vice President, Government Solutions Development, the Project Manager, Government Solutions Development will play a key role in the development activities of the Global Government MSC, expanding the current customer base, and in developing new solutions tailored to selected Governments & Institutions.
The Project Manager, Government Solutions Development is contributing to the development, design and management of the entire portfolio of new satellite solutions designed on behalf of global government customers.
Specific duties include:
• Conduct analytical and project management work to develop tailor made infrastructure and network solutions on the existing and future SES satellite fleet for the Government vertical
• In liaison with other relevant entities in SES (Strategic Market Intelligence, Technology etc), act as center of excellence and best practice to the commercial front end for the development of business opportunities with Governments and institutions, such as:
o Actively contribute to the commercial and technical Project Management for offerings around hosted payloads and other satellite related projects and end-to-end solutions
o Assist in the development of full satellite programme solutions (e.g. defense programs)
• Enabling the commercial activities by supporting the Vice President, Government Solutions Development in providing strategic advisory and lobbying role at senior Governmental level (ministerial level)
• Participate in selected exhibitions, trade shows and conferences
• Provide input to Fleet Development on Government requirements for future SES satellites (GEO, MEO, etc.) with close coordination across all government facing activities within SES (SES GS, G&I, TechCom, Commercial teams, etc.)
Experience / Qualifications
• Minimum 4-7 years work experience with at least 3-5 years’ experience in the Satellite Telecommunications or Data Communications Industry, ideally in connection with governments or public institutions
• Engineering Degree and/or MBA
• Fluency in English; the knowledge of other languages is considered an additional asset
• Ability to create and commercialize customer solutions best adapted to customer demand
• Excellent Project Management skills with focus on execution and implementation;
• Excellent analytical and communication / presentation skills
• Be a pro-active team player with strong relationship building qualities and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
• Understanding the market dynamics and technological drivers in the Government and Defense sector, and help formulate the consequential innovation & commercial development strategies;
• Ability to identify and effectively implement change and solve problems;
• Readiness to travel internationally
• Relevant security clearance preferred
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
The Vice President, Government Solutions Development
• Apply for this Job online