HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Modelling and Simulation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Modelling and Simulation Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Technology Directorate within ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out system modelling to evaluate end-to-end performance for space missions, in support of system design and verification, with particular emphasis on simulator development (software), processor development for data products and formalising simulator architectures in Earth Observation and Space Science ;
- Perform system modelling to formalise the system description subject to evaluation;
- Support requirements engineering and subsequent verification and validation activities at system and software level;
- Define and validate metamodels/methodologies to support system modelling activities;
- Perform integration and verification of industrial elements in the end to end performance scenario;
- Provide technical support to projects and end users in AIT/AIV domains;
- Isolate and report software problems, evaluate relevant new methods, tools and standards.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Practical experience of performance simulators and system modelling.
- University degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Experience of simulator development, functional and performance;
- Background in data processor development;
- Knowledge of system modelling with formal methods (e.g. SysML)
- Experience in system requirements and verification engineering
- Good knowledge of related methods and tools
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from September 2015 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-SC-2718 before 21-Aug-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!